Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

welcome... the only requirement for this CAL is that you make something for yourself... we are all avid crocheters who usually give our stuff away and decided we needed a Cal to encourage us to treat ourselves occasionally..

there are several of the ladies making that tote... feel free to ask questions I have just started mine but some of the others have made several..

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wendy

sorry i just saw your post

oh thanks but i can pay for few sites only

the others does`nt accept payments by cards (visa or any) from arabic countries

jackie

thats nice i want to make one too

i`ll think if i have time to do it between other stuff :think

i`ll drawn in my UFO`S :eek

Hi all!!! I have been missing in action. This year has been a incredible year... my dad is not well and life has been busy. I have also recently spent 4 weeks in Italy with the school group I take to this country every two years. We all had a wonderful adventure but I have decided this will be the last time I will be the organiser of this venture. FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!!

Before we left I was marking papers, organising the students' work that goes to state panel and managed to crochet 32 hats and berets as the girls all wanted a hat. Time was against me and therefore I did not take a photo. I have attached two photos that show two of the hats... the colours chosen by the girls were cream, rusty red and a variegated blue. Yes, that is me with the girls and I forgot to wear my hat that day.

2371004100058018460jrhNZA_th.jpg

2996341160058018460BfZogt_th.jpg

I have been trying to read and catch up with all the wonderful work here on this forum but as yet I have not succeeded. However, this CAL caught my eye as I have been wanting to make a Granny Garden for myself. I will try and use as many scraps as I can in this so the colours may be all over the place. I have made a vow to use up the bulk of the scrap yarn I have in this house before it multiplies.:eek

The 'puter just ate my nice long message!:( Here I go again!!

Julie - TY for the graph paper link. Great for math as well as graph ghans;) !

Sheryl, wekcome! We are, indeed, "open for business" so pick out a pattern for something you want to make just for you, pull up a chair and stay a while!

Jackie (may I call you JackieCB? There are 2 Jackie's here now - I think:think ) - welcome!

Forines - welcome back! Love the pics (SEWN quilts!?:clap) Nice hats, too. Looking forward to seeing your color combos on the ghan.

And I sincerely hope your dad is, if not on the mend just yet, at least comfortable. It's hard...

Thanks Krystal! Mom picked up some graph paper for me, and I think I'll be able to 'see' the line more easily with it written out in front of me. I can't visualize things very well, so the parallel of a line totally eludes me unless it's drawn out.

I am the same, sometimes I get so cross with my self for not been able visualize things.

Howdy doody,

Forines welcome back. Wow bet you had a great time in Italy and you still had time to make all those hats for the kids. That was so nice of you.

Judy dont you hate that when you type everything you want to say and then the computer freezes or something like that and you lose everything.

Julie hows it going with the ghan. Have you made heaps of hexagons. Im on my 3rd hexagon now.

WTG, Wendy and Julie!:clap :clap :clap

How's everyone else doing??

I'll be checking in again later - full plate on Monday, as usual.

It's been forEVER since I made anything for myself. I've never made an adult sized blanket...I think I'll go for that. My husband brought home some yarn for me a few weeks ago...I think I'll use that. Variegated blues and browns.

Morning folks

Wow, what a busy group this is turning out to be, and all only after a day or two !

:)

Anyhow, dropped in to say I finally made up my mind what pattern and colors to use . I made one of these before ( about 2 years ago ) and gave it away . I really liked it a lot and it turned out so pretty, so this one's for me .

http://www.patchworkcrochet.com/garden.htm

The background color will be linen, since I want it to look old ,like an old quilt .

I picked 10 colors for the flowers, but will actually only have 5 different flowers, because I bought 2 shades of each ,and will use either the dark for the centers ,and lighter for the outsides, or the light for the centers and dark for the outsides- havent yet decided which way will look best .

Anyhow, the colors are 2 shades of yellow ( cornmeal and gold ),2 greens ( dk sage and frosty green), 2 purples( I think the one is orchid, but don't quote me on that, they are downstairs-- it's the lighter of the 2 purples that RH makes, and a darker purple, I'm not sure of the name of it maybe plum ? ),then country pink with claret,and country blue with windsor, I think was the dark blue .

At least I made up my mind, now to get started on the hex's .. they are really easy and go quickly.

Julie that's a very pretty afghan.

I've decided what i'm making, yippee!! I decided with all this yarn I already have I should make a scrap ghan. I'm going with "Catty-Corners" from the Big Book of Scrap Afghans. I'm really looking forward to making this one. :cheer

Here's a link to a picture of it http://www.e-patternscentral.com/image.html?prod_id=3374&mode=magnify.

Let's get this party started.....:party

Tabby, great choice. It will look great.

Can I join? I have a shawl / wrap started that I have been trying to finish forever! I really am excited about getting it done... (it would probably help if I didn't think I had to join every swap there is on the ville). I have pics:

shawl004.jpg

shawl003.jpg

shawl002.jpg

I want to put one more row of the pattern repeat on this baby and them I have to figure out some sort of edging for it. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Also... JulieKay... I think I did that Grandmothers flower garden CAL with you a year or more ago! I just added pics of it to my blog not that long ago! When I did that on in my blog I tried to do it more like a quilt. They (quilters) used to do the "garden path" around the flowers in green so it would be like grass! I have another one started in more mod colors... 3 shades of pink and 3 shades of purple and am working on the "garden" path in black now. I really like the little hexes... cause you could do them in about 5 - 10 minutes each... and work on them almost anywhere! I DIDN"T ;ike joining them though! LOL

Your shawl looks beautiful.

I started a tree skirt for my tree last night. It's already looking really festive.

It's been forEVER since I made anything for myself. I've never made an adult sized blanket...I think I'll go for that. My husband brought home some yarn for me a few weeks ago...I think I'll use that. Variegated blues and browns.

Welcome, Kris! Great to meet a new member:hug

...and you have a hubby who enables your yarn habit!!!:yay Lucky lady:yes

Check out some patterns and let us know if you need any ideas/help. We'll be tripping all over ourselves to chime in:lol

Donna, that's great - a tree skirt! WW or thread?? Do you have a pattern link or is it something you've designed yourself?

...well, back to the real world. I'll be checking in later:hook

Good Morning Ladies.

Geesh, it's cold here. I have a ton of homespun & this weather would be great for one of those ghans. I may just have to make two ghans for me. :D The one with homespun would have to be easy though, any ideas? :think

When I want to make a fast easy ghan (especially with harder to work with yarn), I grab my trusty N hook and just do DC. That way you can feel the stitches if having a hard time seeing the stitches, and it lets the yarn speak for itself.

Perfect idea, Mel.... In fact, I may use that method for a prayer shawl I promised someone (using Homespun:eek )...I think I have to play with that idea.

Good Morning Ladies.

Geesh, it's cold here. I have a ton of homespun & this weather would be great for one of those ghans. I may just have to make two ghans for me. :D The one with homespun would have to be easy though, any ideas? :think

Does your Homespun have a pattern on the label for the Tassel Afghan? I've made 3 of those and they are fast and easy!

Kim

Good morning ladies :flower

Welcome to Jackie, Sheryl, Forines and Kris :ghug

Julie - Oh thank you for that link :hug How're the hexes shaping up? Oh yeah, like hexagons :rofl Oh forgive me. It's early and my head isn't clear :D

Judy - Good luck with FIL today :hug That was today wasn't it? :think

Forines - I wish your dad well :hug Looks like you had a fabulous trip! Good to see you back :hug

Tabby - I agree with Mel :yes Usually with that kinda yarn simple is best :yes

Cara, I know - I'm hard to keep straight:P

Tomorrow I have to have FIL at the Doctor for a 9 AM appt, which means I leave here about 7:45 AM - at the latest.

What WAS I thinking:eek ??

Donna, I saved that tree skirt pattern - I've made the RR itself, so the adjustments should be easy (for NEXT YEAR!)

I'm pasting the link onto Post #1. Thanks!

Hello ladies, Just dropping in to say that I am about 10 rows into my crocheters messenger bag. So far so good. It seems to be working up really fast and it is looking really neat. I will try and get a picture before friday of my progress.

Hello ladies, Just dropping in to say that I am about 10 rows into my crocheters messenger bag. So far so good. It seems to be working up really fast and it is looking really neat. I will try and get a picture before friday of my progress.

WTG!!!:cheer:clap

I don't work on Monday's, so that is usually the day I run errands, do some cleaning and do everything I don't feel like doing when I get home from work. Well, today I decided that today is MY day. I'm not running errands, cleaning, or cooking (tonight will be 'find it, fix it' night) :lol:lol Today is my crochet day. I'm going to work on my RR, and whatever else I feel like working on :D

After my bad week at work last week and the bad week I know is coming up, I feel I deserve it :yes:yes

I don't work on Monday's, so that is usually the day I run errands, do some cleaning and do everything I don't feel like doing when I get home from work. Well, today I decided that today is MY day. I'm not running errands, cleaning, or cooking (tonight will be 'find it, fix it' night) :lol:lol Today is my crochet day. I'm going to work on my RR, and whatever else I feel like working on :D

After my bad week at work last week and the bad week I know is coming up, I feel I deserve it :yes:yes

Good for you!! :clap:cheer:clap

Morning Ladies,

Just wanted to make a connection before I'm off to work. I have to close the store tonight. However, I will do a little hooking tonight when I get home because it helps me relax after a stressful night with the customers and employees. Have a great day!

Archived