Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

WOW. Christina, Pauline, and Kelly all your afghans look great! I love them all. :cheer:clap:yay It does seem like scrapghans take longer to finish, esp. if you don't have the right color scraps to finish them. :blush My yarn finally came after 13 days (not 7-10), and the bag was ripped and inside another plastic bag. :angry But the yarn was okay. And there was a note of apology in there from the USPS..... I *just* finished it. :hook

th_001-43.jpg

Should be clickable. I haven't made a motif afghan (even though the word motif is in my username... :blush) in a looooong time. I did the join as you go method though that did make it a lot easier. It measures 33x45". Pretty good size for a baby afghan.

Tina

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does seem like scrapghans take longer to finish, esp. if you don't have the right color scraps to finish them. :blush My yarn finally came after 13 days (not 7-10), and the bag was ripped and inside another plastic bag. :angry But the yarn was okay. And there was a note of apology in there from the USPS..... I *just* finished it. :hook

th_001-43.jpg

Your afghan is pretty! I like motifs. I don't mind all the joining and I actually like weaving in ends. Must be my obsessive complusive side coming out. :lol

Kelly Don't know how I missed commenting on your afghan. The star looks great with all the colours.

Ok off to finish some more washing and floors so I can play with my crochet.

hi everyone!

i've seem some BEAUTIFUL scrapghans on this thread, so I'm going to be joining ya'll!

i'm going to make a baby sized one using the tons of baby colors varigated yarn that i have, and another one out of other yarns that i have in my stash, most of which are less than a skein.

i finished the 5 rnd granny as a xmas present, but it was down to the wire so I was unable to get a picture of it :( sorry guys/gals.

and I have started 2 more, sorta. I was the happy recipient of others scrap yarn. In 1 of the bags was a partial skein of paddy green that i fell in love w/ so I found MORE of it and matched it up w/ a partial skein from another donation that was in med purple color. so bought more of that color also. and have now been working on a hexagon afghan w/ the green/purple/ and added white to it.

So, its partly scrappy and partly not. I am HOPING to have it done by new yrs day :D:D

I had also received a skein each of coral and dark coral, so have been using them to make the center on a bonnet square (drk coral w/ coral tie; coral w/ drk coral tie and will be on a white square(?) i am thinking...though may change). so thats the other semi scrappy Im working on. :)

Sandy

Hi Athba, Haven't seen you around in a while. How is life as a new mum? Busy I imagine.

The Sunburst Granny is from Pricilla's crochet site.

http://www.priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html

If you scroll down to the Afghan squares link. It will download a pdf file with all the patterns for squares then you will see it in the list at the side of screen.

here are the latest 2 afghans I have been working on. (semi-scraps since at least started w/ scrap skeins that led me to buying more of same in order to finish. :D ) I still need to make this hexagon a bit larger for me to use like planned.

th_afghan1.jpg"]th_afghan1.jpg[/url]

th_afghan2.jpg"]th_afghan2.jpg[/url]

th_afghan3.jpg"]th_afghan3.jpg[/url]

th_afghan5.jpg"]th_afghan5.jpg[/url]

Here is the hat bases for the bonnet 'ghan. (ends are not woven yet) but shows the 2 colors being used, and I have the "ties" laid out to show how I intend to contrast them on the squares. :)

th_bonnets1.jpg"]th_bonnets1.jpg[/url]

th_bonnets3.jpg"]th_bonnets3.jpg[/url]

th_bonnets2.jpg"]th_bonnets2.jpg[/url]

Your afghan looks great, eyrthmother. :hook I like lavender and green. I wish I had done my bathroom in those colors (lt. sage green, though); instead of the colors I have in there.

Tina

pauline

thanks for the link

ohh you have no idea

beeing mother, house working, exams, looking after DH (he always want me to treat himas my little one to feel he`s loved :lol)

i`m in no time to crochet :eek

Thats odd. I just tried the link and it works for me. When you click on the link do you get the Pricilla's Homepage? If you do then scroll down to Afghan Squares link and click on it. You do need Acrobat Reader for this. They download as PDF files. Hope this helps

here are the latest 2 afghans I have been working on. (semi-scraps since at least started w/ scrap skeins that led me to buying more of same in order to finish. :D ) I still need to make this hexagon a bit larger for me to use like planned.

th_afghan1.jpg"]th_afghan1.jpg[/url]

th_afghan2.jpg"]th_afghan2.jpg[/url]

th_afghan3.jpg"]th_afghan3.jpg[/url]

th_afghan5.jpg"]th_afghan5.jpg[/url]

Here is the hat bases for the bonnet 'ghan. (ends are not woven yet) but shows the 2 colors being used, and I have the "ties" laid out to show how I intend to contrast them on the squares. :)

th_bonnets1.jpg"]th_bonnets1.jpg[/url]

th_bonnets3.jpg"]th_bonnets3.jpg[/url]

th_bonnets2.jpg"]th_bonnets2.jpg[/url]

Your hexagon afghans are beautiful. All those yo yos. Great colours.

Alright, I've started two more scrap ghans. I started what I'm calling my "ugly blankie" which is just various vintage RH rose colored yarns that my grandma gave me mixed in with some newer colors that are similar, I'm making panels and then going to join them. It will probably only end up being a lap ghan however.

And I started my sons brightly colored scrap ghan. This I guess was just stash yarn that I'm using up, not necessarily scraps, but I have 2 skeins of simply soft in lime light and 2 in turquoise, and I found 2 skeins of bernat softee chunky twists that are the same colors, so i'm doing that with one strand and holding 2 strands of the SS together in stripes.

Hi there, I have one ribbon and novelty yarn ghan that I'm doing. It seems I have all this ribbon yarn and I am so tired of it so am doing a scrappy ghan.

ribbonghan.jpg

I am using 2 strands, 1 black ribbon throughout plus a color ribbon or novelty strand. My dh has already taken possession of it and I will be grateful to get rid of all my ribbon and novelty yarn.

:lol It's driving me crazy too. I had to add black acrylic with it. I've frogged and frogged but I am determined. I hope today was my last frog?? It will be slow but now I'm at the point where I won't let it get the better of me.:eek I'm going to win this battle. :hook So now I'm using 1 black ribbon, 1 colorful ribbon and 1 black acrylic with it. It is only dc...how hard can that be???...I had to use a q hook for the chain and now dc with an N. Looks like it is coming along pretty good now. I am so tired of making scarves and hats out of this but everytime it is on sale...I keep buying it. Now its destashing time and I will go to wool instead :lol I've got 1/2 a foot....and its keeping its shape - looks like I'm spot on now.:clap

When you get the page about not selling, look on the lefthand side of the page and see if there is a tab that says 'ATTACHMENTS'; if so, click on it and it should bring up the actual patterns. Found that by trial and error.

Archived