Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

AtHBa, what special holidays do you celebrate? Are there other gift giving occasions in your culture? I love learning about different cultures and customs. Tim's primary nurse is from India, and she showed me the pictures of her daughter's traditional wedding. The sari's were stunning, and Suda looked so different in her sari than she does in her scrubs.

Judi, I forgot, I need to make myself some socks first, then I'll work on the me-ghan.

Kim, I love that shrug, when I lose a bit more weight I'll be able to fit the med/lg. and not have to modify the pattern.

Oh, and Judy, I have the same problem, but my gut enters first, then my chest. Soon, hopefully I won't have that problem.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boo Hoo :cry, the pattern I wanted to do is driving me nuts :confused. I did the first stripe with no hitch, but when I attempted the second stripe it didn't work, I spent all last night and part of this morning trying to make this thing go together, but nothing looked like the picture said it should. After numerous attempts and many rip outs (frogs :frog all over the place, what a mess) I have called it quits. I am changing my afghan pattern to one in the American School of Needlework 1998 book number 1272 "The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans" It is Southwest Passage. Of course not using same colors of pic, and doing 2 to 3 rows of each color, instead of 1. It will give me a similar look as my original choice. (which has now been shredded and filed in my "round file", lol). I am now going to go have a cup of :tea. When I calm down I will start the new one, hopefully stress free.

Boo Hoo :cry, the pattern I wanted to do is driving me nuts :confused. I did the first stripe with no hitch, but when I attempted the second stripe it didn't work, I spent all last night and part of this morning trying to make this thing go together, but nothing looked like the picture said it should. After numerous attempts and many rip outs (frogs :frog all over the place, what a mess) I have called it quits. I am changing my afghan pattern to one in the American School of Needlework 1998 book number 1272 "The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans" It is Southwest Passage. Of course not using same colors of pic, and doing 2 to 3 rows of each color, instead of 1. It will give me a similar look as my original choice. (which has now been shredded and filed in my "round file", lol). I am now going to go have a cup of :tea. When I calm down I will start the new one, hopefully stress free.

I'm so sorry to hear that your first choice didn't work out for you. I hate it when that happens.

I have the book that you will be using for your ghan. I have that pattern on my 'to do' list. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

I'll be doing the Candy Apple Shrug with Red Heart Super Saver in Fiesta Jewel. This is a Lion Brand pattern. This is a substantial shrug with full length sleeves, and wraps all the way around the body. I want to adapt it to come up one arm, across the back, and down the other arm, then add a separate button-on piece for the front.

Shelly and Megan ~ you might want to consider this shrug if you are looking for something warm, and one you can easily adapt for sizing. This one can be made as large as you'd like. I'm 5'10" and not a shrinking violet myself.

Joyce

I really like that pattern. I think I would want to change it abit like you are. However I don't think I'd bother with buttons and such, maybe just find a way to have it be a slip over. Who knows, I have several ideas going thru my head... I may mix and match!

Judi, I forgot, I need to make myself some socks first, then I'll work on the me-ghan.

Oh, and Judy, I have the same problem, but my gut enters first, then my chest. Soon, hopefully I won't have that problem.

Sock first, for sure!

And my gut went first for a while too - which is what got me back to WW.

You're doing great, my friend!! It's a marathon, not a sprint! Told ya I won;t be there Tuesday...FIL appointment....

We have a busy group here - that terrific!!

Valerie and Heather, welcome!

Carol (?) ...senior moments these days...I think that's your name. Good luck on your second choice - if it's not fun then don't do it. You could even try and make up your own pattern...Play with it!

I'm so sorry to hear that your first choice didn't work out for you. I hate it when that happens.

I have the book that you will be using for your ghan. I have that pattern on my 'to do' list. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Good luck on your second choice - if it's not fun then don't do it. You could even try and make up your own pattern...Play with it!

I have already done 2 rows on the new one and it looks exactly like one stripe of the old one, but it lays flatter on the points. Much happier with this one. :jumpyay

Frogs legs anyone?

I,m in, I rarely make anything for myself. I already have an afghan pattern picked out ,and some of the yarn. What a shame, I have to go buy some yarn!!!!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Oh that is just terrible, :D I wonder if I will have enough scraps to finish mine, hmmmm...

I have already done 2 rows on the new one and it looks exactly like one stripe of the old one, but it lays flatter on the points. Much happier with this one. :jumpyay

Frogs legs anyone?

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I've been playing with the frog all evening. So I guess it's time to put away the scarf and do something else.

Judy, I know you'd rather be at the WW meeting than dealing with dear fil, I'll say a prayer for you.

kathy

i don`t know if you know this information but we have another callender and another date we use it`s in our religon since our prphet travelled from his city to another

our year in this callender is 1428 and this is the 10 month of it

it is a cuincidense to be with the tenth month of your calender

the months starts with the moon i don`t know how to explain it but this is the way

the 9th month is for fasting from sunrise to sun set at sun set we start to eat and we do our traditional dishes and this is so warm and nice we can eat until the sun rise time then we stop

this month is for fasting , praying, reading the holly book and do good stuff

of caurse we do those things dailly exept fasting

those who are very sick , at period time, just gave birth , and some special situations doesn`t fast and can pay the depth of not fasting after the holly month

after this month at the first 3 days of the 10th month we celebrate that the holly month is done and they are days of celebration because they are a reward from god for our pationce in this month and these days called (eid)

we have anothe (eid) at the 12th month of our callender which starts at the 10th of it and for 3 days too and this eid has its occassion because the prophet Ibraham received a sheep to kill from god instead of killing his son which it was an order from god to test him

in this eid we kill any kind of these animals (sheeps or cows) and devide the meat then give it to relatives

i wish you liked todays lesson :)

q8

We have that story in our bible(holy book) also except we pronounce it Abraham and god gave him a ram so he would not have to sacrifice his son... It is in our old testiment which comes from the Jewish Torah

I haven't started my shrug yet I'm finishing up the 8 pocket tote that I'm making as a get well gift for my Sis.. needed to take a break from sewing on handles and crocheting through 3 layers to join it together.. almost done though

I can't believe that I'm gone for a day, another CAL is started and has this many posts already!

So, I want to make something for me, but I don't think i'm gonna make a blankie at the moment. I was thinking of starting with a purse.

Amy ~ I know what you mean. Don't these women scare ya? If you dare to not check in for a day and a half, they'll probably have a building crocheted while you weren't looking!!!

Joyce

Archived