Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me know if you need more.....How will we know when the hook is on its way to us?? I hope I am home and don't hold it up.....worried......

I will pm each person as soon as the one with the hook is finished each time. I will not have them send the hook until I receive a reply that the next person will be home to receive it. If you happen to be on the road, I will send to the next person and have them send it back to you when they are finished, I will make sure that all members have the opportunity even if it has to take a small detour...after all we are all used to the detours in life.

Thanks, we are home every 8 days for 7 days so I am hoping it falls on our home days. I have already started some squares. I want to make at least 10, I have already made two white ( just because I had the yarn with me), I want to make two of each of orange, for my friend with leukemia, pink for breast cancer, since I have had two scares, blue for postrate since my dad died of that, peach for uterine since my mom had it last year and kelly green for kidney since my dad lost a kidney to that....

Question---I have never done this before so bare with me:

Do we mark the squares with info? I know we send to you and send the hook on to the next person, right? Is there a limit and they don't have to be made with hook right?? I have been makeing squares in my spare time and want to send them with the squares I make with the hook, ok? I am using the same size hook.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I always want to do what is right.. TIA

:clap :clap THE HOOK PASSED THROUGH CANADIAN CUSTOMS YESTERDAY @ 4:56 pm so Reneva should be receiving it soon :clap :clap

Vonnie, you may make as many squares as you would like. Please label the ones made with the Jimbo hook though because though all will go into a photobucket I would like to put the ones made with the hook on the blog. I am also making extra squares as I know a couple others are. All will be assembled and auctioned the same way on Mission Fish.

Anticipation..... Anticipation.... !!!!!!

I know, lol! Every day I'm disappointed, but immediately I start hoping for the next day!:emptymail

I am getting nervous..I didn't think it would take so long after clearing customs. Silly me wants to take it around the country and hand deliver it:yes I am like a nervous father in the waiting room...oh my:eek

:yay:cheer IT'S HERE!!!:cheer:yay

The hook arrived in the mail today!! It's soooo gorgeous. The pictures didn't do it justice. And Angelfire made a beautiful soft case for it. The hook is deceivingly light for it's size. I do a double take everytime I pick it up (not that I've put it down much!). I keep thinking it should be heavier than it is. It fits perfectly in my hand, like it was made for me. I've never used a wooden hook before and I can't wait to try it out --so I won't!! Thanks Jimbo, it's perfect! And thanks Angelfire for including me on the list! Bye!:hook:manyheart:hook

Thanks Rayleen... you know its interesting. The hook got its start in Canada. So did I. I was born in Rossland BC! So i'm hoping you post a picture of your work in the blog. I think you can do that? Or if you can't you can pm Angelfire or me and either of us for sure can.

Wahoo!! Great to see the little hook on it great adventure!.

Jimbo

Oh, I sure do hope that everyone will post pics of their squares on the blog! I want to see!!!

Also, can you please put in what colors and brands of yarn you're using, in case I might want to use some of the same brands and colors so that these afghan coordinate a little bit? Having colors that match makes the assembly all the more easier!

Hi everyone!

I've got three and a half squares done so far, they're very....blue, lol. It's my favourite colour so that's mostly what my stash is made of. One of my squares is a light teal-y-blue, one is teal-y, white and navy, one is navy and white and the last one I graphed. It's my first ever for that sort of thing, I really hope you all like it. It's white with pink lettering. I've got plans for a couple more graphed squares, but I might send them later, as I can't use Sonny's hook for them, I needed a smaller one so the carried yarn wouldn't show through as badly. I will definitly try to figure out how to post my pics on the TH II blog.

Jimbo - I'm born and raised here on the southern Saskatchewan prairies, but I did once live in Logan Lake, B.C. for about ten months in 2000. It's right up in the mountains about 40 mins from Kamloops. Everyone there seemed to think it was real funny that when they asked me what I thought of the mountains I said "They're nice, but you can't see anything." It made perfect sense to me! So you know what I mean, these pics were taken this past evening from the yard at my parents' farm - all within the space of an hour. All pics are clickable.

th_DSC00944.jpg th_DSC00951.jpg th_DSC00958.jpg

Tha last one is a little blurry cuz it was taken by my dd. The license plates in Saskatchewan say "The Land of the Living Skies" and days like today prove that true. A couple of hours after this when I was on my way home I was able to watch a gorgeous lightning show.

I know this post is getting extremely long, but I thought you all might get a kick out of the fact that I took Sonny's hook to the Canada day celebrations yesterday. Here's what I was working on:

th_July1-2007013.jpg

After it got too dark to crochet, we saw this:

th_July1-2007031.jpg

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

Oh, and in response to Krystal16 - the white, navy and pink are all Red Heart Soft Touch (with the butterfly on the label) which is becoming a favourite of mine, and the teal-y colour is an Red Heart Kids "Jade" I borrowed from my Tetris afghan stash.

I also checked out your blog and noticed that - shamefully - you have received no daisy squares from Saskatchewan!! I'll do my best to rectify that as soon as I've got Sonny's hook moving again.

Wow those pictures are beautiful...I am jealous.

I only have a few more minutes on this computer but I did want to say that I have special squares from TxCrochetlover and cluless, Daisy and coolhockeymom

:cry

The hook is gone,

I've sent it on.

Darlene will have it before long.

I've enjoyed having it here

Now I'll go and drink a beer.

(It's hot out.)

:whew:sweat

(And it will probably be iced tea, but that didn't rhyme:devil )

I'll post in the blog and have pics up soon. It should reach it's destination in seven days. I'll be tracing it two or three times a day, I'm sure. lol

Keep on hookin' :hook

Archived