Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Everyones RR are looking great. I got to work on my red, white and blue one a lot yesterday at the hospital while waiting for my mom's kneed replacement surgery to be finished. It is taking me about 1/2 hour per round now. I guess I am crocheting slow as that seems like a long time. I did find more yarn for the fallish colors one I am also working on and that one is much further along. Off to work on them now.

go check out my post #552 that spiderman one i did for my son was 68" from point to point and by the time i was on the last rows of it; it took me almost 2 hours to do a row. when i first started it it went really fast but the bigger it got the longer a row took. you figure on each corner of the 12 points you add 4 st to each point every time you go around. that is 48 st more every time you go around. must say my son loves his blanket thought.:clap

Wow!! I leave you ladies alone for a day and I have pages to read to catch up lol I'm so happy to see you all checking in. The pictures are just wonderful. Your all doing such a great job. If I have missed any new ladies . Welcome:yay I plan to work a lot on mine today. I want to get it finished up so I can start a new one :hook These are so much fun to make and it's exciteing to see what color combinations you can put together. I don't think there is a end to the beauty of these RR's. Have a wonderful day and I will check in later and see how your all doing.Thankyou Ladies :hug

Judy

Wow!! They are all beautiful! I love all of the colors that everyone has chosen. :cheer

I haven't gotten any farther on mine-My Dad is still in the intensive care unit, and there's too much going on with him to even begin to work on it right now. But I've been checking out everyone else's every few days just to keep myself inspired. They are lovely!

Is it too late to join this CAL? I have just started one in shades of blue.

Its never to late to join us jump right in anytime you like some of us have done 2 or more already and just keep making more remember we wanna see pics to even if its just a begining.

Finally finished my youngest sons spiderman round ripple . it's 53 inches from point to point. Wow that last row took awhile lol. now i know why they call the reverse sc the crabby stitch boy was i crabby doing it .:eek .

sueb0154 Wow yours is huge . And i thought my last row took forever lol.Looks great!

sprtsbear , welcome to the cal. I'm sure quite a few of us will be here for a long time. It's never too late to join in :D glad to have you.

th_justinsspiderghan001.jpg

Tommarro i'll continue on the other one i've been working on. I'm on row 17 with it. I have quite a few of these to do still. Can't wait to see more pictures everyone did such great jobs they are all beautiful. :cheer

Everyone's round ripples are beautiful.

I thought I'd post a pic of my latest project. Earlier this evening I finished my DD's second 2 strand round ripple Rug. These work up so soft, thick and so fast. She can't decide which one she likes the best. It is 36" point to point and is 22 rows. Now she has the new rugs she wanted for her new room at our new place when we move.

th_HillyRug2.jpg

clickable

Hi Ladies,

Looks like you all have been working those hooks pretty hard this week so far.:cheer I love seeing all of your work. :yes It really brightens my day to come in here and read your posting and the pictures is the iceing on the cake. :ty:day

See ya all in the morning

yocs22

Thank you, I'll look at the aspen print, when we go to town, & most likely get some:cheer , it's not that I don't already have enough yarn, it's that I just need more, no matter what :clap I can always use it, it sure won't go to waste...LOL

yocs22

Thank you, I'll look at the aspen print, when we go to town, & most likely get some:cheer , it's not that I don't already have enough yarn, it's that I just need more, no matter what :clap I can always use it, it sure won't go to waste...LOL

Your welcome Carol!!

I totally agree with you about the yarn, you can never have too much, right?!:devil But I am very proud of myself, with this RR I only had to buy 1 skein of light sage, I had the rest of the yarn in my stash :cheer

Hi everybody. I've been checking out everybody's rr's and they're awesome! What a great CAL. I've been working on my spiderman one and I have about 5 more rounds to go and then the "ribs" I'm anxious to get it done. I'm making if for my nephews birthday which is in July, but I know I'll be tempted to give it to him before then.

I will join, I am making a baby blanket for the end of May (restarted 2x's)I will send pics as soon as I get digi cam back from teenager.

Ladies, I think I'd like to join too! I started a baby blanket last night and thought I was doing good even though it wouldn't lay flat. After frogging it twice and then re reading the directions I'm on row 10. I'll be using RH Baby Mint Twinkle and White.

I have been anxious to join in here. I finally got my yarn in the mail this afternoon and have just started! I really need to go to bed, but I can't put it down!:hook

Welcome, Crochet Hen we will looking forward to seeing your RR. Just a warning, you won't be able to do just one :-)

Mandy - your ripple looks great and probably will lay flatter as it gets bigger, however, that pattern does have an error in round 3. Did you know? The correction is posted here some where - I am at work right now and can't look for it - I am sure someone else can direct you to it.

Thanks for the advice, but yes, I knew about the correction and worked the 3rd round as per the advice....

I'm on row 20 now and it's still not sitting right....I think I'll keep going, and just use it as a dog blanket. Maybe my hook/yarn weight combination is wrong...

Count me in!! I just joined the ville so I'm late starting. I'm going to use LA booklet #777 New Crochet Basics. I've picked out RH Star Brights and white. Thx for the CAL!!