Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Hi Everyone,

I've been stalking this CAL to see everyone's RRs. They all look great. I love seeing all the different color combos people come up with. I read that someone was wondering about the scalloped border on mine. How you make the shells really depends on how many stitches you end up with when you're done. My last round had 16 stitches on each side of each point. I made shells of 5dcs up the sides and 7dcs at the point. Starting at the valley, I skipped the two that you'd skip in a normal round, then did *(slip stitch, skip one, shell, skip one)3x, slip stitch, then skip two, 7dc shell at point, skip two, (slip stitch, skip one, shell, skip one)3x, slip stitch and that brings you back to the valley where you skip the last one of the "down" and the first one of the "up" and repeat from *.

Of course if you have more or less stitches in the final round, you'll have more or fewer shells. You can do the shells differently to adjust to whatever your end count is. The first attempt I did was shell, skip two, sc, skip two, shell, skip two, sc, etc which worked out perfectly for the number of stitches I had, but I wanted a rounder shell so I changed the number of skipped stitches and switched to a sl st. My advice is just trial and error until you find something you like that corresponds to your number of stitches. If I can be of any help with this, let me know. Keep those beautiful ripples coming!:hug

Ok Ladies....i spent the day figuring out how to add more points and i think i did it :cheer it is a perfect fit so it should work for everyone....i did mine on round 31 or when you have 20 dc on one side of the point....this took me awhile :P

I just hope i wrote this out to where you can understand it!!!

One point:

ch-4,dc in 4th ch from hook,1 dc in same ch

ch 2,2 dc in same ch

ch 3 turn-1 dc in next 2 st,3 dc ch 2 3 dc in ch 2 space,1 dc in last 2 dc

ch 3 turn-1 dc in each of next 5 dc,3 dc ch 2 3 dc in next ch 2 space,dc in last 5 dc

ch 3 turn-1 dc in each of next 9 dc,1 dc ch 2 1 dc in next ch 2 space,dc in last 10 dc

finishoff and sew to valleys of star.

on main body of star count 12 stitches down from eny outer point and this is where you start sewing your fill in at

Point(clickable)

th_Picture007.jpg

Point sewn on(clickable)

th_Picture008.jpg

If anyone is interested i will show it again after the first full row is crocheted on after the points.

Ok Ladies....i spent the day figuring out how to add more points and i think i did it :cheer it is a perfect fit so it should work for everyone....i did mine on round 31 or when you have 20 dc on one side of the point....this took me awhile :P

One point:

ch 2,2 dc in same ch

ch 3 turn-1 dc in each of next 5 dc,3 dc ch 2 3 dc in next ch 2 space,dc in last 5 dc

ch 3 turn-1 dc in each of next 9 dc,1 dc ch 2 1 dc in next ch 2 space,dc in last 10 dc

on main body of star count 12 stitches down from eny outer point and this is where you start sewing your fill in at

Point(clickable)

th_Picture007.jpg

Point sewn on(clickable)

th_Picture008.jpg

If anyone is interested i will show it again after the first full row is crocheted on after the points.

How do you save a post so you don't have to look through hundreds again?

I want to try this.

But I am just about to start so it will be a while

Thanks for figuring this out!

How do you save a post so you don't have to look through hundreds again?

I want to try this.

But I am just about to start so it will be a while

Thanks for figuring this out!

As far as I know, there's no option within the forum software to save posts any place.

You could send yourself a PM with a link to the post/thread.

You could bookmark it with your browser.

You could create a Word or Excel document with categories, and then enter links to threads/posts in it.

Hope that helps!

I have finished my RR. YEAH!!!

009-1.jpg

Hi Melissa:hook

Your round ripple is just beautiful & BIG!!, & you're right, these round ripples are soooo much fun:yes :manyheart

246811764.jpg

Here is my third rr since this cal has started. I love this pattern. This is the first CAL that I have ever joined and I have to say it has been a great deal of fun. I think this CAL will go on for some time and thats ok by me. I can't wait to start my next one I have a friend that I know will love one of these. I have enjoyed looking at all the work you are all doing the colors are great and you all make me want to crocet again. Thanks :hug Hugs to all.

honey112

I love your round ripple, & my favorite colors too!!! great job:clap :c9 is the multi color blueberry pie, isn't it??

Honey...I love you ripple and it is turning out really great but...I hate to be the one if I am...but looking at it I noticed your missing a point....you went from point ,valley , point ,point. If you look down there to the left you should be able to see where the points go wrong.

246811764.jpg

Here is my third rr since this cal has started. I love this pattern. This is the first CAL that I have ever joined and I have to say it has been a great deal of fun. I think this CAL will go on for some time and thats ok by me. I can't wait to start my next one I have a friend that I know will love one of these. I have enjoyed looking at all the work you are all doing the colors are great and you all make me want to crocet again. Thanks :hug Hugs to all.

th_thirdrrinprogress.jpg

Here is my progress on my 3rd rr. I had to set the spiderman one aside untill i get more red yarn.. :eek I picked up the wrong color when i got my supplies for it. This one i tried light weight with ww. I didn't know how that would work but, I'm really liking it. :) Everyones looks great. Love the huge ones. This one hubby wants to go in the van. I'm loving the rr's . :yes

Wow!!

I just can't believe how much all of you have got done on your RR's.

Honey112 Your RR is so pretty!!:yay

Myissa Congrats on completeing yours

:cheer

Shaylen Thankyou for shareing your points fill in. Were so greatfull to you.I now want to make one with extra points :hook Agin THANKYOU!!!!

Chrome Kitty Thankyou for shareing your scolloped edgeing it's always nicer to have a pattern you can follow :hug

Ladies your doing a great job:clap

Lets keep this CAL going and going!!!!:day

Wow!!! I can see I am not the only one addicted to these round ripples. Everyone's afghans look so pretty! I am still working on mine every chance I get. I have not had a pattern work up so fast and be so pretty at the same time! I think a lot of my family may be getting them for Christmas this year or Mothers Day or Fathers Day or 4th of July...!!

Thank you Southern Judy for starting this and getting us all "HOOKED"!:hook

Kim :princess

natcat. Hmm argh...... I will look into it thanks for the heads up. There are days where that is the only way I know to get to my blog LOL

Hi Dangerouscrochet:hook

You are very welcome!!! I wanted to ask you if on your homepage, you have tabs?? like a start group?? I have my blog on a tab on the homepage, along with c'ville, it makes it a lot easier:manyheart

Good Morning I hope everyone is having a great one!!

I wanted to post an update for my rainbow round ripple, I've froggeed it about 4 times, 3 times clear back to the start, & this last time, just back to where the orchid is, now I'm on the 18th row.

I had trouble taking a photo this morning, the light bedspread we have on the bed, kept washing out the colors of the ripple:think :eek

So I put the ripple over the back of our bedroom chair, & took a picture, it seemed to work:lol

th_RainbowRoundRipple-Update001.jpg

~Clickable~

One point:

ch 2,2 dc in same ch

Point(clickable)

th_Picture007.jpg

Point sewn on(clickable)

th_Picture008.jpg

THANK YOU SHAYLEN!!!! I appreciate this sooooo much, and of course, I would be very interested in any additional instructions that you feel like showing me!:hug:flower

NatCat,

Your RR is so pretty, I have started a new one but I can't seem to get the colors together that I like so I will post a picture when it looks like something to show :lol Your all doing great!! I'm looking forward to your progress pictures. See ya a little later in the day. My RR is calling me :hook

Well I finished my spiderman round ripple. If I get a chance when I get home I will take a pitcure. In a few weeks I will most likely be starting another since me son has claimed this one, so now I have to make another for my nephew. (No big deal since I won't see him until July) And at some point I will be making the same one as GrandmaB since I went out and bought the book. LOL.

Can I still join??

I am making a round ripple for my sis for her b-day, this is my first one! wish me luck :hook Then I have to make 2 spiderman ones for my boys. They are 3 and 5 and I have no idea how I am going to get them made without them fighting over who gets the 1st one :scrachin Sometimes I wash I had 2 sets of hands!!!!!

Anyway, ALL of the round ripples are BEAUTIFUL. I :heart :bheart :heart them!

Can I still join??

I am making a round ripple for my sis for her b-day, this is my first one! wish me luck :hook Then I have to make 2 spiderman ones for my boys. They are 3 and 5 and I have no idea how I am going to get them made without them fighting over who gets the 1st one :scrachin Sometimes I wash I had 2 sets of hands!!!!!

Anyway, ALL of the round ripples are BEAUTIFUL. I :heart :bheart :heart them!

Welcome!!! It's never to late to join.

Just a thought, you could do both at the same time... do the first color on one, then the second. Then the next color on both, etc. Then they'd get done within a day of eachother and not let either have one until the 2nd is done?

Welcome!!! It's never to late to join.

Just a thought, you could do both at the same time... do the first color on one, then the second. Then the next color on both, etc. Then they'd get done within a day of eachother and not let either have one until the 2nd is done?

Ohh, That is a GREAT idea... Thanks!! :cheer