Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I have a question and i hope someone can help. I've read most of the pages of this thread, but haven't found the answer. I have seen the beautiful ghans where you add the squares to make more points. I really want to know how to do this. I have to round ripples that I am working on right now, both have 12 points at present. I think they would look so much nicer with more points since I am making them both very large. If any one could tell me how to do this I would really be appreciative! Send me a pm or tell me here, I am so not picky. THANK YOU!

I love all the blankets....and since hubby hasn't shown me how to upload pictures yet, I haven't officially joined this or the starghan cal, but I love coming and looking at everyones blankets!

I think i saw a vauge discussion on the pink and black one, basically, once it gets big enough, make a square of your choice that will fit and create the extra points, sew in and keep going? At least that's what I'd do, make a square that is as wide as my points are dep, once you add it, you should create the extra points. I may be way off tho.... :shrug

I'm so pleased to see all the hard work everyone is doing on their RR's The colors just blow me away.:yay Just when I think I have seen them all someone comes up with another great color combo. Welcome to all the new ladies that has joined our group. For that ladies that was talking about adding more points? I'm with you, I would like very much if someone that does this would share with us in a short version of a pattern, if they could just give us an idea how to do this. If your like me ya need a pattern :lol So if ya can help us out that would be great:yes

I hope to post another finished one tomorrow!! And in my mind I already have the next one in the works lol These are so much fun to make i'm having a ball. Your all wonderful ladies and such an insperation to me.

May God Bless Each and Every One Of You!!:hug

Chrispersmom,

If you would like to join in this CAl don't worry about the pictures we would love to have you join us. Then when ya get pictures some time share with us then. So get that hook girlfriend and join in the fun. Like someone told me, look out you will get addicted from the get go. :D So grab that hook :hook Let us know what yarn and hook size your useing. We can't wait to here from you.

My first on was for my DS, my second one is for my best friend/sister, and the one I'm working on right now is for an order from a lady at work. I also am going to make my grandson a spiderman one. I am trying to make myself one too, but I keep getting orders for ghans (both regular and round). That is a good problem to have :D

I'll eventually get mine made!

I donated my first one to my church bazaar, one went to my dd's friend, one went to a girl at work and I have 2 baby-sized waiting for the babies to be born. The one I'm making now I hope to keep for myself...but we'll see how it goes!

Hi everyone! Great work on all the RR's! Lisa this is a question for you. I was looking at all your afghans you have made and noticed that you had made quite a few of the gingham ones, they are beautiful! Is there a certain pattern out there for them or book? Or do you just make strips them sew the strips together? Thanks in advance :)

Ok let me see if i can exsplain this...on the pattern im doing it called for fillins but they didnt work so i crocheted squares...like a granny square...you have to make sure your stitch count is the same on the square as it is on the points of your ripple....then you just sew the square to the ripple in the vally part and then start your rows from there....make sure when you go up and down each square and point that you skip 2.....then you just keep going...im not to good at explaining things so i hope this helped!!

Here is what mine is looking like now and if you click on it you will see it larger and can see the squares i did....

th_Picture005.jpg

If you need more photos or help just let me know and i will try!!!

crochetpriness66 I love your colors would have never thought of putting those colors together. You are doing a great job. Hope to post my second one tomorrow.

To Judianne: I am doing them for fun at this time will hope to get into a craft fair this summer, I do have a couple of people that I will show that are looking for baby gifts.

To all Keep up the great work

Thanks Shaylen, with your photo I might be able to figure it out.....as for my round ripples, the autumn red and bone one is for me. The camo, black and brown is for my 15 yr old nephew for christmas. For mine, I am using an H hook and the camo an I hook. I usually use an H for everything and make alot of threadies as well, so the I took some getting used to. I have a camera, just need the time for hubby to help me figure out how to post them here. i have been taking pictures of my stuff and loading it on to the computer though.

Be nice if I had some pictures of all the doilies that I have given away! I also plan on making another starghan for my 4yr old nephew for christmas next year. probably with simply soft brites, he loved the one i made for my 5yr old's birthday.

I guess I have been making mine right along with you guys, but kind of feel silly posting without adding photos. Hopefully that will change very soon....

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know my progress on my ripple, I'm on row 29, working up pretty quickly. I like this pattern, this is my first. Not able to show it, I can't find my battery charger for my camera :think . Hopefully I'll find it and be able to how it to you. Everybodies ripples look great :clap , Good job ladies. Kepp up the good work :cheer .

Leanne

If the photos are on your computer its easy from there...just sign up at photobucket.com(its free)upload your photos and copy and paste the link here...even if you don't you are still welcome....

I do thread also and am doing one of these round ripples in thread for a table clothe...im using a size 8 and its slow going but its sure going to be pretty.

Shaylen, I am also making a round ripple out of thread. It sure is slow going, but it is working up nicely and is so pretty. I am going to give it to my best friend/sister along with her yarn round ripple.

Shaylen, thanks for posting the picture of your bigger RR. To me, a picture IS worth a thousand words. When I start making one of these I'll probably do baby RRs (for donating). I really love the wonderful color combinations I've seen here! Great work, everyone:clap :yay

Hi everybody - your RR's are looking fantastic! I am back from my short vacation - had a great time.

I managed to get a few more rounds down on my RR and also started another. The new one is in red, white and blue. Going to do three rounds of each color, then five rounds of each, then 7 rounds of each - will see after that if I need to do more.

Will post pics when they look a little more like something - lol!

I have gotten quite a bit done on mine but am having a problem. It doesn't lay flat. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I put the right amount of stitches in each row. I'm using Lyn's Round Ripple pattern. If I could get advice I'd really appreciate it. Oh and I'm doing it all in one variegated color with a size J hook.

Hi everyone. Thank you for the kind words about my Dad. He's still in intensive care but he's stable. I just wanted to pop in and see all of the RR's. Wow! They're all beautiful! I love them all. I haven't gotten any more rounds done on mine. Possibly later this week I'll be able to sit and get a few done. It's so interesting to see what each person has done with color. You're all so creative.:cheer

Ok I did a search through this thread and someone said it could be the hook size that's causing the RR to not lay flat so I'm wondering if that's it. I'm using Coats TLC in Citrus. The wrapper says and H hook and I'm using a J. So could that be why mine isn't laying right? Should I frog it and try it with the H hook?