Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Thanks for the color suggestions for my RR! I wrote my post too fast the other night because I was afraid the internet would shut down in me before I was finished typing :eek So I did leave out some info...I have been making my RR with leftover RHSS yarns I had on hand but did have to buy more black. I like the watermelon suggestion but don't think they have it in RHSS :no I don't want to use other brands mixed in because then the afghan won't lay right.

The only purples I have are either too dark or too light.

nss - I really like the way your RR came out, I really like the extra points on it!! :hook

Finally finished my Starghan and did 6 VA Tech squares. Also went over the weekend to move one of my sons home from college for the summer.

So now I can give my "football game" RR my full attention. No overlapping projects this time! I started with nine rows of navy, using Caron pounders. It will be navy and orange with a little white, my son's school colors. But the white was not Caron...it was a pounder from my stash, and I don't like the feel of it. So off to AC Moore later today. The pounders are on sale for $3.44 this week.

:manyheart The Round Ripples you ladies are coming up with are beautiful and beyond.

Here's picts of the second RR I've done with this peaches+cream cotton.

th_100_1028.jpg

th_100_1027.jpg

(clicky)

Crochetingfool :sun helped me get the extra points into this,,since I obviously can't follow directions the added points are shorter,,but it's ok, I guess

The main thing is,,it's finally done:)

The rest of this yarn is going in the bottom of:headache the back of-:yell under a pile of:sofunny anything I can find to keep it out of my sight!!!

Iyiyi,,,Thanks for lookin;)

I think it turned out great! Maybe you need to do a double treble to start on row 16. Everyone's gauge is different. I think it looks neat with the smaller humps...hehehehe

Linda :sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

Thanks Linda :nworthy

Thank you!!! mikki +stormy

Next I need to do this kinda quick:eek Only 2 colors,,it's gonna be pretty plain, any brillant ideas:idea This is going to be for a boy baby with a very special story,,,I probably need permission before I start :blah :blah

th_100_1033.jpg

specialK--Can't wait to see your RR's

stormy- you could always us a bright varigated yarn with mixture of those colors or do 1 row of each color and a row of black in between and then start the colors over again in regular order.

I started working on the Spiderman RR tonight. I'm only on round 8 at the moment. While I was at Walmart buying the yarn, I also bought a spiderman pillow. The afghan and pillow are going to be my youngest nephew's Christmas gift. He will be 4 by the time Christmas gets here.

Juli

Hi Ladies. everyone's RR are just so pretty!!! :cheer

I'm done with my spidyghan and I have started to put the webs on. I'm not so sure i'm doing it right. Can someone that has done one tell me. Do you do the web clear to the center. I need to see a good picture of one. i will have to look back thru the postings I know there is some in here some place :think You ladies are doing just great work.

Welcome to anyone who has joined us in the past few days. Keep those picturs coming in. :yay

I recently sent my nephew a spiderghan. since he is still a baby I was also able to find some spiderman booties...this is a great time to be shopping for spidey gear!! I'm sure your nephew will love it!

I started working on the Spiderman RR tonight. I'm only on round 8 at the moment. While I was at Walmart buying the yarn, I also bought a spiderman pillow. The afghan and pillow are going to be my youngest nephew's Christmas gift. He will be 4 by the time Christmas gets here.

Juli

Hi Judy,

I did mine all the way to the center (pg. 83, post 829). Hope this helps!!

Hi Ladies. everyone's RR are just so pretty!!! :cheer

I'm done with my spidyghan and I have started to put the webs on. I'm not so sure i'm doing it right. Can someone that has done one tell me. Do you do the web clear to the center. I need to see a good picture of one. i will have to look back thru the postings I know there is some in here some place :think You ladies are doing just great work.

Welcome to anyone who has joined us in the past few days. Keep those picturs coming in. :yay

crochetingfool - I really like the second one! What pattern is it ?

This is the round ripple pattern from Mary Maxim. I first bought a baby afghan pattern, then two others from Mary Maxim and was I surprised when the only difference in the pattern is the yarn used.

When you use a variegated color of yarn or any of these new yarns that make their own pattern it makes this round ripple look different.

The gray variegated is called 'Marble' from the Mary Maxim catalog.

I'll have to admit I changed the one pattern and went from 12 points to 24 points. All I did was increase with treble stitches inbetween the points to make 24 points.

Linda :sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

This is the round ripple pattern from Mary Maxim. I first bought a baby afghan pattern, then two others from Mary Maxim and was I surprised when the only difference in the pattern is the yarn used.

When you use a variegated color of yarn or any of these new yarns that make their own pattern it makes this round ripple look different.

The gray variegated is called 'Marble' from the Mary Maxim catalog.

I'll have to admit I changed the one pattern and went from 12 points to 24 points. All I did was increase with treble stitches inbetween the points to make 24 points.

Thanks for the tips! :manyheart

Hi ladies,

Well I just finished my Spideyghan,:cheer now I have to start another. I think I'd rather be making the more colorful ones but I know the grandsons will just love them. I will post a picture later in the day. I'm charging batteries right now for the camera.Hope your all having a great day.:hug

Great round ripples everyone!! :hook

I have been working on one for the past couple of weeks. I've just been working on it between other projects. I'm going for bright! Though it does look better in person than it shows in the pic. :) I think I will do about 2 more bright color sections, I have orange but can't find another bright color that I am not already using :think Any ideas?

DSC03452.jpg

Hi Stormy

Red Heart doesn't have watermelon, but would light rasberry be close enough:think they have it in the super saver skeins...

These things are addictive. I've started another. This one has a red and cream color scheme. Really just rh skeins lying around the house that needed to be used up. Almost done, a couple more rows and weaving in lots of ends.

I must say, the last few rows are torture. They never seem to end!

:( I messed up last night, i am trying to do this baby round ripple afghan as a spiderman and i can not get this pattern. Its a fight for me. i want to do this and its driving me crazy. i don't have time for this. i need to get these 2 made. its so frustrating, i am only 6 months int crocheting. I will be bald soon!

debinmtns

Hi Carol!

I was at walmart yesterday and picked up a skien of Shocking Pink. It looks a lot like raspberry :) I think it should go well with the other colors and it's different than the other pink I already used.

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/317191.html

Hi Stormy

Red Heart doesn't have watermelon, but would light rasberry be close enough:think they have it in the super saver skeins...