Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

I went to bed last night thinking I was caught up on reading... wake up this morning to 4 pages of posts to read.. just on THIS thread. Wowie!:eek:hook

Shelly/Super Granny: What pattern are you using. I have yet to find a shrug in a 2x. So I'd love to know where you found it. :clap

Work on my half granny shaw will start as soon as I find it! :oops I re-organized my yarn corner and for some reason I can't find it. :think

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeria, that blanket looks great.

Athba, sound like you have a good plan for your RR. I made mine about that size and it was perfect for covering up at night.

Wendy that's an excellent choice. I think I just added another project to my WIM. :lol

Wendy

Great choice for your brites --that oughta make a stunning afghan !

I saved the pattern to my ever-expanding list of WIM's!:eek

As an aside: Our friend took her husband home...it looks like it's a short time left. The Catholic deacon who visited them left them both with prayer shawls, so I'm going to whip one up and send him one back for their stash...the comfortghan that's close to done will be there when she needs it most. I'm not the one in charge of timing...

Good Morning.

I will be heading upstairs this a.m. to dig through some yarn & patterns. I'll let ya'll know what I come up with.

I have started so many ghans for me with my partner in crime & haven't finished many of them, I sure hope this one is different.:D Maybe i'll go with something uncomplicated. :think

Hey, Tabby - it doesn;t have to be a new project if you want to be good:devil

Yeah, but they all becae UFO's for a reason. I doubt i'll ever finish any of them. :lol I really only have 2 or 3 I haven't finished. Not too bad, right? (yes, i'm reaching but so what) :P

I want to be in on this, too. I have a few ideas of what I want to make for myself.

1. A 3-SUB (helped mom to start hers this morning)

2. Casablanca (in greens and yellow) but will still have to get the yarn for this one

3. Can't remember what the other was :eek

Have to finish a few other things, so will give me time to think about which one I want to do.

Wendy, those hexagons look interesting too.

Megan

I got the pattern from a little bonus book I bought at Walmart ... Bernat "Stripe it Right" Super stripes. it has # 542014 0n the top ....

There are only 4 patterns in the book 2 knit and 2 crochet..if you want I can check when I go to walmart again... it was in the clearence rack for 50 cents.

Megan

I got the pattern from a little bonus book I bought at Walmart ... Bernat "Stripe it Right" Super stripes. it has # 542014 0n the top ....

There are only 4 patterns in the book 2 knit and 2 crochet..if you want I can check when I go to walmart again... it was in the clearence rack for 50 cents.

Oh that would be great, if you don't mind. I looked it up online and that would be perfect! If you get one, let me know and I'll PM you with my address and paypal you for it.

:hug

I,m in, I rarely make anything for myself. I already have an afghan pattern picked out ,and some of the yarn. What a shame, I have to go buy some yarn!!!!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Welcome, Denise, Tracy and Debbie! The more the merrier!

Let us know what you finally decide on and the colors - we're nosy:blush

Kim, I saved that shrug pattern. It's a great choice. I don;t like the tight ones either because I don;t like it when my chest precedes me into a room:lol :lol

I want to join! I'm working on a shrug made with that bamboo from bernat and I want to also get that messenger bag made for myself, I have the yarn for it just waiting to get around to it.

:hug Afternoon everyone, WOW a lot of posts to read. Everyone choice of patterns are beautiful and I save most of them in my to crochet folder. Got to run grabbing some crochet for me time. :hook

yea! more people to make the messenger bag with! I have everything but the lining material. I'm not in a hurry to get that, I would rather wait and find just the right stuff. My list of projects for this CAL just keep growing after looking at everybody elses ideas. I'm thinking more and more about making myself an afghan, maybe a 3sub as I have alot of stash I could use up.

Afternoon Ladies,

While waiting for my posting priviledges, I spent alot of time reading your old CALs. I wanted to do the 35 Granny Square...couldn't find the pattern and the Scripture Afghan. I found it in the "LeisureArtsLibrary.Com." I've decided to do this as my "ME" project since you guys have already done it. This will be my first project for myself. I am using HL's "I Love this Yarn" in Medium Blue, Soft Blue, Dark Raspberry all of which I have. I hope to find my 4th color in Light Raspberry. My HL store was running low. This yarn goes so fast because it is so soft. I have already made "2" of Square 1 and started on square 2.

I'll be doing the Candy Apple Shrug with Red Heart Super Saver in Fiesta Jewel. This is a Lion Brand pattern. This is a substantial shrug with full length sleeves, and wraps all the way around the body. I want to adapt it to come up one arm, across the back, and down the other arm, then add a separate button-on piece for the front.

Shelly and Megan ~ you might want to consider this shrug if you are looking for something warm, and one you can easily adapt for sizing. This one can be made as large as you'd like. I'm 5'10" and not a shrinking violet myself.

Joyce

Archived