2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Russian Join is about the coolest thing ever. Not sure how well it would work with the graphs I use, but it would be awesome for other projects. Thanks! No stash busting for me. I was working really slow last night and not sure I'll have the motivation for it tonight.

i finished another ball on my scarf today so woohoo another +1 I'm doing the last section then off to cut some fringe I might end up using another 2 balls worth before this scarf is totally done...Then there is the matching hat and gloves lol but for those I know I will have to buy more yarn..the never ending cycle

I just realized that I added some yarn through a gift but I would like others to decide if this is a skein or not. Here is the new skein (one of 5) that a friend :? gave me. It is beside what I would call a real skein.

yarnadd1.jpg

and to show you how little is on this skein I am showing you the hat that finishes one of these skeins. It is for my preemie hats collection/

yarnadd2.jpg

I am thinking that this is only worth 1 point both adding and taking away. it doesn't matter much I guess, even thought I am stuck with this green skein (don't believe the pretty picture) and another 'gold' skein that both look like they came in a baby's diaper :eek rather than belonging on a dear baby's head.

What do y'all think is this a one or a two?

I'll fix my siggy after I get some feedback.

I just realized that I added some yarn through a gift but I would like others to decide if this is a skein or not. Here is the new skein (one of 5) that a friend :? gave me. It is beside what I would call a real skein.

yarnadd1.jpg

and to show you how little is on this skein I am showing you the hat that finishes one of these skeins. It is for my preemie hats collection/

yarnadd2.jpg

I am thinking that this is only worth 1 point both adding and taking away. it doesn't matter much I guess, even thought I am stuck with this green skein (don't believe the pretty picture) and another 'gold' skein that both look like they came in a baby's diaper :eek rather than belonging on a dear baby's head.

What do y'all think is this a one or a two?

I'll fix my siggy after I get some feedback.

As long as you count them the same each way, it really doesn't matter. I count my small 3.5 oz skeins as 2 points. So it's really up to you and what you will remember better.

Thanks so much for setting this Stashbusting CAL up. I may not get many points, but I'm sticking to projects I would otherwise ignore, thanks to the incentive from this CAL. I finished my first scrapghan! It actually turned out a lot better than I expected, and my son is thrilled. I finished two balls of very old yarn to complete the ghan.

So for this week, I'm WTD +2.

I used up another skein last night making WUA rectangles and then rolled a small amount of floppy cotton into a ball. That makes +3 for me this week so far! Hope to add to it tonight! Have something brewing around in my head that I want to try and have some stash yarn that just might work, but I don't know if I am ready to try it yet....may just do it anyway to up my stashbusting score!

Sara

I picked up more yarn than I contributed in a swap on Saturday :( i forgot to update my total Saturday night, so I added (err.. subtracted the points for this week). Sorry if I would have had the lowest score with -7! Though I might be gifting a couple of skeins to a friend who is talking about learning with me - spreading the addiction!

Ummmmmm What is a wonder ball:think

To make a wonder ball, you don't think about color combos, just take any pieces a yard or more and tie them together and wind into a ball. When the ball is big enough, start crocheting a giant granny square (or work in rows) and you get an ugly-ghan. If you make a long strip you get a funky scarf that goes with anything. It's called a wonder ball because you wonder what color comes next and what the project will look like (LOL).

Ellie 13

I used 2 skeins and turned 1 into a ball (+5). I gave a friend a skein (+2). I'm doing well this week, but I might have to buy some more black. I really hope what I have will be enough. I've gotten my stash from 5 tubs + a trash bag down to 2 large tubs + 1 small tub (they'll explode if opened- LOL), plus the 6 skeins/partials I'm using for the afghan.

My score +7

i started knitting my daughter a quick scarf from some baby yarn I had laying around so hopefully I will get that skein done within this week. I will probaby finish 2 other skeins cutting fringe for my scarf and I still have a matching hat to start. Wow this will be a busy week

Can you believe I actually threw away a skein of Aunt Lydia's rug yarn last night? :eek I never thought I would ever do that. I went to roll it up and as soon as I took the wrapper off and unfolded it, some sort of awful smell was coming off of it.:yuck This skein plus several others were gifted to me years ago. Guess this is my punishment for holding on to it for so long.

Archived