Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Donna

Im using a J hook on my spiderman one and its laying flat so i dont think its your hook....im using lynns pattern also....im not sure what could be causing it to curl????Do you crochet tight??

I've finally gotten a pic of my round ripple!!!

I had a lot of partial skeins of Caron SS so I decided to do a scrappy one. I still have a way to go before I'm finished.

It will be going to Project Linus.

Enjoy!

th_P1010168.jpg

I have gotten quite a bit done on mine but am having a problem. It doesn't lay flat. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I put the right amount of stitches in each row. I'm using Lyn's Round Ripple pattern. If I could get advice I'd really appreciate it. Oh and I'm doing it all in one variegated color with a size J hook.

The first time I did a round ripple, I did 2 rows of small shells and 2 rows of large shells like this pattern calls for. My ends curled up. On my second one, I did 1 row of small shells and 2 rows of large shells. the ends didn't curl up. You may want to try that before you frog it.

Thanks girls. I've usually crochet tight but I've been making a concious effort to keep it loose in this one. Thank you Mel for the tip I think I'm going to try that. I was going to do that but then I thought I should at least follow the pattern the first time lol. Shows me to not follow my instincts :lol.

Ok let me see if i can exsplain this...on the pattern im doing it called for fillins but they didnt work so i crocheted squares...like a granny square...you have to make sure your stitch count is the same on the square as it is on the points of your ripple....then you just sew the square to the ripple in the vally part and then start your rows from there....make sure when you go up and down each square and point that you skip 2.....then you just keep going...im not to good at explaining things so i hope this helped!!

Here is what mine is looking like now and if you click on it you will see it larger and can see the squares i did....

th_Picture005.jpg

If you need more photos or help just let me know and i will try!!!

Shaylen, thank you so much for trying to help us out with adding more points. I copied your text for future ref. Your RR is just beautiful.

If you compare the round ripple patterns, they are all basically the same. The difference in them is the number of small shell rows and large shell rows. The 1 small and 2 large seem to make them lay the flattest. At least it does for me. Hope that helps!

Hi Ladies,

Well as of now I have about five more rounds to go and I will be done with my second RR:clap The first one i did was for my Mother for Mother's Day the second one will be for a friend and then after that I want to make some but maybe a little smaller and give as comfort ghans to members in my church when they need special comforting in their lives. And maybe some day I may even make one for myself one :yes It's so neat how each one can be so differant in it's own way. Your all doing a great job. :cheer

Well here is my first completed round ripple. It isn't anything compared to most of you alls that came up with awesome color patterns but I wanted to start out with something simple first.

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

They all look so nice and FLAT lol. After working on mine for the MIL for a week, today I laid it flat to measure it's width, and it had little 'ripples' in it. I don't recall them being there a few days ago. Oh well. This one was made using Lyns pattern. I seemed to struggle quite a bit thru it......This evening I decided to start my moms........ Using the 'sew on fire' pattern with the edits that were kindly posted by Chrome Kitty.... And It is like making an entirely different pattern ( in my mind at least) It just seems to be going SO MUCH smoother. I am already starting row 8 and I had started it about 45 minutes ago.... more importantly, no frogging yet :-)

Jaded Moon,

The one I am making for the MIL is to look like a Sunflower. My dh took the camera with him on a business trip, but when he is home on Thurs I will take a pic and post it!

Heather,

LOL.I wanted to make one of these for my mom for mother's Day. Mom loves 'Bright Wacky' colors Well I picked up Caron Simply soft in their 'brights' line..Yellow, orange, and hot pink with a skein of White to throw in if I need it. It should look grand too. I love how yours is turning out.

Lol my next color is the hot pink DD says she wants lots of it :)

Thanks Judy...you are fast at these things...cant wait to see the new one.

Lindsay

I love the way you did yours...there are so many ways you can do it.

Mel

What size thread are you using???

I want to do a bright one to but first i have to finish the ones i have going..

Love2crochet, You did a great job I like the soft color of blue that you used. Are you addicted yet? :yes

Oh!! I have a question for all you ladies. Has anyone made a RR with a edging? If so I would love to have a link to how it's done. I think I seen one somewhere that has a scollped edge but I don't know where I seen it.

I would like to make one with a finished edge. Not sure how it would look, who knows it may look good on a special baby RR's Anyway it was a thought. Thanks for any help. I will be posting a new Picture tomorrow :D

Have a great evening. Nite Nite Don't let The Bed Bug's Bite :lol

Using the 'sew on fire' pattern with the edits that were kindly posted by Chrome Kitty....

Where are the edits?

Thanks...:hug

Wow! Again, I leave for the day and so much happens!!

Everyone looks great. I really love the simple blue and white one. Sometimes the simple ones are the best. (Mine only looked more complex because I used a 'self striping' yarn with two colors....)

As for mine, it doesnt' lay 100% flat, but i figure that's OK since it is a baby blanket. I also used a simple row of rsc for an edging. I do that on most of my blankets as it helps reduce some of the stretch it always seems to get after a washing or two and it just looks nice and clean.

This one is going to Project Linus. I'm going to do a bright one for my cousin once I figure out colors. (She's due in Septemer and haven't really decided what to do about the nursery, but they're bright color people, not pastel....)

Love2crochet, Looks great.

I'll be getting back to work on mine today took a little break to test a few things. I will be taking the first one i made to my mom this weekend . I just can't wait till mothers day. :D. I haven't been able to go see her in awhile as the van we had just wasn't trip worthy. We just got a new (to us) van over the weekend. That's what hubbys trip was for. It's just a 95 but hey it works great for us it's full size with a tv and earphones in it for the kids to watch so we can ride in peace and quiet and they aren't so bored. Sorry i'm excited to get the van as our last one died on us and we have had to borrow mil's car to get around. Now back to crochet.. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of this done today. So i'd better get to crocheting.