Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

I finally got picts of the granny daughter ghan I made for my mother, so hope you like them :)

full ghan

th_moms_gd002.jpg

a small section

th_moms_gd004.jpg"]th_moms_gd004.jpg[/url]

to show just how frugile i be, lol, that when i ran out of 1 color before I finished, i'd just change colors to get different looks :)

th_moms_gd011.jpg"]

th_moms_gd011.jpg[/url]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all. the pattern is from Old Timey Scrap Ghans and wasnt that difficult to join. hold two gd's together, and crochet (since it's copyrighted, I can't/won't post directions here, sorry) according to directions to next set, and on up. so only 2 ends per row to weave, but is 36 rows by 24 rows and that times 2. (about as difficult as the sc'ing motif rows together). Then there is the border.

As for ALL the gd's, lol. I have been making them since last year. I would stuff containers w/ them w/ ends unwoven. After filling up like 2 coffee tins, I'd get a wild hair and sit n' weave in ends. they also were a traveling task, to take to the office or when i'd have to wait somewhere.

The biggest problem was my furr puppy who kept plopping down n the middle while i was crocheting.

Sandy

:)Late joiner here. But I too need to use up my yarn stash really badly. I've started a fall colored scrap yarn ghan that I'm not sure how it will look, but at least it will keep you warm, lol. I'll have to get it posted in my blog soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sprtsbear, they look wonderful!! Great job. :cheer How did you do the second one? It looks like trebles to me. I like the open-ness of it.

I have decided that I am adding more squares to my scrapghan, so...I frogged the border and am working on squares to add. Hopefully it will be done for Christmas! :lol

Those are great, Sprtsbear! :clap

Now how did you get that Granny rectangle so 'straight'? Every time i try to do one large Granny square, it comes out wonky ( the squares start going askew).

Here is the scrapghan I'm working on now.

On the Granny Rectangle, I turn the work over every row. It seems to keep it straight.

Thanks!...very interesting...I would have never thought of that. Do you mean every ROUND or every ROW?

Archived