Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

Sandy The pattern is from a book. Don't know of any online like these.

Here is my progress for today. I did some different ones. Hexagons this time.

3178662463_4753240e33_m.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I am nearly finished w/ the hexagon afghan from pg 27 (trying to decide to do another set of 3 rows of the purple and white?? or to finish up and do the last 2 border rows w/ purple and green?? decisions decisions)

I have also finished the bonnet ghan (also shown the beginning bonnets on page 27 post) in the 2 shades of coral. I used azure as the background (play on words, instead of my "bonny lies over the ocean" song, its "my bonnet lies over the ocean". ya, im silly ;d) w/ a sc border. 5 x 6 squares. I did add an extra row to ea. square to make them 9 inches rather than 8 inches. debating taking a linen or beigey color to do a border around w/ it to make look like a beach edgin.

Sandy

Lookin' good, ladies! I've started another one, well kind of, anyway. It is a variation of the snowflake afghan, but I am using my scraps for the snowflake part, and will use white for the joining and border. I think it will look nice once finished. :hook

Hi is it to late to join. Just found your scrap ghan along. Have just started one about 2 months ago. You have given me to motivation to keep going. Don't know where the pattern is from. I have just tried to copy from an old blanket from my grandmothers. Very old crocheted blanket. Will try to get pics.

Welcome hun,

The more the merrier. :) and we just keep going, start a ghan (or 20) and finish a ghan or more....start another 1 (or 20). lol. They can be addictive :D:D

Sandy

I've made two more snowflakes today. I'm done for now, because the yarn is killing my arm. I've been having arm/shoulder/neck pains for the past 3 or 4 months, I just went to have x-rays yesterday and will be meeting with an orthopedist soon. :eek My shoulder clicks sometimes, and I know that it is time to stop. It only get sore with certain yarns, though. :blush

I worked on my Sunburst Granny last night for the first time in week. Got 13 more centers done and am now doing the white rows around the outside. Hopefully have a picture later.

Sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see a pic of it.

I got 2 more hexes done last night. I'm thinking I will have to finish this with whatever Vanna's and Pound of Love I have lying around, as they are the only ww that does not make my entire shoulder sear with pain. :blush I cannot wait for my orthopedist appt!

I keep a large zip lock bag in my yarn bag and use small scraps to make granny square starts or add to them and small circles. I may join in if I can find them since the move here five months ago. Still have craft stuff not unpacked. I have been pulling it out as I use it. I was looking for a pattern for a poncho using yo-yo and connected with a lace like pattern. But may just do a scrap-gan Posted it in the patterns wanted area. Still learning the site though. Seem fun.

ok after my son and i organized the yarn closet. He asked fo an afghan. so Irolled my scraps and little balls into "magic Balls" or Scrap Balls. Each length is tied with a knot and i am making a round ripple for him. This is gonna be fun but since i hate afghans I need some support and cheerleading. So count me in. I have done 14 rows and the pattern is Aztec sun from 40 favorite ripple afghans. So here are the first 14 rows.

scrapghanforlucas1.jpg

ok after my son and i organized the yarn closet. He asked fo an afghan. so Irolled my scraps and little balls into "magic Balls" or Scrap Balls. Each length is tied with a knot and i am making a round ripple for him. This is gonna be fun but since i hate afghans I need some support and cheerleading. So count me in. I have done 14 rows and the pattern is Aztec sun from 40 favorite ripple afghans. So here are the first 14 rows.

scrapghanforlucas1.jpg

Chrissy that looks great! I love the colours.

Chrissy and Pauline- very nice!!

I haven't worked on my snowflake scrap for a while now, hubby asked if I would make a blanket for him, so I am making it checkerboard with two strands held together. Hopefully I can get back to the snowflake soon! I really think it will be nice once it is all finished.

• 3 months later...

well i finally finished my sons scrapghan....he loves it and even though it hits about 70 in his room nightly because he won't open a window or use a fan he uses it constantly...even the cats love it. it is the Aztec sun fro the favorite ripple afghans

post-9809-135897416281_thumb.jpg

well i finally finished my sons scrapghan....he loves it and even though it hits about 70 in his room nightly because he won't open a window or use a fan he uses it constantly...even the cats love it. it is the Aztec sun fro the favorite ripple afghans

That is beautiful. It turned out so well. Congrats on finishing it for him. :):cheer:cheer:clap:clap:yay:yay

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived