Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Krystal, my favorite course in high school was Comparative Religion. It's the only one I remember over 30 years later and apply to my daily life. I too believe there are many paths (religions) that lead to God (as we call Him) and that we should honor and respect everyones right to practice as they see fit. I feel if this class was mandatory in all schools, Americans would be more understanding and therefore more tolerant of the world's religions.

During the fasts of Ramaden or Yom Kippur I will say a prayer that my friends observing the fast will have an easy fast.

People of many faiths around the world pray for Tim, and I feel that is what has kept him alive and is helping him recover.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, Valerie

I joined WW 3 weeks ago after Judy convinced me it wasn't a regimen of eating things I hate, but a new way to handle the foods I love. I have NOT felt deprived, and have started on my weight loss journey. What is extra special is that Judy and I usually attend meetings together as we live withing 5 miles of each other...and meeting is actually the halfway point, I think!

Even though I'm not keeping the end result, the striped afghan is sort of a ME project because I wanted to work on it.

But first, the ME project is some homework...I have to write a paper for one class and try to figure out an algebra problem from (that place of eternal punishment). Plus take two tests, all by midnight. So, I'm going to get to work so I can enjoy a dead zone with my hooks instead of books.

Kathy,

Maybe we can also exchange some tips concerning WW. My niece and I attend meetings together. I want to achieve the life time member status this time around. It really is a great program because you can literally eat what you want and long as you count the points.

Hi Ladies!!!

Can i join this one...i cant work on my squares right now becouse all the Grandkids are here again and they just cant keep their little paddies off all the pretty color squares(they think their leaves you can throw around :P ) so i had to put them away till after thanksgiving when they go home.I have been working on a ripple afghan just for me in one color so its easy to put out of reach and its slow going but i would love to work with you ladies,i hate doing it alone.

Shaylen - Hiya doll :hug We've missed you around here....come on in and pull up a chair :D

Athba - Actually the one that Tab is doing is available as an e-Pattern. Pretty much you will get the pattern in digital format. You have to print your own copy on paper. But super duper best of all is it's only $1.99 here http://www.e-patternscentral.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=3374

Kathy - Good for you sticking with the WW. I should probably do that too but I'm way too into my Dr Pepper for my own good and diet drinks make me ill :P

My ME project today ended up being a nap :blush Kinda got in the groove on my fall ghan then I fell asleep. Oh well, back to the hook now :hook

Hi Shay, long time no see. Hope all is well in your world. :manyheart

Thanks Cara for answering the question about where people can find the pattern. :hug

Thanks ladies, i've loved the ghan ever since I first saw it. :yes My colors probably won't be so bright since i'm not a bright & cheery kinda person. :eek I won't be able to start it right this second because I have to finish that fall ghan first. I'm so close to the finish that i'm not stopping now. :no I should be done hopefully in a couple days & then it'll be full speed ahead on the ME ghan. :cheer

Thanks Krystal! Mom picked up some graph paper for me, and I think I'll be able to 'see' the line more easily with it written out in front of me. I can't visualize things very well, so the parallel of a line totally eludes me unless it's drawn out.

Thanks Krystal! Mom picked up some graph paper for me, and I think I'll be able to 'see' the line more easily with it written out in front of me. I can't visualize things very well, so the parallel of a line totally eludes me unless it's drawn out.

I'm the same way :yes I had to make "virtual" graph paper because my graph paper bill was rivaling my cat food bill :lol I'm very visual. DH literally has to draw me a picture sometimes to make me understand what he's talking about :lol

Can I join? I have a shawl / wrap started that I have been trying to finish forever! I really am excited about getting it done... (it would probably help if I didn't think I had to join every swap there is on the ville). I have pics:

shawl004.jpg

shawl003.jpg

shawl002.jpg

I want to put one more row of the pattern repeat on this baby and them I have to figure out some sort of edging for it. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Also... JulieKay... I think I did that Grandmothers flower garden CAL with you a year or more ago! I just added pics of it to my blog not that long ago! When I did that on in my blog I tried to do it more like a quilt. They (quilters) used to do the "garden path" around the flowers in green so it would be like grass! I have another one started in more mod colors... 3 shades of pink and 3 shades of purple and am working on the "garden" path in black now. I really like the little hexes... cause you could do them in about 5 - 10 minutes each... and work on them almost anywhere! I DIDN"T ;ike joining them though! LOL

WOW this is turing out to be an active group :clap I think I have decided what I am making for ME - a 3SUB using only Caron Simply Soft :c9 I will have to try different sized hooks (I made one with WW and an N hook but will need to scale down a bit for SS). I have yarn bought to make sweaters for my four nieces for Christmas so will start with the leftovers from that and get ME some more SS :lol Also it won't likely be ugly since I will plan the colors a bit. I won't be able to actually start for a week or so but will be at it soon (or as long as I can hold out before starting :P )

Welcome, Jackie! LOVE that shawl...where did you get the pattern??

And it must be getting pretty cold up in SD about now....

Karen that 3SUB will be so cushy in Caron SS!!

Karen, I made a 3 strander with Caron SS and I used a size N hook. It is my DD's, and she loves it. It came out thick, warm and oh so soft. I don't think I could have done it with a smaller hook. My hands and wrists would never have been able to handle it.

Here are 2 pictures of it.

This is my son holding it up. He is standing on a step, and he is 6 feet tall.

th_hillydone2.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches. I just used DC for this one.

th_hilly2.jpg

both clickable

Tab- love the pattern you chose --it's gonna be so pretty !

Jackie- thanks for sharing the picture of the flower garden. I really like it with the green background and actually thought about using frosty green for my background, but then went with the linen so it'd look old .

Sounds like you all have been busy in here today. Sam is rebuilding my computer, so I can't get on here much til he gets it finished up .

Mel - Your three strand looks great! I will try using the N hook and see how my tension works with it. I was worried it would be too airy and holey or thin looking using an N. Nice to see one done up in the Caron SS and an N hook. Looks great and now I am more eager to get started!

Thanks! :hug

Archived