Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the order in which you will receive the hook. Of course we need to be patient until the original is done

:think OK, I give... what does "until the original is done" mean? It's late, I'm blonde, and it's just not making sense to me!

Yeah!!! I'm number one! I'm really excited and can't wait to start. Are there other Canadians in on this or am I the farthest north?

You are the only one out of the country...that is why you wll get it first. I will post when the hook is headed your way.

I think she means when the other Traveling hook is done traveling this one will start

Joyce

Correct...but that will be shortly and Jimbo is still making the hook so we will probably start in mid-late June.

A quick question - is there a yarn preference for these squares or is this a use-whatever-you-happen-to-have-on-hand project?

mostly I think we should stay away from wool but anything else that makes a 8" square is fine.

Oh, I pray the list isn't finalized yet. I truly want to be a part of this worthwhile endeavor. I lost both of my parents to cancer and have many friends and loved ones affected by cancer. Sent you an email. Thanks!

:cheerYAY! I'm #15! :clap

:ty Thank you, coolhockeymom, for putting the link to this thread in your siggy! If you hadn't done that, I would probably have missed this. If I go looking at New Posts too much, I end up being on the Ville forever!

:ty And Thank You, angelfire, for putting me in! I think keeping a journal of the travels is a marvelous idea! What would you do with the journal when it's all done? Maybe it should be given to the American Cancer Society. Or back to Jimbo!

Why can't the hook just keep travelling on and on and on and ghans can keep being made and auctioned? I realize people are needed to coordinate the hook's travels and to join the squares. I think I could coordinate the hook's travels but I'm not so sure about joining the squares.:lol How is the auction handled?

Truly, I am so thrilled to be a part of this. I just can't tell ya!

:ty Jimbo for so generously providing the hook! You are such a blessing to the rest of us!

Bless all of us who will be making squares for these ghans, too. Not trying to blow our own horns but we are giving of ourselves, our time and our talents to bless the lives of others. I will be calling my squares "prayer squares" for a "prayerghan" as I continue to pray for cures.

There is so much pain and suffering in this world caused by cancer and I pray for the patients and families affected by it and pray that our efforts will raise a sizable about of money to contribute to cancer cures.

:manyheart:hug

hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question,but here goes

what size hook is Jimbo making for this?If its larger than an H then I would need to practice to get myself close to 8 inch on the squares.

Linda

hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question,but here goes

what size hook is Jimbo making for this?If its larger than an H then I would need to practice to get myself close to 8 inch on the squares.

Linda

I requested that he make one between a H and an I. I will make sure to ask him how it is going.

I think keeping a journal of the travels is a marvelous idea! What would you do with the journal when it's all done? Maybe it should be given to the American Cancer Society. Or back to Jimbo!

Why can't the hook just keep travelling on and on and on and ghans can keep being made and auctioned? I realize people are needed to coordinate the hook's travels and to join the squares. I think I could coordinate the hook's travels but I'm not so sure about joining the squares.:lol How is the auction handled?

The journal can be decided on..yes it would be nice for Jimbo to have it, if that is what the members contributing decide.

The hook has a limited number of people because it keeps the hook moving efficiently. It can continue if it moves quicker. we can have another traveling hook when this one finishes, and I don't have a problem coordinating the travels...I have enjoyed plotting it's path.

The auction will be on E-Bay via Mission Fish which collects the money and sends it directly to the American Cancer Society. Anyone with a E-Bay account will be able to bid on it/them if we have more.

I am personally going to make several. My idea right now is to put each members name in a jar for the amount of squares they donate ie. 3 squares , your name would go in the jar 3 times. Since only one name will be drawn everyone has at least one chance of winning the hook. We could have auctioned the hook also but I think that those that are putting their prayers into their squares should be able to have a chance of sharing in the "patina" that will be left on this particular hook. Just my thoughts.

The journal can be decided on..yes it would be nice for Jimbo to have it, if that is what the members contributing decide.

I think the journal going to Jimbo, if he'd have it, would be a great idea, but that's just me. And, I'd be more than willing to contribute to this as often as possible because the ACS, I think I said, is my ONE major cause

Joyce

My idea right now is to put each members name in a jar for the amount of squares they donate ie. 3 squares , your name would go in the jar 3 times. Since only one name will be drawn everyone has at least one chance of winning the hook.

I like your idea for the drawing...certainly is fair!

We could have auctioned the hook also but I think that those that are putting their prayers into their squares should be able to have a chance of sharing in the "patina" that will be left on this particular hook. Just my thoughts.
I also like your thoughts here. It most definitely will be a very special hook for the winner.

Another thought I had about the journal is for it to go with the afghan to whoever wins the auction. Now, it becomes a tough choice for me: Jimbo or the winner of the auction. Maybe let the winner of the auction decide. If they don't want the journal (cause it may not mean anything to them depending on who wins), then it could go to Jimbo.

Also, I'd like to throw out a suggestion for the title of the journal:

THE JOURNEY BOOK

Jimbo Traveling Hook II

Hooking for a Cure for Cancer

As Recorded by

Contributing Members

of

Crochetville.org

So, whaddya think? Just throwing it out there as an idea and, of course, for any other thoughts or suggestions.

Since October, I've been a fan of a series of books in which there is a journey book. Of course it isn't used in this manner, but I liked the fashioning of the title.

Well, there *is* another option for the book:

You can donate it along with the money to the Cancer Society, or a nearby cancer hospital. That way, we could all write in there how our lives were affected by cancer, who we're working for, and our prayers...

Well, there *is* another option for the book:

You can donate it along with the money to the Cancer Society, or a nearby cancer hospital. That way, we could all write in there how our lives were affected by cancer, who we're working for, and our prayers...

Krystal, That sounds like a great idea, Pretty much what I was thinking. I was gonna say it could go with the afghan, but if the person who wins the afghan doesn't donate it to such a place, the meaning of it might be lost.

Archived