Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

How awesome! This is totally cool....

It makes me think that before just throwing the afghans up for auction on Ebay that perhaps "someone" can make a list of the crafty places online that an email can be sent to, perhaps a couple weeks prior, to see if they'll maybe give the auction some publicity?

Places like Annie's Attic and Maggies Crochet, someplace like that?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nifty alright.... except it gives ME credit for starting this one and i DIDNT.... this one is all Angelfire. All's i did was make a hook.

Sorry, Angelfire.....

I'm so ashamed!

Jimbo

Pretty nifty alright.... except it gives ME credit for starting this one and i DIDNT.... this one is all Angelfire. All's i did was make a hook.

Sorry, Angelfire.....

I'm so ashamed!

Jimbo

No reason to be ashamed..your wonderful hooks create publicity..I think that is wonderful and your blog entry is an inspiration.

Like the actors say, "Even bad publicity is GOOD publicity... " And in this case, it's not even bad! When I read the paragraph, I didn't think it said that it was Jimbo's idea - just that Jimbo posted HIS inspiration. It said a "Great group of people" were involved... I think it's all a matter of interpretation...

For most publications I think you'd have to contact them a while in advance for it to be in print, but online places like CRAFT and MAKE could work to give publicity for the afghans to be up for auction.

I totally agree that any publicity is good publicity and in this case, it seems very clear to me that Jimbo, you're part of a team effort. I love that they told folks that the blog's just getting started so check back. I'm so excited for this to get started

Joyce

Do we still need a button? I've found some images that I think are good, if we still need a button.

Yes we do please feel free to submit

FYI I started a photobucket account for the hooking blog if you would like to use that for pictures of your squares. email me for log in info if interested.

The hook is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1193_edited.jpg

and it is a beauty to hold...so smooth and light. There is a light grain that the picture doesn't capture that is wonderful.

for those that can not read the writing it says

TRAVELING HOOK II

The "Sonny Hook"

Lets help find a Cure

from the heart

Jimbo

It will be "winging" it's way to Canada first thing Monday. And may it bring joy to those using it and comfort from those that reap the benefits of the treasures that will be created with it.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Jimbo for making the hook come to life.

Oh, wow - that looks like it's going to be a dream to work with. I can't wait to get it! Please don't tell those publications that it is going to be this much fun to do my charity work - they might not have so many accolades when they hear we're going to be using that beauty!

Jimbo's note:

TRAVELING HOOK II

The "Sonny Hook"

Lets help find a Cure

from the heart

Jimbo

The note brings tears to my eyes as did Jimbo's post on the blog. Wow! This is just so wonderful! You know' date=' more than feeling honored, privileged and all those words to be a part of this, it is a humbling experience.

And may it bring joy to those using it and comfort from those that reap the benefits of the treasures that will be created with it..

What lovely, beautiful, heartfelt words, Bonnie!

I hope I can use the picture of the hook in the button; I will try. Maybe I can work in that it's called the "Sonny Hook" and "Let's help find a CURE, From the heart!"

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to put 'em out here. I will appreciate it and I'll be watching the thread or you can pm me.

I may not be posting much (if I can keep my fingers off the keyboard!) because I have so much crocheting to do and I keep interrupting my crocheting! Can't make progress fast enough like that! But if you pm me or offer any suggestions here, I will see them. Be assured of that.

:manyheart:hug

Oh what a relief the hook got there ok and is about to begin its great adventure.

And what a great idea using the blog journal so we can all follow along on the journey.

You know its a wonderful thing you guys are doing but at least from my end, its more than rewarding to see my work go to such a worthy cause. And i have to say its really incredible to have something I made, be used by so many talented and caring hands.

Thank you all once again.

Jimbo

Oh wow! The hook is gorgeous! By each one of us using the hook, we not only are connecting for a common cause, but we are each leaving positive energy in the hook to pass on to the next user and into our squares. Gives me chill bumps!

Is it just me or does everyone have itching fingers? I can hardly wait! The hook is just gorgeous :yes . I actually got my first one in the mail yesterday. I was lucky enough to win my first Jimbo hook! I tried explaining to my husband that it is like a Mikita Saw...top of the line and priceless!!!! Happy hooking ladies! :clap

Is it just me or does everyone have itching fingers? I can hardly wait! The hook is just gorgeous :yes . I actually got my first one in the mail yesterday. I was lucky enough to win my first Jimbo hook! I tried explaining to my husband that it is like a Mikita Saw...top of the line and priceless!!!! Happy hooking ladies! :clap

Congratulations to you, Deb! How did you win the hook?

:manyheart:hug

:clap:cheer:c9:yay:hook :hook :hook:woo I am so excited, you guys! It will be on it's way on Monday! I have butterflies in my tummy!!! LOL LOL

Actually it is on it's way now. I crocheted one square today, made a case for the hook out of a combination soy/bamboo yarn( as it is anti-bacterial) and ran to the post office to put it in the mail.

LOL! :haha My husband doesn't get this either! I am excited to get my hands on the Jimbo hook! :woo

I tried explaining to my husband that it is like a Mikita Saw...top of the line and priceless!!!! Happy hooking ladies! :clap

Wow, that is one beautiful hook, and to think of the love that Jimbo put into it makes it even more special. THANKS SO MUCH JIMBO, YOU ARE THE MAN!

Oht that hook is LOVELY!! It looks alot like my hook I won, her Highness H hook, and I ADORE it...I can't wait to use this for this GREAT cause, thank you Jimbo!!

Archived