Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

Okay I think this gives a great idea of the potential this pattern has to be a scrapghan. I had no idea though that this would come out to be a nine-sided (whatever that is called) afghan. I somehow assumed it would be round.

DSC01470.jpg

might not be able to make it totally round- round ripples have points

and even if you increase in increments ( every other stitch- then every two stitches- then every three stitches etc),the bigger it gets the more pronounced the edges become

tho i have never gone that big with a" round "i usually square them off- somewhere about where yours started getting "corners"

but who cares anyway- i think it looks really cool like it is!!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Lots happening here. Your nono-ghan :lol looks great, Teresa--so many patterns work great as scrapghans. I like your squares and chapeau's Lynn. Nice scrap baby-ghan Brenda. I haven't been crocheting much lately, but as always everyone here keeps me motivated! Happy crocheting!

I saw some posts about being stuck with using free patterns, etc. so I thought I should tell everyone about my favorite place to buy books...secondhand shops!:c9 All but 3, maybe 4 of my needlework books (incl. patterns) have been purchased from The Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. I also do needlepoint and other embroidery, and I have created a mini-library of my own. And believe me...$1.00 for a hardback pattern/how-to book is a good deal!!! :yay

Trust me I look everytime I go to the goodwill or the well there isnt a salvation army anymore and craft type things go very fast. I was able to get that ticker tape yarn for 5 for a dollar one time and another kind not sure what it is. they rip all the labels off of it but i had seen it all at joanns for like 4 collars a skein. i picked tons of it up, have no clue what i will make from them but it was on sale and cheap rotfl. I never find patterns of any kind though. OH and i never complain about finding freebies anywhere lol. I hit as many garage sales as i can as well.

I really like the chapeaus one and am still hunting down the patttern I looked on ebay and then amazon but wasnt going to pay over 30.00 for a used book for ust one pattern.

actually there are a lot of nice afghans in the book and if you are into doilies you would be in heaven-

i have made three different ones so far and have markers on at least that many more all well written and so far no booboos

I saw some posts about being stuck with using free patterns, etc. so I thought I should tell everyone about my favorite place to buy books...secondhand shops!:c9 All but 3, maybe 4 of my needlework books (incl. patterns) have been purchased from The Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. I also do needlepoint and other embroidery, and I have created a mini-library of my own. And believe me...$1.00 for a hardback pattern/how-to book is a good deal!!! :yay

Thanks for the heads-up. I never thought to look at those places. I do check them out from the library, though. :)

I'm still working on my spiral nona-ghan :lol.

I've also started another scrapghan, making up my own pattern as I go. It's turning out to be doily-like in style. But I'm using worsted weight. No pics yet on that one.

:mdust

Oh, Tia, that doily-like one sounds neat. Can't wait to see some pics of it.

Andrea- your rr looks great! I love the colors.

I'm waiting for my hubby to bring my camera cord back home from work so I can post pics of my progress. I tried plugging my memory card into my printer but it keeps saying there is an error on the card. Gosh, I hope there's nothing wrong with it- I just took a bunch of pics from my youngest daughter's first birthday. I would hate to lose them!

Well, I started the snowflake afghan, now. LoL I crocheted so much yesterday (almost 25 motifs, but I'm using chunky yarn) that my arm feels like it's going to fall off. My hand is actually kind of numb, I'm wondering if I have carpel-tunnel or arthritis. :( That one is definitely not a scrapghan though, because I bought the yarn just for that project.

I've got 3 rows done on the yo-yo afghan. I keep trying to fool myself that Christmas is closer than it is,:lol but nothing seems to motivate me. (I'm even working on a back-up project0- not crocheted- for my mother just in case it doesn't get finished.) How bad is that? :blush I have so many yo-yo's done that I don't want to scrap it, but...well...maybe I'll just join all the motifs I have right now, and seeing the progress with motivate me to finish it! :cheer Ya, that's it. LoL

Consider it frogged. :(:eek Last night, I was looking at it, and I just could not picture myself finishing it, then having all of those ends to weave in. So I am going to do a slight variation of the Around the World afghan- I think squares will be much easier to join than all of those freakin' yo-yo's. :hook

Consider it frogged. :(:eek Last night, I was looking at it, and I just could not picture myself finishing it, then having all of those ends to weave in. So I am going to do a slight variation of the Around the World afghan- I think squares will be much easier to join than all of those freakin' yo-yo's. :hook

Just saw this...my Mom gave me some good advice; weave in the ends as you go (like, in increments, you know?) It's worked for me so far-I am halfway done with my zig-zag! Yea!:cheer

Just saw this...my Mom gave me some good advice; weave in the ends as you go (like, in increments, you know?) It's worked for me so far-I am halfway done with my zig-zag! Yea!:cheer

Thanks. I tried doing that, though, and I just could not picture myself finishing it. :blush I only had 3 rows done, out of about 35, and I felt like I would be there for eternity. But I am working on something else with the same yarn already, so hopefully that will turn out better. :D

Woohoo! Well, I've been working hard in all of my free time, so I can get most of this done before I start my swaps. And guess what? I've got some larger squares worked up (I haven't measured but I think they're around 8 in.) and I plan to join them tomorrow. (Since my daughter has the day off, I can sit around and crochet without worrying about carting her to and from school. :lol) Will post pics tomorrow.

Boy am I confused? :think I guess there are two Scrapghan Along Cals :lol.

I posted a pic of my finished spiral scrapghan in that other cal by mistake.

Here it is for ya'll:

Picture.jpg

It is 5 ft. in diameter.

Archived