Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Everyone's round ripples are beautiful.

I thought I'd post a pic of my latest project. Earlier this evening I finished my DD's second 2 strand round ripple Rug. These work up so soft, thick and so fast. She can't decide which one she likes the best. It is 36" point to point and is 22 rows. Now she has the new rugs she wanted for her new room at our new place when we move.

th_HillyRug2.jpg

clickable

Hey Mel! That's pretty! What yarn and color(s) did you use? And you said you used a double strand? I bet that does work up quickly?

:manyheart:hug

Has anyone here done a gallery of all the RR's? If someone knows how to do that, that would be terrific! I've been trying to do one for the Spring Time Mystery Thread Cal and haven't made much headway. I really don't know what I'm doing! :lol

I finally got to start the spiderman one for my grandson last night. I had to rip out about 3 rows because I discovered I didn't read the pattern carefully enough and it was starting to ruffle. That row of 1 dc, ch2, 1 dc got me. My brain read it as 2 dc, ch2, 2 dc. It's coming along great now.

Wow Ladies!! Pretty, pretty, pretty! Honey, I love that bright yellow center on yours. I've got 4 rows left on my spiderman...hope to finish tonight or tomorrow!!

Keep up the great work!

Hey Mel! That's pretty! What yarn and color(s) did you use? And you said you used a double strand? I bet that does work up quickly?

Thank you! Yes, this is a 2 strander. I used Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn' in white, Yarn Bee Soft Delights in the colors of Fuchsia and Dark Blue. I used a size J hook, so it would be thick with fewer 'holes'. It worked up very fast. I made 2 36" rugs in less than 3 days. I can't wait to take then to the new place tomorrow and put them in her bathroom for her.

hello

i allready have a round ripple want to finish it for my husband :) it should reach 70'' at least to fit him :lol

wendy , shay , judy

i missed you all

Missed you, too, Athba!!! The wedding took place already?! I'm so happy for you...:hug

See you around here, more, I hope.:manyheart

I want to do this, but I'm afraid to try anything so large because of my track record... there happens to be 2 unfinished crocheted afghans in my closet that are at least 10 years old! I know... I am ashamed... :embar

Maybe now it won't be so bad now though... :think

I want to do this, but I'm afraid to try anything so large because of my track record... there happens to be 2 unfinished crocheted afghans in my closet that are at least 10 years old! I know... I am ashamed... :embar

You only have 2 UFO's? I'm chuckling right now as I mentally list all of mine:lol ...wait till you've been here longer and you'll wish for the good old days when you "only" had 2 UFO's!!:rofl:laughroll:haha ...which is why I haven't officially joined this CAL - yet:P :devil

Here is the picture of my RR. It came out to 45" from tip to tip.

citrusRRfinished.jpg

Very Nice RR SewnSew, THe one i just finished was 64 from point to point I just started my forth one last nite i'm on rd22 so i will be posting a picture soon :) Good to see you all here today.

Count me in!! I just joined the ville so I'm late starting. I'm going to use LA booklet #777 New Crochet Basics. I've picked out RH Star Brights and white. Thx for the CAL!!

Hey Janie,

I just joined also - thanks to you! ;) I'll be using that same pattern too, since I just happen to also have that booklet!! :hook Think I'll use RHSS Pale Yellow, Pale Green and White - that should make a pretty baby blanket! Will also try to get some pics of it as I go along and share them here! :)

Wow!!! I am playing catch up. I havn't checked in here in the last 2 days. There are so many pretty rr's being finished and in the works.

And welcome to all our new friends that are joining in the CAL. It is great to see that soo many like making RR's,.

Caly, you should try one out. You don't have to make them that big. :) You could make one into a rug for your bathroom like Heather did. Or even make a lapghan. :) I hope you do decide to join.

Cali! I also have .. at least three afgans started but I just had to try the RR after seeing all the beautiful ones on here AND I have actually finished three !! (my family are still in a state of shock) They work up so fast and look so nice .. give it a try..

also.. someone mentioned that we need a "gallery"? that would be fantastic,, I hope somebody takes this job on as it would be so neat to have them all together..I wish I could volunteer but I have no idea how to do it( I havent even figured out how to put my own pictures on yet) ,,, hopefully someday..

~~maryann~~

I finished my RR, it is 50 from point to point.:yay

th_Picture045.jpg

(Clickable)

It turned out pretty good, but the points don't really lay that flat. I'm going to start another one today, but I think I'm gonna use the sew on fire pattern ( I used Lyn's for this one)

Man, these RR are GREAT they work up so fast and are VERY VERY addictive!!!:hook

I've been lurking here admiring all of the round ripples - they are all so beautiful! :manyheart I finally decided to give it a try. I decided to use the pattern at sewonfire.com with the corrections that were posted here.

Here's my progress so far (hopes this works!)

th_GeorgiesRR04.jpg

(It should be clickable.) I loved RoseRed's hot pink and black rr with the granny squares, so I'm shamelessly copying her design! Just a few more rounds until I will attempt to add the granny squares! :yay