Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The squares I have been receiving for the special project have been wonderful...I can't wait to see the rest and get it put together. :manyheart

I still have three members that haven't accepted their invitations to author the blog...please accept these as without them you will not be able to put your enrty into the virtual journal :(

Me, too. With everything else I've had going on, I've been afraid I'd miss out on being a part of it.:eek And I surely do want my contribution in there!

I made a couple of squares while on vacation. I finished one completely, and have another I have to add some more to since I ran out of yarn!

Sonny's hook is back in the US! I just ran a trace. Um, maybe not so impressive considering it took 3 days whan I could have driven to the border in a little over half an hour!! Oh well, it's on its way, I'll keep you all updated.

Sonny's hook is back in the US! I just ran a trace. Um, maybe not so impressive considering it took 3 days whan I could have driven to the border in a little over half an hour!! Oh well, it's on its way, I'll keep you all updated.

I think it would be kinda fun to hand deliver the hook each place to the next hooker! But, that isn't feasible, I know, just dreaming! :manyheart

I think it would be kinda fun to hand deliver the hook each place to the next hooker! But, that isn't feasible, I know, just dreaming! :manyheart

Good idea and if it was going to CA instead of ID I might be able to, but alas, it isn't:blush I am so anxious to get it and get to making squares, I have my yarn already:yarn :yarn

Just got home from picking up the mail. Strange shipping box with LOTS OF TAPE --- or maybe I was just excited but its HERE! It's so smooth and beautiful. Have to pick up DH at work and cannot wait to get back and start another square. I'll hurry I promise, and get it on its way in a day or two. You'll love it. Darlene

Just got home from picking up the mail. Strange shipping box with LOTS OF TAPE --- or maybe I was just excited but its HERE! It's so smooth and beautiful. Have to pick up DH at work and cannot wait to get back and start another square. I'll hurry I promise, and get it on its way in a day or two. You'll love it. Darlene

That is great. It is a lovely hook isn't it? :hook It is great that it arrived in only five days from Canada. I know of a package that was sent priority mail in the US last Tuesday and isn't there yet...:eek Have fun.:yes

I will be waiting to recieve it in Oregon!!:c9 I will be home,:clap my yarn is already,:cheer:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn I don't plan on doing anything but crochet squares while I have the hook:hook Let me know when it leaves:yay :yay WA, it won't take long to get to me:yay

This is off the subject of the hook's travels but I thought I'd see if I could get some help from you guys for the button for this project.

DH and I designed a button that both angelfire and jimbo have seen and like. But I've had to write to 3 organizations to get approval to use 3 copyrighted images.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear back from these organizations but who knows when and if they'll even answer. I'll list the links to the images below so you can see what I've used. If you guys have the talent to draw anything similar or you know someone who could help us out, then please go for it and let me know.

http://www.billmiller.net/pics/us_canada.gif - Hawaii and Alaska have been edited out of the map

http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/Halloween/images/small_feather_wings.JPG

- The straps have been edited out of the image.

http://www.braceletsforlife.com/files/1739500/uploaded/ist2_457858_awareness_in_the_round_individually_shaded_vector_ribbons.jpg

What we ended up with is the map with the image of the ribbons off to the left side. I put the wings on the jimbo hook, rotated that, and placed it on top of the map. The title, of course, says "Traveling Hook II, Hooking for a Cure". So, basically it shows the hook with wings flying over the country with the circle of ribbons off to the left.

If anyone knows about how to obtain these permissions, please speak up! I solicited AmyS's help and she thinks that maybe the images of the map and the wings are stock images and these companies may not even be able to give the permissions. Hopefully, they will tell us where to write to obtain the permissions.

So, if anyone has anything, please pm me. Most likely I will not be able to keep up with the thread. Thank you!

:manyheart:hug

The squares I have been receiving for the special project have been wonderful...I can't wait to see the rest and get it put together. :manyheart

I still have three members that haven't accepted their invitations to author the blog...please accept these as without them you will not be able to put your enrty into the virtual journal :(

My special squares were delayed and then I went on vacation. I will be sending those end of this week. Sorry

Joyce

It was such a pleasure to work with and I'm a bit sad to see it go out in todays mail to Oregon. Wish I could hand deliver it but it's a little over a five hour drive one way! So, boxed, labeled and waiting for the post office to open. Squares drying/blocking. They will go out tomorrow.

So, the hook is on its way to me!!!!! :clap :clap I have my yarn already and am excited to get started:hook :yarn:hook I will let you all know when it makes it way to Oregon!!!:yay

Yes, Vonnie...it is coming your way soon....I am so glad it is going to arrive at the perfect time...it is a beauty and very hard to send on because it is so warm and fun to use.

Wow, you are fast, DH just brought the mail in and IT'S HERE:cheer :cheer So I came in to tell you and you have already updated, do you have a GPS locator on this hook:think LOL..... And we were going to run off together, but guess I better not, you will be able to find us. :eek :eek

I am starting right now and will be crocheting tonight and tomorrow, the hook will go out on Friday.....to???????????????????? I guess you will PM me??

This is a great hook, It is very light and VERY PRETTY.

Wow, do you have a GPS locator on this hook:think LOL

This is a great hook, It is very light and VERY PRETTY.

No I checked the tracking number and noticed it arrived in Oregon @ 2 am I didn't know you had it...that is great.:manyheart though GPS tracking is an idea

Archived