Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

niki2short,

I love it!!! It's beautiful! I love the colors you are useing. Thankyou for your picture. You may want to resize your pictures before you put them up in here. I think the size has to be 360x480 or i go to http://www.resize2mail.com/ I resize them take them to photo bucket and upload. Ladies if i'm telling her wrong please correct me. I'm new at this too so lets here from yall.

Nikki 2 short, LOVE the colors!! And here I thought the one I was making for my mom was going to be bright. Boy did you prove me wrong! LOL. I love it, great work!!!

Southernlady,

Very Very Pretty!

The Mil one, the more I work on MY mothers, the more I an thinking of frogging the entire one for the MiL. It is turning out to be one of those projects where you are gung-ho at first, then you start to notice something amiss. then it kind of goes down hill from there and you keep tellign yourself that she probably will just give it away anyway. Oh well. I only have a few more rows to go on it, then I can get it out of my sight and off my mind. Ah I am feeling better already just typing it.

Beautiful SouthernJudy! :clap

Can someone tell me what frog or frogging it means...I am sure I get the just of it..but can't figure out exactly if it stands for something like lol or ttyl thanks

WOW! so much just since last night - lol. Everyone's work is looking great. I was able to do a few rounds on mine this evening - too tired to do more. I only get to crochet for a little bit in the evenings and a few hours each day on the weekends. I eventually get stuff done. Will post pics soon as mine look like something.

I found I like the 1 round of small shell and 2 round of large shell the best - lays much better.

My one hint to help those having trouble is that when making the point, be careful that you do not cover up the first stitch you need to go in after the point, that happens to me and then it throws everything off. Seems that by the time you make the shell (whether small or large), it tends to cover up that next stitch you need to go into. I find myself counting and recounting as I go (maybe a waste of time for some) but it usually keeps me from having to frog a lot.

Beautiful SouthernJudy! :clap

Can someone tell me what frog or frogging it means...I am sure I get the just of it..but can't figure out exactly if it stands for something like lol or ttyl thanks

A frog makes a sound like "ripppit" - rip it out -- as in stitches!

Hi , I'm Judy

I have been searching the web and found Crochetville. I'm so excited and I have seen past posts of Round Ripples and I very much would like to begin one and would love to have everyone that would like too, please join in. Do So Please!!!!!!!!

There is no deadlines and hope that you will post your progress and show us how your doing with a picture off and on as you go.

So Grab your yarn and needles and jump in as soon as you can, I will be starting mine tomorrow. 4/5/07

Soon all you will see of me will be my feet as I have my head in my yarn looking for just the right colors. I have to make one of these for my Mother as a gift for Mother's Day. So please join in I need support to keep me going.

Your New Friend :hug

Judy

Hello!!

I would like to make a Round Ripple CAL button for blogs, I have a round ripple already finished that I want to use, if that is ok!!!!

Anyone & everyone feel free to use them if you like!!

Carol

GinaMarie,

The color that you think is denim is RedHeart - Monet

RedHeart - Raspberry

Caron -Deep Violet

Glad you liked it :) These make me want to do one after the other. hehehe

I use a H hook and I also use the ( So On Fire Pattern ) with 1 row small shells and two rows large shells. Mine lays flat and works up very nice.

Ok ladies I took my picture in and resized it like i'm suppose to do it in the resizer then uploaded it to photo bucket then posted in here . Is that the right way to do it? Help!! lol

tmpphprHqGlP.jpg

SouthernJudy:clap

Your round ripple is so pretty:manyheart I really like the colors!!

What is the color of the multi???

Here is a Round Ripple CAL button any of you sweet ladies can use, if you want to on your blogs...

RoundRippleCALButt.jpg

Carol, I love the button. I already snagged it, saved it on my computer, uploaded it into photobucket, and put it on my blog. Thanks so much for making it. Sure would like to know how you made it (hint hint) ;)

Ok ladies I took my picture in and resized it like i'm suppose to do it in the resizer then uploaded it to photo bucket then posted in here . Is that the right way to do it? Help!! lol

tmpphprHqGlP.jpg

SouthernJudy

You can upload your pictures, & then re-size them all in photobucket

I hope this helps

Lindsay, that is so pretty. That color scheme is on the order of what I will be making for one of my orders. Great Job!

Thanks! I know a lot of people having babies so I always need the "basic" colors on hand to give as gifts.

Love2crochet, You did a great job I like the soft color of blue that you used. Are you addicted yet? :yes

Oh!! I have a question for all you ladies. Has anyone made a RR with a edging? If so I would love to have a link to how it's done. I think I seen one somewhere that has a scollped edge but I don't know where I seen it.

I would like to make one with a finished edge. Not sure how it would look, who knows it may look good on a special baby RR's Anyway it was a thought. Thanks for any help. I will be posting a new Picture tomorrow :D

Have a great evening. Nite Nite Don't let The Bed Bug's Bite :lol

Yep, totally addicted! I already started my 2nd RR tonight. Its going to be white, yellow and pink- I call it "fruit punch". The pattern I am using is the one in the Lesiure Arts booklet- New Crochet Basics #777 and in the directions it gives you a pattern for an edging which I am going to use on this RR I am working on now. I didn't want to use it on the blue and white one b/c I didn't want it to look girly. Here are the instructions they give:

Slip stitch in next dc, ch 3, 8dc in same st, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc. *^(skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc) across to last dc before ch-2 sp, skip next dc, 9 dc in next ch-2 sp, skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, (skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc) across to last dc of same section, sc in sp between sections, skip next dc ^, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * 6 more times, then repeat from ^ to ^ once, join with slip st to firt dc, finish off.

Wow, it is amazing, I go to work, come home, log into crochetville to see how everyone is doing on their RRs and have 10 pages to catch up one, hehehe. Everyone is so busy crocheting!

I just love all the new afghans posted, especially the bright yellow one. Reminds me of a bright sunny summer day! It is so pretty!

I also like the shell edging that was posted. I might try that when I am ready to finish mine off.

You all are doing a great job, keep those :hooks a stitchin'!

Luv2crochet,

Thankyou so much for the instructions on how to do the scolloped edge. I just love it how you can come in here ask a question and they next time you look you have ayour answer. Your Great!!!!