Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I've been admiring all of the beautiful round ripple afghans here. I have two going right now and thought I'd post WIP pics. I'm going on medical leave for six weeks starting this week, so I hope to finish these while I'm home.

Candy

This one is made with RHSS in Ocean, and will be only this color:

ocean.jpg

This one is my version of a Rainbow Ripple using up all of my Caron Simply Soft Brites yarn. It will look better once I get the green, blue, and purple on it! I'm doing 5 rounds of each color with 2 rounds of black in between them. I did something like 7 or 8 rounds with the first color, and 5 rounds with the rest:

rainbow.jpg

They look nice!! I was wondering just last night what an all variegated would like. Thanks for posting a photo of one.

cancrochet

I like your round ripples, they are pretty:manyheart I've always like ocean colored yarn!!

Your rainbow ripple is very pretty, you have it well planned out, & your doing a great job:c9

Our move is almost complete and I have internet again!! I haven't done much crocheting this past week (except for dishcloths/washcloths for our new place). I started this rug last night. I am using Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn in White, Royal and Soft Blue. It is a 2 strander. I am on row 14 and it is 23 Inches point to point right now. It is hard to see in the pic but I am using white with the 2 shades of blue. I'm not sure which room this one will go in.

th_rug3.jpg

clickable

I completed my 2nd RR last night, yay! It measures 64" from point to point.

DSC02912.jpg

Lov2Crochet

Your round ripple is so pretty, & bright!!, & you did a great job on the scallop edging too:yay :hook

Our move is almost complete and I have internet again!! I haven't done much crocheting this past week (except for dishcloths/washcloths for our new place). I started this rug last night. I am using Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn in White, Royal and Soft Blue. It is a 2 strander. I am on row 14 and it is 23 Inches point to point right now. It is hard to see in the pic but I am using white with the 2 shades of blue. I'm not sure which room this one will go in.

th_rug3.jpg

clickable

Mel

I like your rr rug, it's very pretty, you're doing a good job!!

Hi, heres my first round ripple. I finally got my film developed. I used red heart blue, spring green, and banana berry. I used the sew on fire pattern and used size f hook and crocheted 37 rounds. It measures 61-inches point to point. I'm not too good of at taking pictures, theres always a ghost in the corner, I call him thumpkin. th_327028-R1-19-20A_020.jpg

th_327028-R1-18-18A_019.jpg

Champy

Your rr looks so good, I never thought to use an F hook, you did a great job :hook I use the sew on fire pattern also.

These round ripples are so beautiful! :manyheart It's going to be so hard to decide on my next color scheme. I love the sand and green colors together that Julie is doing...I also love the green and pinks...and the one with the yellow and purple...then there's the one with the yellow and red...I'm never going to be able to pick one for myself to do! :lol

I didn't have much crochet time this week, but here's where I'm at so far:

th_GeorgiesRR05.jpg

(Clickable)

Once I finish this round of blue mint, I will do 7 rounds of black...and then attempt to add the granny squares! I'm hoping to get the 7 rounds and the granny squares done this weekend and then work on adding them in next week.

That's the plan anyway! :yes

itsteegee

Your round ripple is so very pretty:cheer , I love the colors you're using:clap you said that you're using blue mint?? what is the brand name on the label ?

Morning ladies

I have been coming in here almost every day to see the photos you all are showing. They are all lovely !

Anyhow, I just started a round ripple the other day and thought I'd share my progress so far .

I have no idea yet how big I'll make it or who it's for, but here it is :

th_100_2967.jpg

Hi JulieKay

I like your round ripple you are doing a nice job on it:c9 I like the colors too:flower

Hi Ladies,

I just finished my RR, let me know what ya think ;)

I ran out of Yellow at the end and didn't get to put as many rows as I would have liked to but I think it's still ok. It measures 64 inches point to point. Whew!! four of these in a month I'm going to take a couple days off before I start another. :lol

Everyones RR look just great. And a very warm welcome to any new ladies that has joined us. :hug here is my picture.

DSC00243.jpg

Your round ripple is great:cheer I like your color combo!! nice job:yay :manyheart Be Proud:hook

I've been admiring all of the beautiful round ripple afghans here. I have two going right now and thought I'd post WIP pics. I'm going on medical leave for six weeks starting this week, so I hope to finish these while I'm home.

Candy

This one is made with RHSS in Ocean, and will be only this color:

ocean.jpg

This one is my version of a Rainbow Ripple using up all of my Caron Simply Soft Brites yarn. It will look better once I get the green, blue, and purple on it! I'm doing 5 rounds of each color with 2 rounds of black in between them. I did something like 7 or 8 rounds with the first color, and 5 rounds with the rest:

rainbow.jpg

Oh wow I like all your RR's And I'n realyy enjoyed the pictures of your plants. YOu must live where the weather is perfect for them.

cancrochet

I like your round ripples, they are pretty:manyheart I've always like ocean colored yarn!!

Your rainbow ripple is very pretty, you have it well planned out, & your doing a great job:c9

Hi Carol, I was wondering if you could share how you made your 16 point RR and and also if you can share how you did your scolloped edge. I went to your blog and seen your rainbow all finished and I just loved it. But I noticed also that you had made a sixteen point and I would love to do one how did you start it to make 16 points? I'n doing a spidyghan now but when it's done I would love to make a 16 point. Thank You In Advance :-)

Hi Carol, I was wondering if you could share how you made your 16 point RR and and also if you can share how you did your scolloped edge. I went to your blog and seen your rainbow all finished and I just loved it. But I noticed also that you had made a sixteen point and I would love to do one how did you start it to make 16 points? I'n doing a spidyghan now but when it's done I would love to make a 16 point. Thank You In Advance :-)

sorry if i answerd the question

the trick to make any number of points for a round ripple

first make a circle chain (4 or 5) close it

chain3 (as 1st dc) +15 dc , join with sl st <<<this is for making the afghan you want (so the total of the dc`s of this round must equal the number of the points you want)

row2: ch3 , dcin the same st , 2dc in each dc , join by sl st

then complete the rest of the pattern as its written ;)

chain3 (as 1st dc) +15 dc , join with sl st <<<this is for making the afghan you want (so the total of the dc`s of this round must equal the number of the points you want)

Thankyou so much for answering my question. That was simple enough. I'm one of those people I have to have directions LOl hope you didn't think I was a crochet dummie LOLOLOL Maybe i need the book called Crochet For Dummies LOLOL I'm being silly. Thankyou so much .

Wow I knew it had to be something simple but I couldn't have figured that out on my own either. Thank you so much for the directions and thank you Judy for asking the question.

My Spiderman RR is coming along very nicely. I'm up to row 24. I've noticed that the tips of my points are curling up. Is this normal? What do you do to keep this from happening?

judy and donna

you are more than welcom :)

Laurie

is all the corner of the tip is starting to curl??

if so then the trick is to mak 2 rows of double v stich in the tip (2dc - ch2 -2dc) and 1 row in single v stich (dc - ch2 -dc) that should hold it straight

Heather

i hope you`ll end all of your projects soon

for who you are making the spiderman RR? do you have a son??

Hi GrandmaB, I have a question for you. I love your RR it looks like it has no add in squares. Is there a way of adding more points with out add in squares? Or is it that I can't see it cause they blend in so well :-) If there is a way to do it with out add in's would you share it with me Please!!! Please!!! Yours is so pretty.

Southern Judy Hi I'm in the process of trying to write down the instructions for how I added the fill-in points will try to post them soon. I'm back to work now so may take me awhile to post them.

Thank you everyone for all the nice compliments on my RR.

Everyone is doing a great job. They are all so pretty every time I think I find a favorite color scheme someone comes up with a new one.

My spider-ghan is growing fast, although now that I'm back to work it will probably come to a stand still for awhile. I will try and post a picture soon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Well, that's what I've been doing -- alternating 2 rows and then 1 row. Here's a photo.

It may be a little hard to see the curl in the photo because there isn't a lot of shadow. But if you will notice, the afghan is looking round with no points.

itsteegee

Your round ripple is so very pretty:cheer , I love the colors you're using:clap you said that you're using blue mint?? what is the brand name on the label ?

Carol, Thank you! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I just saw your question. It is Caron Simply Soft Brites Blue Mint and just the regular CSS Black.

Love your colors they remind me of my NY mets colors this is going to be one of my color for my son as a birthday present in Sept. He is a big mets fan also . Is the yarn red heart? Great job love it.:clap

This is an RR that I just finished for a young man at my husband's church who has gone on his mission. My stepdaughter asked him for his three favorite colors, and he said "blue, orange, and ..... purple." So I raided my stash of royal, deep plum, and flourescent orange, and this is how it turned out!

DSC01337.jpg

I wasn't sure about the color combo at first, but I'm very pleased with the results. The outer row of blue is one round of sc, then a row of reverse sc (crab stitch). I'm sure he'll appreciate his "hug" from our family. Oh, and it's 62" from point to point.