Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Love your colors could I please ask you how did you do the edging? I am working on two for mothers day and would love to put this edging on them . Happy crocheting

Lov2Crochet

Your round ripple is so pretty, & bright!!, & you did a great job on the scallop edging too:yay :hook

:clap Ladies I went away for two days and came back to see what everyone was up to. WOW :ghug You ladies are great that is all I can say. Love all the different colors and love the thoughts that are going through everyones head to make changes to the rr. I will be posting my 5th one soon. have two to get ready for mothers day glad they work up fast. Keep up the great work.

Finally finished my spiderghan:yay I think it took me just as long to do the webbing and crab stitch as it did for the body! Thank you to Amanda and SueB for your tips! Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It measures 62" from point to point!

spidermanfinal2.jpg

spidermanfinal.jpg

This one measures about 33" so far...

purpleripple.jpg

Everyone have a great day!! It's a beautiful day here in Chicagoland so I'm off to get me some more of these:

DSC02320.jpg

I'll check in when I get home later!!

Hi Carol, I was wondering if you could share how you made your 16 point RR and and also if you can share how you did your scolloped edge. I went to your blog and seen your rainbow all finished and I just loved it. But I noticed also that you had made a sixteen point and I would love to do one how did you start it to make 16 points? I'n doing a spidyghan now but when it's done I would love to make a 16 point. Thank You In Advance :-)

Hi SouthernJudy

I made the scalloped edging the way Chrome Kitty did, & here is the link!! hers is so pretty!!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49408

I want to pm you & ask you a question

Julie~As promised here is my UGLY rr. Please keep in mind I made it 10 years ago & my skills were not as good. As you can see the points are all off, one actually looks straight from one to the next. :lol And the colors are hideous but like I said I had to use what people gave me back then. ;) Now you have officially seen your first UGLY rr. :lol

(clickable)

th_100_0360.jpg

th_100_0359.jpg

<a href=th_BlueRR.jpg' alt='th_BlueRR.jpg'> Here is a pix of my Round Ripple. I used a J hook and Bernat Super Value in medium and lite navy. Also use RHSS in Shaded Dusk and a little bit of white. It is 70 inches across. I crocheted 37 rows and 1 row of hdc to finish. Now have 3 of these done for Christmas Gifts. Have to make at least 3 more.

this is beatiful! I love how you used the varigated yarn as a highlight...it really brings out the other color shades!:cheer

<a href=th_BlueRR.jpg' alt='th_BlueRR.jpg'> Here is a pix of my Round Ripple. I used a J hook and Bernat Super Value in medium and lite navy. Also use RHSS in Shaded Dusk and a little bit of white. It is 70 inches across. I crocheted 37 rows and 1 row of hdc to finish. Now have 3 of these done for Christmas Gifts. Have to make at least 3 more.

sorry if i answerd the question

the trick to make any number of points for a round ripple

first make a circle chain (4 or 5) close it

chain3 (as 1st dc) +15 dc , join with sl st <<<this is for making the afghan you want (so the total of the dc`s of this round must equal the number of the points you want)

row2: ch3 , dcin the same st , 2dc in each dc , join by sl st

then complete the rest of the pattern as its written ;)

I make my rr different, then most of the patterns say to, I start & end in the tip,

Thankyou so much for answering my question. That was simple enough. I'm one of those people I have to have directions LOl hope you didn't think I was a crochet dummie LOLOLOL Maybe i need the book called Crochet For Dummies LOLOL I'm being silly. Thankyou so much .

SouthernJudy

You are not a dummy,:hug

Hi SouthernJudy

I made the scalloped edging the way Chrome Kitty did, & here is the link!! hers is so pretty!!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49408

I want to pm you & ask you a question

Thanks so much for your help Carol. I did get your messages too. And pm me anytime :-)

SouthernJudy:clap :hug

:day:ty:flower

I wanted to share the rr I've been working on

The tips on this rr don't curl, it's just the way I set it up to take a picture of it, I was in a hurry:think :no:yes:manyheart:hook

*CLICKABLE*

th_WhiteRasberryRoundRipple02.jpg

Everyone's RRs are so pretty!

I finished my first last night and started the spiderman for my son.

486951722_b4155fbbaa.jpg

486951732_8cfd6b2c64_m.jpg

I don't know what happened in the begining, but it isn't laying flat in the center :think . It has started to lay flat as the rounds get added, so I'll do a few more and see, may have to start over.

486951722_b4155fbbaa.jpg

I don't know what happened in the begining, but it isn't laying flat in the center :think . It has started to lay flat as the rounds get added, so I'll do a few more and see, may have to start over.

I love your colors , very pretty. Not sure what happen to your center.Maybe needle size. And also I noticed in the picture it's only 9 points from what i can count from the picture.

Oh wow!! I don't stop in too check for a few days and wow!!! There are sooo many beautiful RR's. I finished up my scrap one. :) And I am still working on another one.

Here is the scrap one.

025.jpg

I'm loving these RR's. I'm on row 21 of my spideyghan. I've already bought yarn to make a rainbow RR. I'm using simply soft for both.

486951722_b4155fbbaa.jpg

Hi CrochetinClara

I like your round ripples, they are very pretty, & the top one you did a nice job:yay , the bottom one, I don't know what pattern you are using, but maybe it could be the thickness of the yarn:think

I don't know if you wanted a 9 point round ripple, but that's what I count, and if the yarn seems a little thicker, you might want to use a bigger hook,

just trying to help

I visited your blog, & it's nice!!

Carol, Thank you! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I just saw your question. It is Caron Simply Soft Brites Blue Mint and just the regular CSS Black.

Thank you for getting back to me, I just love that color:manyheart

486951722_b4155fbbaa.jpg

Great job! I love the yellow, blue and white RR... the colors are so bright and refreshing! Reminds me of lemonade on a hot summer day... ;):tup

I had to take some time away for another project but I finally ran out of yarn on this tonight! It's not very big but I was just trying to use up leftover yarn. I think this one is mine!

purplerr.jpg