Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I am so amazed at the variety of colors, and how the same pattern can look so different!

I just bought some navy and orange yarn to do a stadium sized blanket in my son's college colors to take to his football games this fall. Have to finish a starghan first, but then I'm jumping in. I've done many ripples in the past, but never a round. If I do a decent job, maybe I'll try the 24 point next. But first things first. I guess I have a touch of the crochet ADD thing here...I'm getting ahead of myself...Brain is going faster than fingers can crochet.

See you soon!

FootballMom :hook

Trying to enclose pics of past RR I have done.

The Blue/white one was my first Round Ripple.RR1STTRY-BLUE-1.jpg?t=1177686168

The Pink one is kinda my own design.

RRPINKMYCENTERDESIGN-1.jpg?t=1177685280

Here is the centerpart of my design.

RRPINKCENTERDETAIL-1.jpg?t=1177687080

I haven't got a pic of the one I am working on Right now but it is Jamie Classic WW in Powder Blue with an occasional Stripe of RH Shaded Dusk. I will send a pic as soon as I get time to take a pic.

let me know if you can see the pics or not.

Hi Ladies,

A BIG!!! welcome to the new ladies just joining us.

Well I have about 5 more rd's to go and my third RR will be done. I will take a picture when it's finished. I hope to have it done this evening.:clap Then i'm thinking about a spidyghan for my two grandson. Not sure yet.:think I do know I will be making lots more of these. It's so much fun. Have a great afternoon and I will check in later. :hug

all of your round ripples are beautiful:cheer . The different color choices people make always amaze me.

I have finally made a start...here is my baby

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/crochet_hen/S4300042.jpg

Oh I like it!! I think the colors are great. I know it will really be pretty when it gets biogger. Can't wait to see your progress.

I actually started on my RR yesterday and have done nearly 17 rows now. A friend of my daugther in Virginia asked me to do a baby blanket for a lady that's had a tubal reversal. I'm hoping I'll have it finished next week while I'm visiting up there.

roundripple.jpg

I actually started on my RR yesterday and have done nearly 17 rows now. A friend of my daugther in Virginia asked me to do a baby blanket for a lady that's had a tubal reversal. I'm hoping I'll have it finished next week while I'm visiting up there.

roundripple.jpg

Ilene, Thats very pretty and very soft colors for a baby. You will make her very happy. My Daughter had that same procedure done about four years ago. She has had one baby 11 months ago and now due agin in June so it works. Good luck to her and I hope she is blessed. :-)

Hello Girls, just checking in to see everyone's progress and to welcome all the others that have joined! I really love looking at all the different color combos everyone is coming up with! I am slowing down, I was going full speed ahead, but now it seems to be taking longer to get a round!! I am only on row 25! Well, today was one of those days...and I tried to sit down this afternoon to work on it and just wasn't in the mood. GASP! Did I just say I wasn't in the mood to crochet??!! :think It's true, it wasn't a good day...one of those days where it seems like everything I pick up, I drop! And I had to fight with the insurance guy...didn't want to, he forced me...lol. But since the kids are in bed, and DH just fell asleep on couch, I am going to try to get a few rows done before bed.

Good work everyone!

Ilene, Thats very pretty and very soft colors for a baby. You will make her very happy. My Daughter had that same procedure done about four years ago. She has had one baby 11 months ago and now due agin in June so it works. Good luck to her and I hope she is blessed. :-)

Thanks Judy, the lady that will be getting this has had a few miscarraiges since her reversal and the friend that's asked me to do it hopes it will be a bit of comfort to her. I've done just over 2 more rows since posting this afternoon.

i'm hoping i can join . i want to get one done for my mother by mothers day...

i'll be using bernat super value in Burgundy, brown and white

Welcome to the RR CAL, you will be glad you joined in we have a great time in here. Looking forward to your posts and your progress.

Thanks Judy, the lady that will be getting this has had a few miscarraiges since her reversal and the friend that's asked me to do it hopes it will be a bit of comfort to her. I've done just over 2 more rows since posting this afternoon.

Ilene,

Tell your daughters friend to keep her chin up and don't give up. My daughter had six misscarriges before she got pregnet. I wish her the very best. If I remember right my daughter was low on hormone and once she was helped witht that she was ok. I have started my fourth RR this evening but i'm only on rd 6 my hubby will think i'm crazy lol

I have made one a week for the last three weeks. Guess what i'm giving as xmas gifts :) Have a great evening.

Kristy

Welcome to the group...i think the pattern most of are using is Lynns

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/roundripple.html

Then theres this one and it has a mistake...the second link shows where...this is the pattern i use because i think it lays better..

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

Hi ladies. Well I got it finished. here is a picture of it all done. :cheerDSC00241.jpg

beautiful, lovely color combo, I love the different colors you all come up with.