Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

I started this scrapghan in May 2007 and put it down for a long time. I pulled out the loads of scraps I have and added a few inches to it this weekend.

Wouldn't you know, I ran out of the Caron pounder in black I was using for the in between rows. :eek

Now it needs to sit unloved again until I can another black pounder. :blush

2815571070_ae77ba54c7_m.jpg

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got so much yarn stashed in the corner, I've got about 5 feet high by 5 feet wide. My husband is about to build another room.

I need to think of a new project to eat up some yarn.

Donna

Let him build the room first! :D

Beautiful afghans Christina and Lynn! :cheer:yay

Here is the one I just finished last night. I didn't measure it, but it is draped across our king size bed.

Scrapghan1.jpg

A close up of the border.........

DSC01456.jpg

Very nice ghan Lynn! I love the colours and how it is so graphic. How big is it?

its appx 36x 48 12" squares plus a border

my favorite size to make- usable but not so big that it takes forever and ever to join and finish

DSC01459.jpg

It's going to be basically one big Granny Square, but I don't know if you can tell from the pic....the off white rnd is all dc's, then the navy rnd is 3 dc's, ch one, 3 dc's etc., which simulates the Granny Square st. Then the light blue is back to regular Granny Square sts worked into the ch sps from the navy rnd. Every several rnds I intend to duplicate that method.

All of the afghans posted look fabulous, ladies! :clap

Ok, here is what I am working on...

I have 2 rows of my yoyo-ghan completed. LoL I have about 150 more yoyo's ready to be added though. I've figured that I need 25 per row for it to be the width I like, haven't yet figured out how many rows. So I'll be here awhile. :lol

This is the 3-strand one I started last week- I have 12 squares so far. I think I will need about 4 more. I am going to join them with white Softee Chunky.

th_afghanpics001.jpg

This is one I just found in my bedroom tv stand. I started it when pregnant with my youngest, I just finished it on the 30th, which was her first birthday! :cheer

th_afghanpics002.jpg

I also had the idea last night to start Dot's scrumptious scraps with the Caron Brites as well, with white as the sc's in between (yes, I have a ton of this yarn! LoL) At first it looked pretty cute, but the more I looked at it, I thought this is going to turn into one of those projects that I look at 3 years from now and wonder why in the world I actually made it?? :blush So I will probably frog it and use it for my yoyo's if I need more yarn.

I agree with Julie....I wasn't very pleased with that scrapghan I just posted pics of, but I kept at it and it wasn't until I started adding a border that it came alive. I finished it, went into the bedroom and laid it flat on the bed, then left the room to get my camera. When I went back into the bedroom and saw it all spread out, I thought, "Wow, it actually looks great!".

Thanks, ladies. I've been looking at it and have decided that, if finished, it will just be blindingly ugly! LoL So maybe I will try to do white rows in between all of the brite colors, instead of just the sc's. Unless I do the sc's in the brites, and the rest white? That might be kinda cute. Anyway...I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am addicted to afghans now! I started a round ripple this morning and am about a quarter of the way finished. :eek I am using chunky yarn though, so maybe that is why it is going quicker? No idea. But I swear before I joined this board I had maybe 2 projects going, now the ideas don't stop. :lol:crocheting

LOL, Stacy,

I used to be real good about finishing one project before starting another until I joined c'ville. Now i have a comfortghan going, along w/ 8 other ghans (7 of which are scrappies),and have am working on a color scheme idea for yet another 1 from inherited scraps. (hmmm, did i just hear my hands do a small scream??:think:eek:think )

Sandy

'Ghans are looking good everyone! Stacy, I'm with you. Since starting this CAL I'm going through an afghan obsession. A few months ago I would have told you I probably would never make another afghan again and now I've got two scrapghans on the go and ideas for 2 or 3 others (I've been pretty good though, I'm not starting them...yet).

I've only got about 25 rows left of my scrap baby ripple. I love it and it is fun to work on. I'll post pics when it's done.

Okay ladies....my daughter thinks I'm nuts! But, I would like your opinion too! :D

I have a granny's daughter afghan that I finished in 2003. It has 937 motifs in it. Since then, I have continued making granny's daughters whenever I finish a skein of yarn. I have a little over 650 new motifs. I am actually considering taking apart the finished afghan, mixing up "all" of the motifs together, and making a new afghan that's big enough to lay across my king-size bed. I know....I could just add new strips to the existing afghan, but I want to mix in all the new colors I've got in the new motifs. What would you do? :think

oh my I would probably just leave the one how it is and just make a new one out of the ones you have. I need to go back and read a few posts to see what a grannys daughter is again. I am still searching all over for a free scrap ghan pattern that i want to make I am itching to start crocheting again. I dont want to do granny squares cuz i hate the thought of doing anything that requires me to sew it toether, but yet that is what ill end up doing a pattern for in the long run cuz i dont want anything laying on me at the moment cuz its to hot lol.

Archived