Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Everyones RR are so pretty!!! I need to take a picture of mine....Inbetween working on RR's i am also trying to get some squares made for some of the charity's...

Karen

Addey, that is a very nice RR i'm glad to see everyones work. Your very right some little girl is going to be very happy. You did a great job. When are you starting you next one hehehehe.

Hmm.... this week I'm home, next week it's vacation to Florida and we're driving, so I might not then, but the week after is another trip to Canada, with longer flights this time! (one leg is 4 hours! :eek)

Hi everyone, Well I completed one and just couldn't help my self I had to start another :lol I'm on rd 26 so it's working up pretty fast. My husband can't believe it. He go's to work and when he comes home it's half done he said lol. I just love doing these. The colors you have all chose is so pretty. I wonder if you could mess one up , it seems like they are all just perfect when they are all done. Well here is my new picture hope you enjoy it.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/SouthernJudy/DSC00218.jpg

Wow Judy you sure are quick. Your ripple is beautiful, I never would have thought to put that varigated with the other 2 colors. well done.:clap

Candace sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he gets better soon.:hug

Champgirl, there are a few round ripple patterns out there. Here are a couple of popular ones. Welcome to the group.

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm - there is a correction in round 3 where it says repeat from you repeat in every other stitch.

I had to restart the rr that I am making for an order. When I went to take a pic of it, I noticed it was wavy. I couldn't figure out what happened, since I have used the same pattern for all of my rr's. Then I looked at the hook and realized I was using the wrong size hook. I was using the same hook I used on the Caron SS rr. That was a big oops, so I frogged it and redid it. Here it is again :D

th_trishrounder1.jpg

th_trishrounder1a.jpg

clickable

It was hard to get the pics to show true, so I am posting 2. It is somewhere in between these 2.

I had to restart the rr that I am making for an order. When I went to take a pic of it, I noticed it was wavy. I couldn't figure out what happened, since I have used the same pattern for all of my rr's. Then I looked at the hook and realized I was using the wrong size hook. I was using the same hook I used on the Caron SS rr. That was a big oops, so I frogged it and redid it. Here it is again :D

th_trishrounder1.jpg

th_trishrounder1a.jpg

clickable

It was hard to get the pics to show true, so I am posting 2. It is somewhere in between these 2.

So Pretty love the color

Jaded Moon,

The one I am making for the MIL is to look like a Sunflower. My dh took the camera with him on a business trip, but when he is home on Thurs I will take a pic and post it!

Heather,

LOL.I wanted to make one of these for my mom for mother's Day. Mom loves 'Bright Wacky' colors Well I picked up Caron Simply soft in their 'brights' line..Yellow, orange, and hot pink with a skein of White to throw in if I need it. It should look grand too. I love how yours is turning out.

ALL of these ripples are so beautiful! The one I am workingon just doesn't lie flat all the way and if you look at it, the 'petals' are not all the same width. It is ending up to be a ' good enough, but I can see all the errors in it' kind of deal. I am very hopefull that the one for my mother will work out better. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Hey all,

You have all inspired me to make a RR. This will be my first one. I don't usually make afghans, because I get bored very easy. I am hoping that being in this CAL will keep me going. Seeing your finished ones are very inspiring, they are all beautiful. I am going to be using pink camouflage and the colors that match it. I will post a pic when I get some done. Thanks for starting this CAL!

Kim :princess

Ok. I finally have pictures!

Here's what it looked like after I got to Kirkland Lake on Monday evening. I had about 3 hours of airport time and about 2.5-3 hours of flying time. Not bad progress if you ask me!

Here it is compleated! I worked on it a few rows during the week and then had about another 3 or 4 hours of airport time and about 3 hours of flying time to work. I got all but the edging row of rsc done. I did the last row of rcs yesterday at work at lunch. It's 33 rows and about 36". A great size for some special little girl! I'll be washing it up and donating it to Project Linus. This really should brighten some little girls day!

Everyone's looks great! I had a lot of fun with this and will be doing another one soon.

Addy, that is so pretty!

Jaded...thanks for the compliment on my RR. I agree about the varigated colors. They do tie it all in. I love to use varigated thread in my quilting for the same reason.

Aussie, I think the colors you're using are great! It's a very bright and happy RR!

Addey, I can't believe you got that much done on the plane and in the airport. It's beautiful.

I also like the RR that's in all the different shades of pink. Is that yours, Jaded? I love them all. I'm losing track of which one belongs to who. :lol

My daughter would like all of those pinks. Every RR I've seen on here is just lovely.

Now on to my not-so-good news...my father is back in the intensive care unit in critical condition. I was there with my Mom until about 4 o'clock this morning. So, it may be a while before I'm able to get anymore done on my RR. I thought about bringing it with me to the hospital to give me something to do while I sat with my Mom, but I don't think I can concentrate enough to not make mistakes. So, I hope this CAL will continue for a while so I can eventually work on mine some more and get more photos up. I am going to try to check here to see the photos when I can. They inspire me.

Cay, Yes the different shades of pink is my RR.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. Take your time, family comes first, we all will still be here when you return. I will keep your father in my prayers. :hug

Hi everyone, Well I completed one and just couldn't help my self I had to start another :lol I'm on rd 26 so it's working up pretty fast. My husband can't believe it. He go's to work and when he comes home it's half done he said lol. I just love doing these. The colors you have all chose is so pretty. I wonder if you could mess one up , it seems like they are all just perfect when they are all done. Well here is my new picture hope you enjoy it.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/SouthernJudy/DSC00218.jpg

I love that one! I agree with you on the color schemes, I am starting to think it is impossible to make an ugly RR. :D

That is very pretty Dreams of Yarn.

Jaded Moon,

The one I am making for the MIL is to look like a Sunflower. My dh took the camera with him on a business trip, but when he is home on Thurs I will take a pic and post it!

Dangerouscrochet, I can't wait to see it!

Well I got bit by the RR bug too

:lol. Here is a pic of mine yesterday. I'm using TLC Citrus with a J hook. I'm doing it in only the variegated yarn so I'm hoping it turns out okay.

citrusRR.jpg

Also is it normal for the ends to curve in? Does that automatically correct itself as it gets bigger?

Well I got bit by the RR bug too

:lol. Here is a pic of mine yesterday. I'm using TLC Citrus with a J hook. I'm doing it in only the variegated yarn so I'm hoping it turns out okay.

Also is it normal for the ends to curve in? Does that automatically correct itself as it gets bigger?

Sewnsew, that is pretty, of course it will turn out ok. My RR curls when I do the 2 rows of the small v stitch but when I do the next 2 rows of the 2 large one it flattens out. I am not sure what pattern you are using, I am using Lyn's Round Ripple.

Kwools so glad to see Shaylen could explain to you how to add points I'm no good at explaining things at all. My fill-ins aren't done the same way but I can see how adding squares would work. The pattern I'm using is in a Leisure Arts Little Books Titled "First Choice Ripple Afghans " I purchased mine at Wal-mart. I also saw the same pattern for sale on ebay in a book titled: "40 Most Favorite Ripple Afghan Crochet Patterns"

GrandmaB: Thanks for the tip about the books. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and found "40 Favoirte Ripple Afghans" I don't buy a lot of pattern books, because of the dozens of patterns in them, I usually only like one or two, but I could see myself making a bunch of these. I think I'll do "Granny's Ripple" first. Of course I have to finish some other WIPs first - like my spiderman round ripple. I've put it aside for a few days while I worked on another afghan I'm doing for another CAL, but I should be getting back to it in a day or two. I'm up to round 29 and liking how it's coming along.

I've been checking in here everyday and I'm blown away by everyone's RRs. I just love seeing all the different color schemes and stripe patterns. This is a great CAL!