Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

:cheer Hi, I finally found the pattern I wanted to use for my RR. I have just started, I am to round 10........so I am going to join in on the fun, I am doing mine in "Bright yellow" and "Pale yellow". One will have to wear sunglasses to look at it! :rofl :rofl When I get a bit farther I will take a picture.........if my camera will focus on it! :eek :eek

Everyones afghans are so beautiful and inspireing! Glad to be here.

peni

thank you all for your kind word. aussie I just made it, I hope to do a craft fair this year, so just keep making items. to Cay you are doing a great job, love your colors can't wait to see the finished project. Keep up the great work, I just love it here.

Wow those are some pretty RR being cranked out.

I haven't decided if I'm loving this one I'm doing now or not but it's for my 4 year old and she loves it so that's all that matters in the end haha. She's telling me if she wants more rows of a color or if it's enough of a color for her so that helps. It's going to be bright so put on those sunglasses before looking :hook

th_crochet094.jpgclickable.

The next color is a hot pink.

I saw someone's post in Show and Tell of "Another Round Ripple" (I believe that was the title). And for who knows what reason, I decided to do one...my first!:hook:cheer:clap Using Bernat SV I'm on round 7; did 5 rounds in yellow, I'm on walnut now and have no idea where I'm going from here.:think I have deep straw and other shades of brown, an orange and some blues. And I'm partially color blind!:blush

So, Judy, you sound like a marvelous, gracious host. Thank you! And I'm glad to join all you wonderful ladies. Saw some pretty RR's in here! But didn't get to go through all the posts. I can't believe there are so many already! WOW!

:manyheart:hug

I haven't decided if I'm loving this one I'm doing now or not but it's for my 4 year old and she loves it so that's all that matters in the end haha. She's telling me if she wants more rows of a color or if it's enough of a color for her so that helps. It's going to be bright so put on those sunglasses before looking :hook

Heather thats beautiful. :clap

Jaded that is absolutely beautiful. good job.:clap

How many more rows are you going to do.

Thanks Aussie, I am not sure how many more rows I will actually do, right now it is still kind of small, I usually go until I run out of :yarn. :lol

Here is a pic of my progress for my RR I am making, I am on row 25.

IMG_3616.jpg

I love the color combination reminds me of the first ripple afghan i made years ago. Looking good great job.

First I would like to say Thanks you to DreamsOfYarn for all the help that she gave me:hug . I worked out well Thanks again. Here is my Round Ripple

HPIM0360.jpg[/img]

Honey, that is very pretty, you did a great job! How many rows is yours?

Wow!! That is so pretty!!

I'm going to get the yarn for my mom's this weekend...I just talked to her and she said she would like a combo of red/pink....i was going to do red, pink and white, but i really like these colors together. She wants a really soft yarn though so I'll have to see what I can find...I was thinking either Caron SS or Homespun....

Thanks, I have been hording these colors for years. I bought them to make a traditional ripple and just never did. When I saw this crochet along, I knew exactly what colors I was going to use! Soon I will have more room to horde some more yarn, :lol:lol:lol.

I hope this works....I decided to try to get a photo of my round ripple on here. Hope you like it.

Cay, that is going to be beautiful! I love the RR that use variegated yarns. It seems to wrap all the other colors used together.

Hseger that is pretty, I was just talking to my mom (GrandmaB) yesterday and was mentioning a RR would be pretty making it look like a black-eyed susan. This has inspired me to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration. :hug.

Ok. I finally have pictures!

458634815_97aa3ecd3d_m.jpg

Here's what it looked like after I got to Kirkland Lake on Monday evening. I had about 3 hours of airport time and about 2.5-3 hours of flying time. Not bad progress if you ask me!

458634791_2fd213d6f8_m.jpg

Here it is compleated! I worked on it a few rows during the week and then had about another 3 or 4 hours of airport time and about 3 hours of flying time to work. I got all but the edging row of rsc done. I did the last row of rcs yesterday at work at lunch. It's 33 rows and about 36". A great size for some special little girl! I'll be washing it up and donating it to Project Linus. This really should brighten some little girls day!

Everyone's looks great! I had a lot of fun with this and will be doing another one soon.

Those are so pretty Shaylen and GrandmaB ...Will you share how you did that :)

Kwools so glad to see Shaylen could explain to you how to add points I'm no good at explaining things at all. My fill-ins aren't done the same way but I can see how adding squares would work. The pattern I'm using is in a Leisure Arts Little Books Titled "First Choice Ripple Afghans " I purchased mine at Wal-mart. I also saw the same pattern for sale on ebay in a book titled: "40 Most Favorite Ripple Afghan Crochet Patterns"

Jaded...thanks for the compliment on my RR. I agree about the varigated colors. They do tie it all in. I love to use varigated thread in my quilting for the same reason.

Aussie, I think the colors you're using are great! It's a very bright and happy RR!

Addey, I can't believe you got that much done on the plane and in the airport. It's beautiful.

I also like the RR that's in all the different shades of pink. Is that yours, Jaded? I love them all. I'm losing track of which one belongs to who. :lol

My daughter would like all of those pinks. Every RR I've seen on here is just lovely.

Now on to my not-so-good news...my father is back in the intensive care unit in critical condition. I was there with my Mom until about 4 o'clock this morning. So, it may be a while before I'm able to get anymore done on my RR. I thought about bringing it with me to the hospital to give me something to do while I sat with my Mom, but I don't think I can concentrate enough to not make mistakes. So, I hope this CAL will continue for a while so I can eventually work on mine some more and get more photos up. I am going to try to check here to see the photos when I can. They inspire me.

Hi everyone, Well I completed one and just couldn't help my self I had to start another :lol I'm on rd 26 so it's working up pretty fast. My husband can't believe it. He go's to work and when he comes home it's half done he said lol. I just love doing these. The colors you have all chose is so pretty. I wonder if you could mess one up , it seems like they are all just perfect when they are all done. Well here is my new picture hope you enjoy it.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/SouthernJudy/DSC00218.jpg