Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

I'm home. Didn't get to leave the parking lot until 11:30P. Employee had a problem and wanted to talk it over with me. I'm catching up on all the posts and then I'll crochet for about 30 or 40 minutes. I get some hooking in. Tomorrow is truck day and I have to open the store so I have to be there at 7...opens at 8. Good night!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

megan that so nice

at your due my baby will be around 3 months old wooooow i can`t wait :)

i`m happy you found the shawl

once i made a shawl from my stash and it looked nice and warm i wore it once then in a time it was on the bed and i wanted to cut strand of yarn that i was putting it on the shawl then click and the middle peice of the shawl was cut but i wasn`t so sad it wasn`t that perfect and it was just stash busting

maybe i`ll make ripple granny shawl someday :lol

today i didn`t work for me all my works were (NOT FOR ME AT ALL) i`ll make sure to get some progress in my stuff :hook

catch you later

Hey...I just wanted to stop by and say that I think this CAL is a terrific idea. I'm swamped down with holiday projects at the moment so I won't be able to join in until at least the end of the year. I don't mind being a cheerleader for the rest of you until then though. :cheer :cheer :cheer

I realized the other day that I've been knitting and crocheting pretty consistantly for the last 3 years. The only things I still own to show for it are two pairs of socks, a hat, a scarf and a tp cover. Everything else has been gifts for other people. I love making things for others but I at least should have a blankie for me!

Though it's probrably going to take me until the end of the year before I decide on a blanket to make. :think

This thread is buzzing... I have started my Granny Garden and I have made 4 flowers but unlike you, Julie, I will not sew it together until I have some more flowers completed as I have yet to decide how I will organise my colours on the quilt. I keep telling myself to go with the flow and I have given myself permission to disregard colour co-ordination. I may have something sewn together by Friday.

I will try and do some tonight if I can manage to stay awake.

That's OK April ~ I can't begin my ME until my Christmas gifts are finished either. All the more reason to keep motivated with those gifts!

Joyce

Ines

Yea, I printed out a piece of graph paper so I'd be able to map out ahead of time where I wanted what colors, but am thinking of adding a few more if I can find the right ones to go with what I already have . That will throw off the whole graph, so I'll have to do another one ,but it's ok, no big deal .

Nice to have a couple others working on the same thing ! I'll be anxious to see your photos when you get some ready .

The best plans of mice and men... I started sewing the flowers together as I want something to show this Friday and my daughter changed my original idea of the background colour so now I will have to ensure I introduce more colours too. I am making the background a denim blue... yes... the cream colour has now been scrubbed.

Julie, I considered planning this quilt on the graft paper and then as I mentioned before, I decided to ignore planning this step. I am frogging WIPS that I know I will not complete and adding this to this piece. I cannot even imagine what it will look like ... I may be pleasantly surprised. So far I am happy with "the look"

Good Morning Ladies.

Thought I'd stop in to say hi to you all as I get ready to head off to work. May I say that 5:30 am is way to early to have to leave for work. And it is cold and frosty outside. I hate new release Tuesday when it's cold outside.

Have a great day and I'll check in when I get home.

the book is called (crocheted afghans) and the pattern is (granny afghan)

I looked it up in Donna Kooler's book - it's a really nice variation on the traditional granny! A very good stash buster, too.:D

Have fun!

Valerie - I hope you day goes much better today!

AprilC and Joyce - we'll be here when you're ready to think about your gifts to yourselves!

Ines...I love "going with the flow"...and denim blue as a background sounds wild! Go for it, girl!

Julie - alway the organized one! I know you'll have another graph made up before the day is out!

Mel, By the time you read this you'll be home tonight - I really hope the day went well.

Morning everyone. Not too much going on today. Gotta go get Meaghan's pictures taken. I got 4 rows done on the tree skirt last night. It's starting to look very nice and Christmasy. The only problem is now I'm in the Christmas mood. :lol

Here's what I'm working on for me right now http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0258.htm

I have some Patons SWS in a variagated blue that's just perfect and looks alot like the color in the pic!:clap I also started the Graphic Granny Afghan and love it but I know it will end up being a gift for someone else.:yes

I'm already on Row 5 for the Moda Dea wrap and it's a fun pattern!

Kim

Megan... I notice that you are from Iowa! My home town is in Iowa, Rock Rapids! Are you anywhere near? I haven't moved to far from "home" I'm in Sioux Falls , SD now. Congrats on the baby! You too Abtha! I am hoping for grand babies sometime here... but things are not looking promising... My boys are not looking for romance!!!LOL

I didn't get the time to work on my shawl last nite.... My "baby" who is 16... took another order for me ... one of his friends wanted a beanie, So I worked on that instead! My son, Mason and his friends keep me busy in the beanie and the hackie sack making business! And by th way... Mason is not the one I am looking for grand babies from!!!! LOL! I have two older boys that are 19 and 23!

Hello everyone. Just thought I would drop in and check everything out. It seems if you miss a day in here there are alot of posts to read. :) I finished the front peice of my crocheters messenger bag. I am so excited about it I need to keep reminding myself that I need to finish up the baby blanket I 'm working on also. hehe.

Kim~that wrap looks really pretty. can't wait to see pictures.

:whewI sure am glad my work day is over. It was as bad as I thought it would be . Too much to do, not enough time, then had to help my supervisor get his part done. I thought supervisor's were suppose to know more and be able to do more than the 'regular' staff :rolleyes

I got some work done on my RR last night, then decided I wanted one in cotton, so I have 2 RR's in the works. But before I can do any more work on MY stuff, I have an order I have to get finished. Then again, she is on vacation for a while, so I have time :lol. I have to make a Sweet Pea Shawl (3/4 done), 3 dishcloths and 3 bottle/can/glass cozies. I took a soda to work today and had a cozy on it so the condensation wouldn't get all over the place. She saw it, loved it and wants 3.

Well, time to get the hook moving :hook

Hi, ladies - before getting into what NEEDS doing around here, I thought I'd check in....

Donna - thoughts of Christmas = SHOPPING!!!:lol

Mel, from the sounds of things, I think you'll need a firehose to cool off your hooks!!:hook

Jackie - I'm also easily sucked into accepting "new orders":blush . In fact, I think most of us here suffer from that syndrome!

Brenda, I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of your messenger bag...:yay That is also a WIM for me:devil

Megan, quick projects are ALL good!!:yes

Kim, that's a very nice wrap - the pattern is now on my "fav" list!

I'm making myself some socks out of some koigu I have had stashed for awhile...(I have too many afghans and blankies already, and wanted another pair o' homemade socks anyway.)

does that count?

Absolutely, Trin! Welcome!!

Anything you're making for YOU counts as admission to this CAL...hope you stay around long after you finish your socks, too:hug

Good morning all! It is morning in my world and I am packing up the crochet so I can get myself ready for work. :( Would love to keep crocheting.

I worked on my Granny Garden for 2 hours this morning and I now have 65 hexagons. I am not sure what size I will complete this yet so the total I need to make is still a mystery. Tonight I will try and sew what I have together.

Happy crocheting to you all.

Archived