Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Can I still join??

I am making a round ripple for my sis for her b-day, this is my first one! wish me luck :hook Then I have to make 2 spiderman ones for my boys. They are 3 and 5 and I have no idea how I am going to get them made without them fighting over who gets the 1st one :scrachin Sometimes I wash I had 2 sets of hands!!!!!

Anyway, ALL of the round ripples are BEAUTIFUL. I :heart :bheart :heart them!

Welcome!!! It's never to late to join.

Just a thought, you could do both at the same time... do the first color on one, then the second. Then the next color on both, etc. Then they'd get done within a day of eachother and not let either have one until the 2nd is done?

Addey, You beat me posting that suggestion. I did that when I was making a regular DC ghan and a straight ripple in tandem. I used the leftover yarn from the panels in my DC for my ripple. It worked out great!

Melissa

:ty

your new RR is pretty, I like those multi colors, you always do such pretty round ripples:hook

Mikki

Your RR is very pretty, you do good work, aren't these Round ripples so much fun:bheart

SouthernJudy

:ty & I am looking forward to seeing your RR progress:c9

I'd like to join all of you and make a spideyghan. This will be my next project. I went to Michaels and bought simply soft in blue and red. My only problem is my little boy is 20 years old, so I have to admit I'm really making it for myself

Hi Dangerouscrochet:hook

You are very welcome!!! I wanted to ask you if on your homepage, you have tabs?? like a start group?? I have my blog on a tab on the homepage, along with c'ville, it makes it a lot easier:manyheart

Nope LOL, Never thought of it to be honest with you. I have bookmarked it in the favorites, so that should help. I love your RR. It is frustrating to frog, but it really is work the re-do when you see it finished.:cheer

Now,to get my dd in Jammies and have her take some pics LOL:yarn

Ok, I've been following all of your progress and I caved. I have a couple Skipping Stones afghans I've been trying to complete, but I wanted to try a ripple as you have all inspired me. I started with light pink, white, and hot red from RHSS. I wanted another pop of color so I picked up some shocking pink. I'll try to post as soon as I get a round of this on to see how it looks. It is very girly and almost like Valentines. I have a boy, but I love the girly colors. Oh, well nine of my friends are pregnant so I'm sure I'll be able to find a home for it. I'm using a J hook, what size hooks are some of you using?

Dangerouscrochet-Tell me about it! People keep asking when I'm going to try for baby #2. Not for awhile I tell them!

Lov2Crochet-That is really cute, I love the color combo you chose!

Wow!!

I see we have some new ladies join us. Thats wonderful. were very glad your here. I have a update on my new one I started this morning. They colors are more mellow i think but I like it :)

DSC00235.jpg

Hi guys, lovely progress again! I got about 18 rows into my beautiful Round Ripple BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, its very bowl like...so much that my coworker said "that hat must be for someone with a huge head"

I should use a bigger hook, but mine seems to be missing, I think one size up will be fine. I tried having three rows of large shells to one row of small shells, but I think the middle is too small. Sigh, so much for 4 episodes of 24!

I guess I should FROG, although, maybe I will start another one and see if it makes a flat blanket first.

Practice makes Perfect!

Laura

Ladies,

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!! Each and every one of your RRs are beautiful and unique!!! I love seeing all the pictures. I have finished 2 and have 2 more in progress. I will try to post some pics this weekend.

Keep up the great work!!

Veru cool all!! I love the new color combinations you guys keep showing off.

This week, while having MAJOR computer problems at work, I've been doing a "4-point" ripple.

Well, OK, so it's really just a square that kept on going, but you kinda do it like a ripple, just no valleys... hmmm..... that could be interesting though....

I'll try and post a picture of it soon, I'm actually kinda impressed by it.

Hi, everyone just stopped in to see how all the RR's are coming along. As always they are looking beautiful and growing so fast. I didn't get to work on mine yesterday, I ran out of yarn with only 2 more rounds to go. But went to Wal-mart last night and got another skein to finish it today and while I was there picked up yarn to make a spider-ghan for my 6 year old Grandson.:)

Welcome to all the new ladies. Can't wait to see what new color schemes you come up with. Everyone have a nice day and Happy Crocheting.

Hi everyone. I wanted to show my mom the pic of someone's RR that was quite unique. I remember reading her post that she used 2 strands of yarn. The color started out in the centre and very gradually changed as the RR grew. It was beautiful. Does anyone else remember who did this one? Been searching the thread but cannot find it now. Thanks for your help!

Maybe someone has already posted this but about what size are you doing your ripples. I am doing mine for an 8 year old but wanted her to be able to cover up with it. I am on row 35 now but just don't know how many more to add.

I know some of you are doing them for adults. How many rows are you doing.

Thanks,

Pam