Scrap-ghan-Along, anyone?

_Stacy_

Thanks Sprtsbear! Mine seems to be going okay, but it's still too early to tell (I had to restart it. :P )

And yes, Gina....I am surprised by some of the combinations I come up with sometimes. :lol

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's afghans look so nice! I love scrapghans, that's all I seem to have anyway. :yarn:yes I have two scrapghans in the making right now one is almost done; one is about halfway done. Is there room for one more CAL'er? :hook

Tina

WOO HOO!!

I almost have my 8 row granny square ghan done. I have been using a join as you go method w/ it. This wknd I started adding the 8th row in black for the joining (they are 7 rows of solid colors w/ the black row). So far, my dog seems to LOVE it (he's laying on the bundle as I type, lol).

It may be next wk before I can get pictures to post though.

Sandy

I lucked out and was able to get a few picts of the unfinished granny squares ghan today to post. This 1 is going to be mine since I was using it as a way to learn a join as you go method. bless the person who came up w/ that way over whip-stitching. so easy and fast.

"]th_unfin5.jpg

"]th_unfin4.jpg

"]th_unfin3.jpg

"]th_unfin2.jpg

th_unfin1.jpg

Sandy your afghan looks great so far. I love the join as you go method, too. It really does make a difference. I'm doing that with the baby scrap ghan I am working on. Here is a picture of it so far (I actually have one more row on since I took this picture, so it is almost halfway done...) Some of the colors I put next to each other don't seem like they would go at all, but when it's put together it does look okay.

th_001-32.jpg

Should be clickable. I'll have to see if I have a recent picture of the big granny ghan I am working on, too.

(Found one.... I am actually a LOT farther along on this one, now. I'ts almost done.)

th_001-12.jpg

Tina

Your afghans look great, ladies! :clap

Sandy, are you going to do a border around yours once finished? If so, will it be just sc's or something fancier?

I am asking because mine looks a bit like yours except that I am using the flat-braid joining method. I don't want to do another border because I think the last one didn't look right (which was the reason I pulled it out) but I also think it looks unfinished without it. :think

Tina, very pretty ghans. love the colors in the large granny.

Stacy, Thank you. Yes I am planning to do a border. Nothing fancy though. What I am thinking of doing is taking the black yarn and extend the granny pattern edge. I am slowly trying to learn the different ways to join other than whip stitching. The 1st was sc'ing together in rows, this is the 2nd, and I am leaning towards sl st'ing on back loops next since i think i read its more invisible than the sc'ing. (i am NOT a fan of whip stitching....too slow) :)

Sandy

I finished the big 'granny' ghan (it is technically not a real granny even though it looks like it...) last night! :clap It is called 'Eye Dazzler Afghan', it is from an Annie's Attic Scrap Crochet Club I used to be in.

th_001-34.jpg

The diamond in the middle:

th_002-20.jpg

The rest of the colors, to the corner:

th_003-9.jpg

I started this afghan in about Feb of '06. It took me a long time... but, it's done! :hook (All pictures should be clickable).

Tina

Well you do the diamond section, then you do each corner. So yes. But you just crochet it as you go, there isn't any joining. (Except the gazillion ends you have to weave in).

Thank you everyone.

Tina

very very pretty

awsome job, question: is it done in 4 sections? and then joined together?

Sandy

I put my nose to the grindstone, today; and finished all the squares for this afghan. Now all I have to do is crochet it all together and edge it. :hook

th_006-5.jpg

Should be clickable.

Tina

Thanks, Sandy. :) I drove an hour today to go to Michaels to get some more yarn to finish this, and they didn't have the kind I need. :angry So then I went to the WalMart there. Nope. Went to another WalMart, nope.... Arggghhh!!! I had to order it online. I hate having to pay for shipping esp for just one skein of yarn. :rolleyes

Tina

Thanks, Sandy. :) I drove an hour today to go to Michaels to get some more yarn to finish this, and they didn't have the kind I need. :angry So then I went to the WalMart there. Nope. Went to another WalMart, nope.... Arggghhh!!! I had to order it online. I hate having to pay for shipping esp for just one skein of yarn. :rolleyes

Tina

I'm so sorry that you had such difficulty w/ finding the yarn to finish. The postage for 1 skein, along w/ the having to WAIT for it to get ther to finish can be a pain in the back end. Hope it gets to you soon. :)

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Tina your afghan is beautiful! I have this pattern in my next to do pile. Just as soon as I have finished the ones I'm working one.

Here are a couple of photos of the ones I have been working on:

Sunburst Granny squares

Remember Dad

I have a couple of others in my must finish pile but I'm working on these at the moment.

I might as well jump in here. Wil all my holiday gifts complete I decided to start a new project, I thought the "Brain Dead" afghan would be perfect and I am using scraps to make it. Funny thing when Hubby heard the name of the ghan, he said "that is not very nice to say about the person who is making the ghan" He thinks it would be better called a "trash-ghan" because it is being made of scraps that may have been tossed out. He's so funny! (Oh and he really likes the way it is coming along, he did not mean anything hurtful when he called it a Trash-ghan, I thought it was cute!)

Archived