Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy,

I'm in. I want to finish my Blue Star afghan. Not sure when I'll actually get to it, but maybe seeing all you girls get selfish might make me want to stand up for myself someday! :lol

Good luck on the Blue Star...:P

I gave up on that! Not stubborn enough, I guess:lol

Wow! What a response!

Welcome, Athba, Bonnie, Stephanie, Carol (again:) ), Jeannie, Megan (congrats!), and Cara.

I don't think I missed anyone...

This will be fun. Since I bent the original idea (in my usual eclectic style)to include ANYTHING you're making for YOU, the pictures you gals post should be really interesting. There's such a variety going on here - it's great!

:ty Loopy1 and Judianne for the warm welcome.

I have decided on a scrap afghan, but no squares this time. I am doing one I found on Celt's Vintage Crochet that is from The American Thread Company Star Afghan Book No. 154. It is called Sunbeam afghan, but I am not using sunbeam colors. And I am not attaching tassels that turn into tangles when you wash it. :lol I am starting with sky blue, black and a deep lavender. As it is a scrapghan I will be adding additional colors, but haven't decided which yet.

I am waiting on a shipment of yarn from :ebay, so I have to see what I like from that. BTW Celt's has the copyright on this pattern.

Okay just woke from a nap. No. I was not frittering away a Friday afternon. I was doing research for this CAL :D

I used Big Daddy's (that's my DH for those who don't know me yet :)) Navajo blanket for this bit of research and have discovered that it will be the perfect stitch for this blanket :yes

Now I just need to decide a color combo. I believe this will require going clothes shopping for my research. Or perhaps furniture. :yes

Hey, Tabby! Good to see ya....

Cara...FURNITURE shopping:eek ...uh-oh.

I'll tell Big Daddy I had nothing to do with it...denial works:lol

That's pretty, Judy. I want something a little calmer...more classic because I'm going to do it in real wool that I've been saving up just for me. I 'think' I have navy and natural but not sure, might have 3 colors. I'll have to look in the bin on the back porch and I'm too lazy and it's too cold to bother at the moment.

Judy - I'll tell him but he might not believe it :rofl Ooooh I got that pattern on a tear off just recently! I really like it :yes Was think of doing it but in darks for my nephew. But then he ticked me off so I'll worked on mine instead :hook

Kathy - you are a calm person, so I;m not surprised you'll be picking calm colors. I've been working on subdued colors for a while so I need a shot of color! Then my purples await...:D

**BTW: I have to take FIL to a doctor;s appointment, so I won;t see you at Tuesday's WW's meeting. I'll make Wednesday's probably.

I'm in. I have to think more on what I want to make for myself. I have to finish the 3SUB then start a Navajo blanket. I might try to finish diagonal texture blanket and keep it for myself. :scrachin

It will be a while until I can do this Cal, as I don't have any money to buy more yarns. I will keep ya'll posted.

I'm in. I have to think more on what I want to make for myself. I have to finish the 3SUB then start a Navajo blanket. I might try to finish diagonal texture blanket and keep it for myself. :scrachin

It will be a while until I can do this Cal, as I don't have any money to buy more yarns. I will keep ya'll posted.

We'll be here, Diane:manyheart

O.K.m I'm back..I found my pattern and thought I would drop in to let you all know exactly what I would be working on. Its the crocheter's messenger bag by crochetkim...like the one that was raffled off. I'm using bernet soft bucle in red and black. Found it on sale at walmart a couple of weeks ago. Nice to see all the people in here. Its going to be a full house when we all get started. :) That will make it fun to see all the pictures.

O.K.m I'm back..I found my pattern and thought I would drop in to let you all know exactly what I would be working on. Its the crocheter's messenger bag by crochetkim...like the one that was raffled off. I'm using bernet soft bucle in red and black. Found it on sale at walmart a couple of weeks ago. Nice to see all the people in here. Its going to be a full house when we all get started. :) That will make it fun to see all the pictures.

Hmmmm, also a fabulous pattern :yes Might have to make me two things :lol

Judy I like the pattern you have chosen and those colors are going to look great.

I was thinking about doing the Corner to Corner Afghan but I think its done in box stitch and I have just done a baby blanket in that stitch. I will keep looking.

I might join this one... I started a comfortghan for myself this summer..using the Willow square from Jan Eaton's 200 Crocheted blocks and Caron SS in Country Peach, Copper Kettle, Chocolate Brown, Off White and (maybe) Blue.

Here's what I came up with so far:

th_MVC-013S.jpg

th_MVC-011S.jpg

And some other squares from Jan's book.. same color scheme.

th_MVC-012S.jpg

What my problem is now is figuring out how I want to put them together.

Welcome, Valerie!

Brenda, that messenger bag is also a WIM for me...not yet, though!

Lisa, from assembling comfortghans I know how hard it is to figure out how to assemble different-looking and too-similar squares! I tried to work some similar-looking squares on the diagonal so they would look planned:D ...other times, I would have no clue, and just tried to vary the look.

I hope you can figure it out! It's like a crossword puzzle:P

Wow! What a response!

Welcome, Athba, Bonnie, Stephanie, Carol (again:) ), Jeannie, Megan (congrats!), and Cara.

I don't think I missed anyone...

Do you have me on the list Judy? I think I am leaning towards doing a 3SUB (except planned so it has no chance of being ugly :lol )

I really really don't need to join in this CAL, but I want to, so I'm gonna :lol:lol

I have been wanting to make myself a RR for a long time now, but have never gotten around to it. I don't know when I will be starting (I have a lot of things to get made for other people first), or what yarn I am going to use. I have a few color schemes in mind, but have to make up my mind. Who knows, I may end up making 2 :eek

So count me in :D

Mel, I have a RR on the ME WIM list. I want it for the holiday season. I have the colors planned out but I only have one color so far. Mine is going to be Holly and Ivy, the green to match and the red to match. But I won't let myself start that till I get this 63 squares done. :yes

I want to play too... I found a pattern yesterday for a shrug that goes all the way up to 5 X.. I only need a 2X but it's hard to find patterns to fit me... I got some dark Plum at the dollar store and I'm using that... usually my upper back gets cool while I'm sitting in my chair crocheting and a full sweater is too much... shawls irritate me when I'm trying to crochet...

Archived