What if they banned crochet ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they banned crocheting, I'd just go on to one of my other crafts. The problem would come in if they banned ALL crafts.

I'd hafta go underground and hope I didn't get caught!

I'd join you as an underground crocheter :lol:lol

I can't give it up. When I broke my wrist I found a way to continue crocheting. I'd hate to think of a world with no crocheting.

I would break the law! :devil

Honestly, I can't figure any situations in which that would ever be the case, though. :think I guess if it really did happen for any reason, I would take up knitting.

hmmmmmmm, I'd be an underground crocheter too! haha:hook I've always been kinda a rebel, so why not in my crocheting too---:lol (goodness, that is an awful thought tho, isn't it?:ohdear) ..................................Lise

Ohh would I be in big trouble. There is no way I am giving up my addiction. Other crafts are fine but they just aren't the same.

So I guess I would be joining everyone in prison too. I hope they put us all in the same prison. Then we could unravel our knit sweaters sent to us by our loving families and hand crochet scarves long enough to escape.

Then we could start a crocheter rebellion. Down with knitting!!! Up with crochet....... !!!!!!

Oh excuse me, I got caught up in the moment..............:blush

:hook UNDERGROUND CROCHETERS :hook

:hug UNITE NOW:hug

while there's still time to

stock up our supplies

create trade routes

learn to smuggle yarn unobtrusively

create a secret handshake

and meetings

underground groups gotta have meetings

Who's with me?

This is absolutely ridiculous and has caused me to get up on my :soap ! That was insulting and it makes me :angry !

What kind of person would ask a question like that! She must be a :devil, :loco, a:loser, :huh I don't normally use this word but that's just downright a stupid question! The normal, natural thing to do is to ask you what you're making and say how beautiful it is, right?

That lady is no lady! She must be cruel and inhuman to say that! And then the unmitigated gall to laugh? :thumbdown I just don't believe it! I mean, really! hrmpgh!

Where are you? Is she asking for trouble! We're just all gonna have to come after her and give her some.:box :trymeYou better warn her! We'll all go after her with our :hook. You guys with me?

Disclaimer Clause: If any of you take me seriously, I'll disclaim it! heehee!

But I really mean some of it! That was a ridiculous question! I do declare!

:manyheart:hug

UNDERGROUND CROCHETERS

UNITE NOW

while there's still time to

stock up our supplies

create trade routes

learn to smuggle yarn unobtrusively

create a secret handshake

and meetings

underground groups gotta have meetings

Who's with me?

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl :rofl

We don't have to do any of that...we just have to go beat her up! I'm really not a fighting person, but don't be messing with my crochet!

....I would be joining everyone in prison too. I hope they put us all in the same prison. Then we could unravel our knit sweaters sent to us by our loving families and hand crochet scarves long enough to escape.

Then we could start a crocheter rebellion. Down with knitting!!! Up with crochet....... !!!!!!

Oh excuse me, I got caught up in the moment..............:blush

No, No, No! No prison for us Freedom Crocheters! We'll never allow it to become illegal. You guys gotta adjust your thinking! Fight! Fight! Fight!

But I love what you said about unraveling the knit sweaters and crocheting scarves long enough to escape! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I'll join all of you in the underground crochet movement!! I'll build a secret hiding place for my stash so when the yarn police come they won't be able to find it! We can crochet "secret weapons" to use against the anti=crochet dictator that started the anti-crochet movement. We can wrap him up in crochet scarves to hold him and tickle him with fun fur "tickle sticks" till he gives in to our demands! If that dosen't work we can try plan B. Cuteness overload!! No one can resist the sweet little animals and baby things that we can crochet.------------heheheheheeeeeeeeeeeee

We'll rule the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops ---- sorry I get excited------------:D

Oh let's not panic.

We can just give crocheting a different name ( what was the Scottish term that came up on another thread, or maybe in a different language... how do you say crochet in Polish) and just keep on creating wonderful stuff and getting our stress busting fix.

People ignorant enough to suggest banning crochet probably can't tell it from knitting or tatting or maybe even sewing.

I am not comfortable with suggestions about beating her up. I guess as a child of the 60's I would look for retaliation in a less violent mode. Can we flood her maibox with granny squares? Can we bury her under shawls and afghans?

It is nice to see so many people so passionate about their craft/art.

Archived