Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay I want to join to :yay I already started a me blankie this week called Striped Afghan which is on the Lion's brand site, I will be using Vann's Choice yarn in Honey, Beige, Pea Green and Mustard. My pattern can be seen here: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70128AD.html

:yay I want to join to :yay I already started a me blankie this week called Striped Afghan which is on the Lion's brand site, I will be using Vann's Choice yarn in Honey, Beige, Pea Green and Mustard. My pattern can be seen here: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70128AD.html

Welcome Cheeria! :hug Hmmm, that's a might fine blanket as well. I thought I had my pattern chosen but I dunno now :D

Athba you have a head start on the ME Cal. Well done.

Cheeria welcome. I think Cara is using that yarn as well. Nice pattern.

Yep, same yarn. Almost the same colors too :yes That pattern would sure be faster than the Navajo but gosh I really like the stitch from the Navajo. Just an awful lot of ends to weave :P

yup those occassions are for christians not us thats why :)

yes i`ve started it and its 12 rounds and a half , 19''

i want it between 65-70 inchs so i can cover under it while sleeping :sleep

Well, shall I lug my shrug over here? This poor thing is being dragged from pillar to post, and now I have to get through Christmas first. It will get made. I want it for me.

Joyce

Holy smokes, this CAL is taking off like crazy !

What a lot of response so quickly. Glad to see lots of familiar names and also some new ones to meet ! You all will love it here- it's a nice group of ladies .

I've got my choices narrowed down to 2-- will figure out which one I'm doing and post today .

I THINK I have my colors picked. It's colors I have been wanting to use for AGES .

Anyhow, I'll stop back in once I choose the pattern and colors.

WOW! What a lot of posts to read this morning!

Donna, WTG on the 63 squares ghan!:cheer

Karen, I'm sure you popped in here earlier...and my "list" is all mental (like me:P ) Great that your 3SUB WON'T be "ugly"!:D

Mel...we'll be here whenever you start your RR - great pattern, BTW!

Shelly...I'm sure you'll get that srug done quickly! Think you said plum? Pretty!:manyheart

Athba...you have lots you want to make, too! Rest and "hook" and keep us posted!!:c9

Cheeria - I saw that pattern, too...great choice. The ghan should be nice and warm:c9 :yes

Kathy...did you pick out the yarn for YOU yet??:lol

Joyce - go for it! You know you need to finish that shrug:cheer

Julie, I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide - it's always a good pattern!

See you gals later! I just picked up my Limelight Caron Brite...just to play with the pattern....but gotta get back to the comfortghan, which is SOOOOO close to being done I can "taste" it!

yup those occassions are for christians not us thats why :)

Are you Muslim? My friend is and is from Pakastan originally. She showed me pictures and explained her engagment celebration. WOW! It was so different than what we are used to here and so interesting to hear about. She looked so different in her pictures - even more beautiful. She wore royal blue and gold and looked stunning. I think it was the make up and no head cover that made her look so different to me.

I'm gonna join!! I actually make quite a bit for myself, mostly wearables, and have several projects started. Everyone's ideas sound fantastic, can't wait to see pics.

Halloween and New Year aren't Christian celebrations, they're more like "civic" holidays. Halloween used to be a pagan ritual and somehow expanded into everyday culture just for fun. New Year is just the turn of the calendar - no religion to it at all. :D (Although many do pray to God the first thing they wake up! :lol)

Ok I have finally found a pattern for my caron brites yarn. :yay

I made this for my mum last xmas and forgot I had the crochet today magazine that had the pattern inside. Its now on the website as a freebie. I have started it and it looks great in the brites yarn and even though I will be making heaps of hexagons at least its a JAYG so no sewing involved. You gotta love that.

Here is the pattern but it will be brighter obviously because of the yarn Im using.

http://www.knitandcrochettoday.com/pdf/granny.pdf

Archived