RamblinRoses my newest shawl design

Katchkan

This is my cross between a shawl and a stole. I was trying to get something that stays in place well but with the charm of a shawl. This is what I came up with.

I am calling it RamblinRoses.

It measures 75 inches across and 20 inches at it's longest point. This includes the ruffle.

I did it with white size 10 thread with a strand of gold metallic sewing thread. It gave it almost an almond color. It is the equivilant of a size 5 thread. I use a size 4 hook to do this one with.

Instead of fringe or beads I did a ruffle on this one.

It is very comfortable to wear.

th_RamblinRoseFS.jpgth_RamblinRose1C.jpgth_RamblinRose1d-1.jpg

th_RamblinRose1b.jpgth_RamblinRose1A.jpgth_RamblinRoseB.jpg

This design took a Honorable Mention in the CGOA 2008 Design Contest in the womens fashion division.

Rather proud of this........

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to make or wear shawls, but I still think that is a beautiful pattern. The shape is *very* attractive and unusual. Outstanding work, Kathy. I think you will make a name for yourself as a designer!

That is soooooo beautiful!!! :clap You do such beautiful work. I admire your skill so much; as a shawl newbie (I am working on just my 2nd one now), I can only hope to be soooo talented. :hook Thanks so much for sharing.

Wow! You are so talented!! It is so pretty! How long have you been crocheting? How did you become so talented?

Thank you everyone. :hug You make my day so much brighter with your kind remarks.

Wow! You are so talented!! It is so pretty! How long have you been crocheting? How did you become so talented?
I have been crocheting for over 40 years now. Threadie almost from the beginning. As for talent. That's always subject to opinion............ But Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Archived