Mailed finished October Crochetville Bag

Tampa Doll

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The colours are great! Makes me miss candy corn even more!! lol

I don't want to sound too stupid but each month I look at the Crochetville bag thread and there are always lots of messages saying whoever receives the bag is going to love it. So my question is....why do you make these every month and who do you make them for?

Thank you

This confuses a lot of people. I made the first 2 bags to thank Aunt Bubbles and Amy for all they did for C'ville. Aunt Bubbles for putting up with me asking for addresses and Amy for all the hard work she puts in on the web site. This was for Christmas.

Everyone seemed to like them, and I have a lot of fun trying to put colors together that will look good. No one in my family (except for my sister) Crochets and most do not appreciate Hand made stuff.

So I make the bags because I enjoy seeing how the bag changes with each set of colors. I do not have anyone in mind when I make them. I just ramdomly send it to someone as a RAOK.

Hope this answers the questions. :hook

It is a really beautiful bag. Isn't candy corn actually made with honey?

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

Wow, even though halloween is still a little ways off, that bags makes me think of candy corn first but also of those other candies you see like the fall mix that has candy corn and those pumpkins (just a sweet as the candy corn) and also peanut butter kisses (the candy in the orange and black wrapper).

I just made a dishcloth with a similar color but mine had a bit less orange more yellow(daisy ombre I think) , Just love the look and feel of Peaches and Cream. As usual one very pretty bag that will make one very lucky c'ville member very happy! :)

I love the colors, they are so nice and bright. What a great present that is going to be. I also like the MUMs in autmn, they were my dad's favorites, he died in October and every October I go take him some on my birthday. Thank you for bringing about some great memories with those colors.:c9

Mary Jo you're bags are all absolutely gorgeous but this one is simply

boo-ti-ful! :ghost I would like to try to make one and I remember you mentioning it was in the Victorian Charm pattern book from Lily but I went to their site and can't seem to download a pattern or place an order online for the book. Do I need to call them for it? Thanks in advance. :hug

I love the colors!!! Knowing me I would mess up the assembly somehow:D . We live for October (2nd wedding anniv.,22nd dd bday, 23rd dh bday & Halloween).

Can't wait to see the completed bag! And thanks for the chuckle, it was much needed today.:hug

Mary Jo, you are just too cute!!!:manyheart

I think that is absolutely adorable....even inspired me to pick up the hooks :hook that have been laying around because my MS is acting up!

I just love it!!:hug :hug :hug

Can't wait to see the bag finished, I love all of your bags they are amazing. Also can't wait to see who you send this one to.

There should be a sticky post where everyone that receives one of your bags posts there with pictures and a thank you. There isn't already one is there? :think

:::swoons::: Ohhhhhh, how beautiful it's going to be!!!! October is my very favorite month! They're both gone now, but my Dad's birthday was in October and my Mom's and Dad's wedding anniversary was in October, and with fall in the air, crisp nights, there are just so many pleasant things about the month to remember and think about. Fall colors are the best, and this bag is going to have GORGEOUS ones in it!! I can't wait to see it finished!

Elle

Ahhh.....all is clear now. lol Thanks so much for explaining and sorry for asking such a dim question. ;)

Every bag I've seen has been gorgeous! I wish I had half your talent as my bags come out looking a little scary still. lol

well mary jo -- it seems like you have another hit on your hands! while this bag is BEAUTIFUL in its unfinished state! and i can't wait to see it all done, my favorite is still last months bag!

keep up the good work. can't wait to see whats next!

kris

Beautiful colors you have chosen for the bag you crocheted:hook .

I love fall colors. and I like fall, but dread November coming --tells me cold weather on the way. I don't like cold weather~~~~

who ever gets the bag is gonna love the fall colors.

Archived