Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Judy, I'm getting a box ready to go to Pine Ridge...scarves for kids, some baby stuff for the OB unit, and some things for the shelter. Maybe we could get together and pick up some things for the women at the shelter...they don't have access to stores that sell 'hygiene products' so those things are much appreciated.

Maybe next week some time?? We can go to CVS or some place like that.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carol, my DD's monster 3 strander took about 10 days.

I also made my DS a monster ghan. That one was a 2 strander using RHSS. It took me about a week to make that one. I'm making him another one in his college colors.

Here is a pic of his 2 strander.

th_dustydone.jpg

clickable

Wow, Mel!! You make that hook fly!:yay

I don't always get things done that fast.

I have noticed that if I have had a bad day at work, when I'm sit down to crochet, the hook flies. I've had a few bad days, with more coming up, so I guess the hook will be flying again :lol:lol

I don't always get things done that fast.

I have noticed that if I have had a bad day at work, when I'm sit down to crochet, the hook flies. I've had a few bad days, with more coming up, so I guess the hook will be flying again :lol:lol

Better than a tranquilizer!;)

Evening ladies.

I have been chilling today with the Hubster & with the whole fam tonight so I haven't been on much. Sorry, i'm sure I was missed. :lol I needed some destress time with my Hubby.

Short rant.....

My 16 yr. old niece is preggo by a 22 yr. old man. She is so immature. All she cares about is her cigs, partying & smoking pot. I want to scream. I was 16 when I had the twins so i'm going to support her but I told her i'll personally kick her rump if she doesn't quit all that stuff. I don't want to sound mean but she is dumber then a box of rocks, literally. She probably has a 6th grade education & hasn't gone to school much since. I just don't know. Atleast I was more mature, was married (atleast by time they were born, does that count? LOL). What I mean is my kids became my life & I took the responsibility seriously. Why don't they ever learn from our obstacles instead of making there own? KIDS!! :angry

Okay, that turned into a medium rant. :lol See why I needed a little time to destress? :yes

I hope you all are having a wonderful Halloween/Harvest Day. :jack:skeleton :ghost

I feel for ya, Tab :yes Got a 21 year old niece in the same situation. Then the father was killed in a car wreck the day she found out. Rough situation all around. Hopefully, this will wake her up though.

Hubster & The Fam....that'd be a great name for a rock band :D

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking for a while. Since about when page 8 was the last page actually. Somewhere in here someone was doing a armchair holder and I forgot to mark the pattern. Can anyone tell me where it is?

I want to join but I'm not sure how much time I'll have until after Christmas. I have two afghans for me started that have been on hold for almost a year now (over a year for one of them), because I've been making stuff for others and I want to make myself a RR, too. And I've got some yarn I got on clearance that I want to make something for me out of, but don't know what yet. I'll mostly lurk until the Christmas stuff is done, but do want to join y'all. It's been a long time since I made something for me that didn't get given to someone else instead. Have a good evening. :hug

WOW!

I'd say you needed to destress.

I was pregnant with my twins at 17 (only 1 lived), so I know she has a tough road ahead of her. Hopefully she will straighten out soon and realize that she is now responsible for someone other than herself.

:hug:hug

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking for a while. Since about when page 8 was the last page actually. Somewhere in here someone was doing a armchair holder and I forgot to mark the pattern. Can anyone tell me where it is?

I want to join but I'm not sure how much time I'll have until after Christmas. I have two afghans for me started that have been on hold for almost a year now (over a year for one of them), because I've been making stuff for others and I want to make myself a RR, too. And I've got some yarn I got on clearance that I want to make something for me out of, but don't know what yet. I'll mostly lurk until the Christmas stuff is done, but do want to join y'all. It's been a long time since I made something for me that didn't get given to someone else instead. Have a good evening. :hug

I know what you mean. I make so many ghans and RR's and end up giving them away or selling them. I have 2 in the works for ME, and hopefully I will be able to keep them. But if I find out someone needs a ghan, off it will go, since I can always make another one.

I've been busy today working on something for ME! When I sat down to crochet this morning, I decided to work with my cotton yarn today. I have a cone of Sugar'N Cream, and didn't want to make that many washcloths with the same color. I wanted to make a shawl, but since I only have about 14 ounces of yarn, I needed a pattern that started at the point. So I grabbed a size K hook and started a granny shawl.

I am on row 30 now.:D

Here is a picture of my progress a little while ago.

th_GrannyShawl1.jpg

clickable

Absolutely, Trin! Welcome!!

Anything you're making for YOU counts as admission to this CAL...hope you stay around long after you finish your socks, too:hug

I've been on crochetville for awhile, not going anywhere.... I'm usually making amigurumi and things to sell in my etsy shop and at sci fi conventions, and for gifts.

Carol, my DD's monster 3 strander took about 10 days.

I also made my DS a monster ghan. That one was a 2 strander using RHSS. It took me about a week to make that one. I'm making him another one in his college colors.

Here is a pic of his 2 strander.

th_dustydone.jpg

clickable

I am so impressed, you must be a whiz. I don't have the patience (or time) to work on one thing that long. I really struggled with the 8 pocket tote for a long time, especially putting it together. I envy your persistance.

I know what you mean. I make so many ghans and RR's and end up giving them away or selling them. I have 2 in the works for ME, and hopefully I will be able to keep them. But if I find out someone needs a ghan, off it will go, since I can always make another one.

I just had a wild awakening. I have been crocheting for 55 years. I went around the house today and was able to only find 6 things I have kept. 2 ghans, 1 thread doily, 1 mobile, 1 shawl and the tote I just finished.

I do have a tote full of purses, and a bag full of baby stuff, I call them my give-aways. Is there a condition called "giveawayitis", :lol ?

I guess I really needed this ME CAL :yes...

I just had a wild awakening. I have been crocheting for 55 years. I went around the house today and was able to only find 6 things I have kept. 2 ghans, 1 thread doily, 1 mobile, 1 shawl and the tote I just finished.

I do have a tote full of purses, and a bag full of baby stuff, I call them my give-aways. Is there a condition called "giveawayitis", :lol ?

I guess I really needed this ME CAL :yes...

I have a tote full of scarves and dishcloths. They are my giveaway's.

If there is a condition called giveawayitis, I have it :lol:lol

Mel, your shawl is looking great. It's going to be a beauty.

Shelly, thanks for the link. I've got it bookmarked now, so I'll be able to find it when I'm ready to make one/some. I can think of a whole bunch of places I could you one.

Hi all you new ladies!!!

I'm just dropping in quick. I'm at least keeping my reading up here while I'm getting other things finished.

Wow! 55 years of crocheting! I've been crocheting about 30 years and I can only recall 3 items I've kept. Yup. It does sound like it's time for us.

Joyce

Evening Ladies,

I made it back home again. I'm too tired to read all the post so I'll just check in all my CALs and crochet about 2 square to unwind and then go to bed. I have to open in the morning and get Christmas set.

Judy, Kathy... In the future let me know when you're making goody boxes for charity. As we mark down merchandise, I'll get things you can put in the box. Will give you more details later. Have a good night.

:welcome all new comers!! This is a great bunch of ladies here!!

I too have crocheted for over 25 years and don't have much here that is for me. Partly it's because there are so many things I want to make but I don't need them :lol Now I've got a few things I want for me and have too much piled up waiting to make for others :lol

I still haven't started my ME messenger tote yet but I will this week! I got all my active items started or not into totes and am ready to get them set up for days to work on them.

HI everyone, welcome to all the new ladies.

Mel your shawl looks great so far.

Mel I love your monster ghan, the colors are very nice.

Carol wow 55 years of crocheting, thats amazing. I have been crocheting for about 30 years and still dont really have all that much to show for it.

I havent done anymore on the graphic granny. Im trying to get more done on the Amish bedspread.

Archived