Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Amy ~ I know what you mean. Don't these women scare ya? If you dare to not check in for a day and a half, they'll probably have a building crocheted while you weren't looking!!!

Joyce

Now THAT'S an idea!:scrachin

:rofl :rofl :rofl

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Amy!

Miss seeing ya here since you began your job:hug

A purse sounds like a great project - fast gratification! I have quite a few patterns collected for purses and they'll make nice, fast projects for me in the new year...

Athba, TY for sharing about your religious customs...and like Kathysaid, if you have any questions for us, ask.

And your ahwal sounds so nice - looking forward to seeing a picture eventually.

Morning folks

Wow, what a busy group this is turning out to be, and all only after a day or two !

:)

Anyhow, dropped in to say I finally made up my mind what pattern and colors to use . I made one of these before ( about 2 years ago ) and gave it away . I really liked it a lot and it turned out so pretty, so this one's for me .

http://www.patchworkcrochet.com/garden.htm

The background color will be linen, since I want it to look old ,like an old quilt .

I picked 10 colors for the flowers, but will actually only have 5 different flowers, because I bought 2 shades of each ,and will use either the dark for the centers ,and lighter for the outsides, or the light for the centers and dark for the outsides- havent yet decided which way will look best .

Anyhow, the colors are 2 shades of yellow ( cornmeal and gold ),2 greens ( dk sage and frosty green), 2 purples( I think the one is orchid, but don't quote me on that, they are downstairs-- it's the lighter of the 2 purples that RH makes, and a darker purple, I'm not sure of the name of it maybe plum ? ),then country pink with claret,and country blue with windsor, I think was the dark blue .

At least I made up my mind, now to get started on the hex's .. they are really easy and go quickly.

Julie morning to you. The pattern your doing looks great, its sure going to be colorful and pretty. Have fun making the hexagons.

Judy howdy doody.

I have done 1 hexagon so far. When I have done all 4 different ones i will show a pic. Caron brites yarn sure is nice to work with.

Good Morning Judy - I've got a question/suggestion (means more work for you)...would you mind adding all the pattern links to the first post that everyone is making? I'd really like to know what everyone's doing - get more WIMs that way, but I don't have the time to go through all the posts.

Good Morning Judy - I've got a question/suggestion (means more work for you)...would you mind adding all the pattern links to the first post that everyone is making? I'd really like to know what everyone's doing - get more WIMs that way, but I don't have the time to go through all the posts.

I'll try doing that...it's not unwieldy - yet!:lol

I really appreciate the suggestion...should have thought about it myself, considering how many CALs I'm in!:hook

Morning Wendy

Are you doing the changing colors on each flower like the picture, and how many different color combos will they have ? I'll be excited to see photos of them .

There is 4 different color combos and Im going to go with black as the last round to join them all. I will post the pics once they are done.

Judy- I think the pattern said they are supposed to be around 4 inches ? I'll make one up here in a little bit to see how big it turns out .

The last one I made , I used a different hex pattern that was more solid-- it didn't have such big holes in it. I may try this one with dc's instead of triples, to make the holes a little smaller .

I'll make one and measure it to see how big they come out .

Just to let you know - and many thanks to Amy for the suggestion:hug

...on Post #1 I've started listing the links you ladies have shared here. If I missed anyone, let me know.

I also realize many of you only mentioned projects by name - if you have the link available, I'd love for you to post it when you get a chance so I can add it to the list. I really can't begin to look it all up right now.

Thanks!:manyheart

Good morning every one!

I still can't find my half granny shawl.:think I'm convinced the fairies took it!:blush

So I'll just start something new, and if I find it, I'll always have it for later. So now I'm going to do the candy apple shrug on LB. But I'll modify it quite a bit. I want it to be a slip over. I don't want to fuss with wrapping it. I'll write down what I do in case any one else is interested.

I'm using RH heathers in Lavender and probably a J hook.

Judy- I think the pattern said they are supposed to be around 4 inches ? I'll make one up here in a little bit to see how big it turns out .

The last one I made , I used a different hex pattern that was more solid-- it didn't have such big holes in it. I may try this one with dc's instead of triples, to make the holes a little smaller .

I'll make one and measure it to see how big they come out .

I hardly ever use TC - too loose and "holey"....

4 inches isn't TOO bad:devil

Gotta dash for now...trying to beat the Sunday morning crowds at the food store...I AM NOT looking forward to the holidays, just for that reason...CROWDS!:eek

I'm going to make a Waves of Color Tote Bag for myself, now that I've finished 3 for other people. I'll just have to remind myself not to work on it too quickly or I'll be done in a day or two!!!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62995

ok Judy

I made 3 different ones to sample them -- I tried it with the dcs and it seemed a little bunched up looking and didnt lay flat, so I made it with an H hook and the triples and then the G hook and triples .

I think I'll go with the G, since it makes it a little more tight-looking .

They all 3 turned out at or around 4 inches from point to point .

Good morning ladies :flower

Was trying to finish up my fall ghan before officially starting on this but I've got about 6 rows left on the fall ghan and I have no patience :lol Think I'll alternate between the two today. Or maybe I'll start the messenger bag :think Decisions, decisions :hook

Here's the link to the Navajo blanket.....

http://www.craftingranny.com/patterns_archive.asp?ArticleSource=40

I'm not going to do the diamonds or necessarily even that striping pattern this time but I am using the stitch.

And here's the messenger bag....

http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/The_Crocheter_s_Messenger.pdf

I love Selena's stuff :yes And she's a very nice gal to boot :D

kathy

i don`t know if you know this information but we have another callender and another date we use it`s in our religon since our prphet travelled from his city to another

our year in this callender is 1428 and this is the 10 month of it

it is a cuincidense to be with the tenth month of your calender

the months starts with the moon i don`t know how to explain it but this is the way

the 9th month is for fasting from sunrise to sun set at sun set we start to eat and we do our traditional dishes and this is so warm and nice we can eat until the sun rise time then we stop

this month is for fasting , praying, reading the holly book and do good stuff

of caurse we do those things dailly exept fasting

those who are very sick , at period time, just gave birth , and some special situations doesn`t fast and can pay the depth of not fasting after the holly month

after this month at the first 3 days of the 10th month we celebrate that the holly month is done and they are days of celebration because they are a reward from god for our pationce in this month and these days called (eid)

we have anothe (eid) at the 12th month of our callender which starts at the 10th of it and for 3 days too and this eid has its occassion because the prophet Ibraham received a sheep to kill from god instead of killing his son which it was an order from god to test him

in this eid we kill any kind of these animals (sheeps or cows) and devide the meat then give it to relatives

i wish you liked todays lesson :)

Athba, I do like your lessons, too. I went to Catholic school and for one whole year we learned about the origins and traditions of the other major religions in the world (Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Buddhist). We were taught that the religions of the world all honor the same God, but we have different traditions and ways to express that honor. I personally like the teaching in Muslim that says to "Honor all people of the Book", as it makes it clear to followers that we all are related in faith. With understanding comes peace. For anyone that hasn't learned about Islam in depth, it is a very wonderful religion - it teaches that every person needs to be ACTIVE in righting the wrongs of the world, that every person should actively better the plight of the poor and the sick. Donating money to charity is not enough, you are to be active. Anyway, :soap

I am one step closer to working on my Blue Star afghan (pattern is in a book, BTW) as I finished the dragonfly yesterday! :woo

Julie, you're better than I am, trying it out BEFORE committing to the pattern!:clap

Well now there's an idea I never thought of :rofl :rofl

Krystal - Grats on finishing the dragonfly!!! :woo :woo

Good morning ladies :flower

Was trying to finish up my fall ghan before officially starting on this but I've got about 6 rows left on the fall ghan and I have no patience :lol Think I'll alternate between the two today. Or maybe I'll start the messenger bag :think Decisions, decisions :hook

And here's the messenger bag....

http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/The_Crocheter_s_Messenger.pdf

I love Selena's stuff :yes And she's a very nice gal to boot :D

Oh my goodness, now you've done it, :yes. Now here is something else I need to make. I started on this site with no WIP bags, I got hooked on making the 8 pocket cal, and now I just have to make this one. Of course once I empty the tubs into the bags, I'll have all this extra space.

Guess I will just have to get more yarn....:oops Did I say that? :heehee

Archived