2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished a skein on my shawl, but had to buy one for Bradie's afghan, so I broke at +5 so far for the week. At least I'm still in the positives for once this year.

I used up a skein today making several Soften the World rectangles. I am done to one skein of SS left and I can't make anymore, can't buy yarn.

:(

plus 2 morew

WTD 19 getting close to eing out of the negatives YTD, should happen tomorrow when I finish the last skein.

Well I hoped for more points today but will only end up using the one ball for +1 more point. At least I've not bought any more yarn and am plugging away at it. :)

I have been working on my Babette blanket and making small squares and the skeins are not seemiong to get any smaller... I did bust one skein finally! But bought three more skeins to make myself a Valentine's Day shawl :D Giving me a total so far of -4. I plan to get more crocheting done this afternoon and tomorrow so I will post an update tomorrow.

I've been working but haven't finished any skiens up yet....

And I realized last night as I'm working with some of the yarn I got tuesday, which I'm making a giant granny with for a wedding gift in june, that the bride's sister is also getting married two weeks before her.....can't give one to one sister and not the other...... so I'm off to get some more yarn after work, gotta take advantage of Michael's sale while I can! Oh well :shrug what are you gonna do! hehe :D

Yea:cheer:cheer:cheerI finsihed another skein and now I will be even for the YTD. I plan on working some more before posting time tomorrow as my DH and DSD are out of town until Sundayand I have the house to myself. Of course it would be a perfect time to clean out some things but I would rather crochet:lol:lol +2 for today.

WTD 21

I went to Hobby Lobby to buy a bamboo handle hook today. They were sold out of the size I need. I was leaving and then it happened. Yep, the voices. I heard them calling my name. Well, you know what happened. I had to go and see where they were coming from. It was the clearance aisle and the end cap next to it with ILTY on it. Next thing I knew, there were 6 skeins of yarn in my cart. 4 clearance yarns and 2 ILTY. So I went the opposite direction with my numbers. I'm back in the negative at -1. But on the bright side, I will be finishing a scarf later along with another skein or 2 on the 2 strander.

Well I went to my LYS w/a friend yesterday (to help her shop! ROTFLOL) ... there were 2 balls of some gorgeous sock yarn I wanted, so I grabbed one and my friend grabbed the other ... then you KNOW we had to drool, fondle and enjoy all the eye candy there. Lo and behold I fould the EXACT yarn I needed for a scarf I've been wanting to make for ages! I feel in love the with stitch pattern but hadn't been able to find the right yarn. So I walked out with 2 balls of that too. So I'm -6 for the week, but I used a ball of Homespun on a comfort shawl I'm making for a friend which gave me +2 so I'm -4 for the week. :)

I managed to use up a skein of RHSS making WUA rectangles to take with me to Minneapolis (+2). That brings me to a WTD of -13. Will be working on my messenger bag this evening using double strands so I hope to be able to make some more progress before tomorrow evening, although I doubt I can get back into the positive for the week at this point.

Sara

UGHH :yell I just counted the stash my dmil gave me --- I'm almost afraid to type it,,, but here goes...39 balls and 4 skeins(times 2) gives me a grand total of MINUS 47 YIKES. and to top it off, I had to BUY another skein at ACM for my throw. Oh well, -49 Many of the balls are small and should be easy to get rid of once I get started on something -- yes isnt that the operative word "something" LOL :lol:lol

no luck getting rid of any yarn this week. havent finished the fuzzy teddy bear yet. its a nightmare. and......i bought some orange S&C yarn for the calendar afghan, and a ball of crochet thread for a dress pattern that I cant find now. bad bad week. and to make it extra special, i've got the flu.

-4 for this week.

Well I finally have a significant change to make to my score...

that would be the

from today's shopping trip.

The good news is it could be worse and it may be tomorrow if I have to go back to the store as I need more of the yummy grey yarn to :knit a man's hat and long, wide scarf.

I still find it funny that I get a minus 2 for my 1000g skein and for my 50g skein. love those numbers. :rofl

Bought yarn for two sweaters today (-22) and have barely finished any skeins or balls, depite working on my 3 color comfortghan.

Looks like I'm in the negatives for the week and year now. *sigh*

Archived