Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy my favorite thing to do for the holidays is decorate. :lol But I do like the shopping too.

Ines, great progress on your granny garden.

Shelly sounds like you got a great start to your shrug.

I finished up two more rows on the skirt. I didn't do too much crocheting yesterday till the evening so I didn't get much done.

Judy I just received the Alphabet graph in the mail. Is it hard to work out the words you want to use.

I made the words by doing each letter in it's own square (same way I made the Greek Key design) and then joining them. It's very "unique", esp since I used the same colors I'd originally picked for the RN graph ghan!

You'll see what I mean when I post a pic!:lol

Donna, we keep the decorating simple - we do get a real tree - love that. We have to see this year, though - we're going to Las Vegas in mid Dec to celebrate our anniversary, which means no live tree before we leave...

Judy that sounds like a fun trip. Do you have family out there? Yeah I'm sure Mike would like me to keep it simple. It's more simple than others but I have tons of Christmasy nicnacs that I have to have out. I of course won't be putting anything out by the front door this year because of the pumpkin incident. We usually decorate Thanksgiving night or the day after depending on what we are doing and how we feel.

I didn't get a chance to work on my ME wrap yesterday. I've been trying to finish up a box for the Snug Hugs for Kids charity and want to get it sent off by the end of the week!:)

I love the Bunny Field, HappyOldCro (hope I got the name right...)!!! That is just too funny....:lol

Kim

Judy I will watch you for a pic of your ghan to see how you have done the letters. Oh Judy is your anniversary in december, I keep forgetting that you do your dates the wrong way and when I saw that doily that your sp did with the date 12/2 I thought your anniversary was the 12th of February. That should be a nice trip for you, isnt your birthday around then as well.

Donna I like to have lots of nic nacs around the house as well. I really need to go find some more.

Good morning ladies :flower

Fitful internet yesterday :( It's my old computer. Told DH the next one to get new computer stuff is me :lol Therefore, I'm way behind on the posts :P

Good news through all the problems yesterday though is I only have one round of border to do on the fall ghan and it's done!! That should take about an hour or so. Then I really need to work a little on some bedding for my soon-to-arrive grand nephew (I know, I know...it's "great" nephew but I like grand nepehew better :)) then I'm gonna start on my messenger bag :jumpyay

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Yup, Wendy, December is a busy month for us!

And we have a friend who lives out in LV, but that's it. We'll be meeting up with another couple we're friends with too - her B'day is a few days after mine. They'll be out there for a family reunion...

Good Morning Everyone!:cheer

I added about 10 more rows onto my half granny shawl. I was about to work on it last night and remembered I had a comfortghan to put together. I still had all the squares for my friend Erica's blanket sitting on my yarn totes. So I put the little one to bed at 8, made some tea, and sat down with my :hook and :yarn and got to work. Hubby got up for work at 10 *pm* and left about 20 till 11. I was still working on the squares and did so till 1 AM:eek I really wasn't that tired... or maybe my mind and body just knew how much I needed to get this done. I had to make several squares as I didn't have enough. So all I have left is to join the squares vertically. I put a single sc border around it to help keep them together when I'm doing the vertical join. I don't like floppy squares!:no :no

After I finish the comfort-ghan I'll get back to work on my ME projects. :hug

I love the Bunny Field, HappyOldCro (hope I got the name right...)!!! That is just too funny....:lol

Kim

Well, the bunnies are always hopping all over the place, just like the thoughts in this old head, here one moment, gone the next...so they must be hopping around in that bunny field...:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit

Good morning ladies :flower

Fitful internet yesterday :( It's my old computer. Told DH the next one to get new computer stuff is me :lol Therefore, I'm way behind on the posts :P

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Now that sounds like a great ME project, may not be crochet, but if you make a doily, you can say you need something to put it on, or under, or whatever to make it work....

Judy: The scarey thing about the Bunny field thing is it works!!!

The Pine Ridge thing is in Crafting for a Cause. They posted in the charity section here. I looked up Pine Ridge Reservation on the web and was totally shocked by the info I found. For example: Poorest reservation in the US but one of the largest. Infant mortality is 5 times the national average, and teen suicides higher than average. Life expectancy lowest in the Western Hemisphere. 47 for men and 50 for women. And so much more.

They are asking for afghans/blankets now because SD has such severe winters, and a tradition in the tribe is for grandparents to hand down their blankets to the grandchildren, resulting in many elders freezing to death!!! I am stating this stuff from memory, so if I am a little off (bunny field time)

Please forgive me anyone reading this if I have a few little things slightly wrong, but if even if one figure (or percentage) is off, the others are still shocking enough to bring tears to my eyes.

Excuse me now I have to take a little me time....

Judy - Pine Ridge is a Reservation in South Dakota, one of the poorest places in the country.Carol was exactly right. A group of us at Crafting for a Cause send layettes to the OB Unit, blankets and clothes (new or gently used) to the Womans Shelter, and things for the children and elders.

I didn't make a WW meeting this week yet. Today or tommorrow (more likely).

Joyce: Good luck to you on your holiday hooking! I actually don’t have that much to do. In fact depending on how things go it may only be one project…lol. I’m making an afghan for my MIL and that is the main one I need to get done. If I get done early enough then I’m making a lapgan for my Mom. We’ll see how it goes. I’m not killing myself over gifts this year. Though the idea of making an afghan just for me is a big motivator. I’ve made a ton of afghans over the years and I don’t have a single one.

Kim: That wrap looks really cool. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. What colors are you working using?

Ines: Great start on your Granny Garden! That pattern has been on my to-do list for quite a while. I want a really scrappy one so sometimes I just make a hexagon out of scraps as I finish using the yarn. I figure one day then I’ll look down and realize I have an afghans worth.

Way to go everyone one your progress so far! I love reading everyone’s updates. :clap

Megan, I never feel tired when I'm involved in a crochet project, either - amazing how that happens!

Carol and Kathy - TY for the info on Pine Ridge...I'll be looking into it...

Kathy - I never made this morning's meeting. I don't know if I'll be able to get to one before next week!:eek

See ya later, Valerie!

Now that sounds like a great ME project, may not be crochet, but if you make a doily, you can say you need something to put it on, or under, or whatever to make it work....

Now I like that rationel...lol..lol..lol. I'll have to see if that works with my husband I've been wanting a new laptop. :lol

Karen, I made a 3 strander with Caron SS and I used a size N hook. It is my DD's, and she loves it. It came out thick, warm and oh so soft. I don't think I could have done it with a smaller hook. My hands and wrists would never have been able to handle it.

Here are 2 pictures of it.

This is my son holding it up. He is standing on a step, and he is 6 feet tall.

th_hillydone2.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches. I just used DC for this one.

th_hilly2.jpg

both clickable

wow!!! I missed this post, How long did it take to make it?

Judy, I'm getting a box ready to go to Pine Ridge...scarves for kids, some baby stuff for the OB unit, and some things for the shelter. Maybe we could get together and pick up some things for the women at the shelter...they don't have access to stores that sell 'hygiene products' so those things are much appreciated.

Hope it's not too late join you ladies! I'm not going to make anything "big" as I don't have the time right now, but I thought I would make me a few bath wash cloths...have some cotton tots just screaming to get out of the storage tub!

hello all... just taking a break to get kiddos ready for Halloweening... we are stopping a few houses then going to a party "Light the Night" it is put on by the area churches they have food, hayride, puppet shows, games and prizes... the area is enclosed with snow fencing and there are people at each entrance... the grand Angel is going as Minnie Mouse... and the grandgirl is going as a (cowboy / cowgirl) cowperson..

Hope it's not too late join you ladies! I'm not going to make anything "big" as I don't have the time right now, but I thought I would make me a few bath wash cloths...have some cotton tots just screaming to get out of the storage tub!

LOVE the cotton tots!

hello all... just taking a break to get kiddos ready for Halloweening... we are stopping a few houses then going to a party "Light the Night" it is put on by the area churches they have food, hayride, puppet shows, games and prizes... the area is enclosed with snow fencing and there are people at each entrance... the grand Angel is going as Minnie Mouse... and the grandgirl is going as a (cowboy / cowgirl) cowperson..

Have fun! We just had Minnie Mouse stop by here...:yes

Archived