Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

100_0594.jpg

Hi everyone I'm finally getting around to posting a picture of my finished RR it measures 67 inches from point to point.

GrandmaB

Your RR is just beautiful:yay :cheer great job:hook

Here is an updated pic of the 2nd RR I am still working on. I have lost some motivation so thats why its taking me so long to get this one finished. It might be hard to tell in the pic but the colors are yellow, white and PINK- not orange or red but pink.

PunchRR.jpg

Love2Crochet

I like your RR:yay the colors go good together, keep up the good work:cheer

Here is the picture of my RR. It came out to 45" from tip to tip.

citrusRRfinished.jpg

sewnsew

your round ripple came out very nice, & I like the multi color yarn :hook

Hi ladies. Well I got it finished. here is a picture of it all done. :cheerDSC00241.jpg

Hi SouthernJudy:clap

I really like your round ripple, the colors are so great together, & you did a beautiful job on it:hook :manyheart

Good Morning Ladies!!

I just finished my RR, the size across from tip to tip is 55 inches, & I'm happy with how it turned out!!

clickable

th_RainbowRoundRipple04.jpg

clickable

th_RainbowRoundRipple05.jpg

Just wanted to pop in to tell everyone how great the round ripples are. They are all so pretty.

I am working on making more rugs for our new place. I'm not getting much done, though, since we are still moving. I sort, pitch and pack over and over again!!! I can honestly say I am pitching more than I am packing :clap:clap

All of my yarn is at the new place, so when I sit down for a few minutes I crochet to relax, then I'm off and sorting, pitching and packing again! We will be all moved by the end of the weekend. It sure is hard moving when you work a full time job :(

Just stopped in to check on everyones rr.I love them all. Everyone picked out such wonderful colors. I can't chose a favorite color combo theres so many.:c9 I've been slacking on mine every since my trip to see mom i havent worked on it much i guess i'm still letting it bug me a lil.. I'm testing a pattern right now then i will finish it. I think ill try the granny's ripple next its kinda a rr? lol I borrowed the blue ribbon afghans book from the library and its in it. Great job everyone . :yay

I have a question. I am starting one today and well how many rows do you do before it starts to take shape I just keep getting the feeling I am doing something wrong :think . Any advice would be so very helpful I have these pretty colors here begging me to turn them into something lol...

Kristy:c9

Well, I have been busily working on this RR for my mom for Mother's Day. I have severn rounds of the blue and then I might put two rounds of each color again and be done. Don't know if I am going to have enough of the white and blue, but will see.

Everyone's RR's are looking great and so many nice color combinations.

th_P5030019.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/Dangerouscrochet/Crochetprojects033.jpg

Well, Here it is. I didn't do as many rows as the directions stated. In fact I think I stopped at 35. But the finished width is 51" and that is plenty for a lapghan. I am pleased with it, but must confess.......I spent almost as much time froggin and re-do ing as I did crocheting. I found it quite a bit frustrating. But Alas, I am done. I hope mom loves it.:c9

Here's my WIP ripple....I've never done one before, but I can see why they're so addictive! lol.

The colors remind me of berry picking in the summer....:manyheartHPIM0190.jpg

I really like your colors Sweetpea, And yes they are addictive. I have done four in a month lol I may have to rest a couple days before I start the next one lol

KimVH

I would say "To make "ribs" of the web work from outer edge to middle of afghan.

Attach Black yarn in the ch-2 space at the top of any point. *ch 3, sl st in ch-2 space

of next round inward. Repeat 4 times. Ch 2, sl st in ch-2 space of next round.

Work in pattern to middle of afghan, end off yarn. Repeat 11 times."

is the better directions. Try to lay the blanket so you are working your rib sideways and not up and down. And try not to have it folded if you can since I had to pull one of mine out after I realized I "sewed" it to itself.

Ok ladies, need a little help. I am done with my 2nd RR and this one I am putting a border on. My pattern has directions for a border but I don't think I like it. It says to put 9 dc in dc space, skip 2 dc, sc in next dc and repeat around. Well I have done one complete point and I think the 9 dc looks to bulky. I am doing the RR pattern from the Leisure Arts booklet- New Crochet Basics so mine is only an 8 point RR.

What kind of edging do you think would look ok?:think

Here is a pic of it, this was taken a couple days ago when it wasn't finished yet but I wanted to give an idea of what it looks like.

PunchRR.jpg