Would like some input

I am getting ready to self publish another doily book. I have my designs selected. Did a photo shoot. So I want to start putting it together.

What I need input on is the Name of the Book.

These are what I have so far. But I am open to suggestions.

So let me know what one you think is best or give me one you think would be good.

Doily Jamboree

Festival Of Doily Designs

A Pagent of Doilies

Cavalcade of Doilies

Cavalcade of Doily Designs

Doilies on Parade

A Passion for Doilies

DH suggested this one.

Doilies Galore

If this helps the first one I did is A Celebration of Doilies

Since you started the other one with the words "A Celebration..."

I would suggest "A Cavalcade of Doilies ".

I am suggesting this because you are beginning to develop your name as a designer and publisher. This continuity will help to identify your "brand". I would suggest that you follow the same concept for your next :yay collection and then you can branch out to other naming concepts.

The opinions expressed here represent the views of the poster only and do not necessarily reflect the views of the management of this station nor of good taste. :wlol

Seriously Kathy. I think you are amazing. not only do you have the skill and the talent to create these wonderful designs but you have the courage to publish and market them as well. :hug

I agree with Maddi with the addition of the word volume added to the title instead of just the number -- A Celebration of Doilies, Volume 2.

I like the idea of Volume 2 also. That way if there are people (like me) that didn't know you did a first book, and it was still available, you would make more sales :D

I edited my post to add that your doilies are absolutely amazing!!! I would love to have your first book also if it is still available. I really enjoy making doilies, but yours, well they are works of art!

I never even thought about Volume 2 Might be a good idea though. Seems to be the popular title here.

How about Delightful Doilies? By the way is your first book still available for purchase and if so where? I have never made doilies, but after seeing your designs I definitely want to.
Yes the 1st on is still available at either my website or in my Etsy shop. Links are in my signature.

I like Volume 2 because of what has been said by Maddi .... people will look for volume 1 if they're first attracted to the new volume. Maybe you could even run a special sale, offering both at a slightly discounted price.

You need to hire Maddi as your advertising manager!

I have to say I am with Darski on this Cavalcade of Doilies why? because I like Darskis idea of a theame, and yes, you ARE going to be publishing more books, and you can only go one, vole one, two three, for so long.....although at first I thought it WAS a good idea, my second thought was to make your theame and be unique.

I like A Celebration of Doilies, Vol. II, as well as Darski's suggestion of "Cavalcade of Doilies." I also like:

IN Celebration of Doilies (a bit different from A Celebration of Doilies)

Parade of Doilies

Festival of Doilies

In Praise of Doilies

A Harvest of Doilies

Everyone has come up with great ideas here! I know whatever you choose, the book will be a hit! Your work is amazing!

Elle

Okay I found the the first book on Kathy's site, which I intend to buy and I still like the Volume 2 idea and here is why. There 6 doilies in the first book. If there are 6 in the second, then you have a year's worth of projects (doing one a month). I would only do volume's 1 and 2, and then when another book was ready it would have a different name, then perhaps volume's 1 and 2 of that book.

If you get too many volumes, and a person wants to collect all of them, having too many just causes confusion if a person happens to miss one.

I also like the idea of offering a slight discount on both volumes ( when purchased at the same time) after the second one comes out. I think that would really boost your sales. You could do that with all future book series. Me I couldn't wait for the second volume because of the discount, I would have to go ahead and pay full price.:D

I like the idea of doing themed sets also like Christmas Doiles volumes 1 and 2 and then each doilie can have a separate name in the book that reflects the color scheme or something.

Maybe a series of just table runners, or a series of square doilies. The possibilities are endless. So how fast can you create :hook

I like a "Pagent (or is it Pageant?) of Doilies," and I think it follows the theme. Parade and Cavalcade would work, too, and well, whatever name you don't use this time you can save for the next one. :hook

Another thought that crossed my mind, not quite "volume 2," but "A Further Celebration of Doilies."

I know I'm crossing my fingers about a couple of patterns I hope you include.

~Karen

I personally like "A Passion for Doilies" or the "Delightful Doilies" that someone else suggested. I've never been one to do volumes, especially on collecting them. That's just my personal input. Good luck!! :)

For a second book, I'd agree, a Vol 2 would be the best choice IMO. "Pageant of Doilies" would be a good title for the THIRD book, as it continues the theme without getting into too many volumes.

Kathy, if you choose a different title from "Celebration" you could put a smaller line underneath saying, "Second in a Series", or some such to alert the crocheter that you have more of these books. "Volume 2" is helpful, but there are other ways to get that across, too.

Instead of "Volume 1", perhaps "Book 1" and "Book 2"...

It's quite similar to "A Year of Afghans" Book 1, 2, 3, etc. I disagree that you can only have "so many" volumes. With my "Year of Afghans" books, when I saw Book4, I immediately went searching for books 1 through 3. It's something about collecting them all that the Volume/Book name does to us!

Then, if your first book was ever re-published/printed, then you could add "Book 1" to its title.

I totally vote for "Volume Two" or "Book Two", especially since your first title was so good.

Archived