Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

clara

this is the pattern used for the round ripple it is 12points just with changeing the colors it will be a spiderman roundripple

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/roundripple.html

and this is the original pattern of the SRR

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/spidermanroundrippleafghan.html

hope that helps ;)

Morning CrochetinClara!!

I'm so glad you are doing better:clap , I usually replaced the "skip the next stitch, with 1 DC, I have to re-count sooooo many times, it isn't even funny:angry , it's not the pattern, it's my brain...LOL

If my hubby tries to talk to me while I'm starting a rr, I'll mess up every time, I've even gone into the bedroom & shut the door, just so I don't have any distractions :eek:think:yes

This is how I made the scallop edge for the round ripple I made, I know that I said I did it like chrome kitty did, but it didn't work,

Here is the way I made the scallops for my round ripple:

Scalloped edging for ripple afghan

I went by this when I made the edge for the rainbow ripple.

I made the 7 stitches in each tip, skipped a stitch, then slip stitch in the next stitch, made 5 DC(with a G hook) in the next stitch( shell), & where we skipped the 2 stitches in the valley when we were making the round ripple?? well instead of skipping them, I slip stitched into the stitches I skipped before, when I was making the round ripple. then it all depends on how big your round ripple is. Mine had 31 rows, so I got 5 shells on each side of the tip......**in the tips chain 2 space make 7 DC**in the shells on each side of the tip make 5 DC with a smaller hook, like a G hook........

This is how I made the scallop edge for the round ripple I made, I know that I said I did it like chrome kitty did, but it didn't work,

Here is the way I made the scallops for my round ripple:

Scalloped edging for ripple afghan

I went by this when I made the edge for the rainbow ripple.

I made the 7 stitches in each tip, skipped a stitch, then slip stitch in the next stitch, made 5 DC(with a G hook) in the next stitch( shell), & where we skipped the 2 stitches in the valley when we were making the round ripple?? well instead of skipping them, I slip stitched into the stitches I skipped before, when I was making the round ripple. then it all depends on how big your round ripple is. Mine had 31 rows, so I got 5 shells on each side of the tip......**in the tips chain 2 space make 7 DC**in the shells on each side of the tip make 5 DC with a smaller hook, like a G hook........

Thanks so much Carol for taking the time to type this up for us. I'm sure we will use it a lot. It was a very nice way to edge a RR. I liked it a lot. Thanks agin.

Judy

Carol, maybe I will have to try that! I usually stop what I'm doing to listen to him and talk, but I wanted to get a few rounds started. So...I guess I tack it up to a lesson learned...lol. And btw...I looked at your blog, very nice projects, your work is beautiful! :yes

q8 crochet, the pattern link you listed is what I have, I think it's posted on another site as well, but thanks! I wasn't paying attention when I started it :D !

I really like the round ripple, and I am going to make another one after the Spiderman. I have some left over yarn I want to use up, hope this thread keeps going. I like checking in and seeing everyone's progress and finished ghans!:clap

SouthernJudy

:welcome :welcome I'm happy to help:yay

CrochetinClara,

:think I learned that the hard way..lol I was trying to figure out, why I kept losing count when I started a rr, & then it kind of just hit me, I need some quiet, please!!! so, it didn't always bug my hubby, I just went into the bedroom until, I got passed the 3rd row!!!

:yarn You should see me when I started the straight ripple afghan, it was so funny, frog was really my middle name, I had to chain 218 chains to start, & I kept losing count, so I'd frog again, & again, until I had some quiet, so I could get the right # of chains...LOL:hook

SouthernJudy

:welcome :welcome I'm happy to help:yay

CrochetinClara,

:think I learned that the hard way..lol I was trying to figure out, why I kept losing count when I started a rr, & then it kind of just hit me, I need some quiet, please!!! so, it didn't always bug my hubby, I just went into the bedroom until, I got passed the 3rd row!!!

:yarn You should see me when I started the straight ripple afghan, it was so funny, frog was really my middle name, I had to chain 218 chains to start, & I kept losing count, so I'd frog again, & again, until I had some quiet, so I could get the right # of chains...LOL:hook

Carol I love to read your crochet stories. I think we have all been there for sure. The worst was with my kids. They would walk up and start talking to me saying " Mom, mom? MOM!!! and I would be counting out loud. 1,2,3 and they would just keep on chatting lol So I would stop and then have to go back and check to make sure I had not lost count. Bless there pea pickin little hearts lol. Now they are grown and they sure love Mom's afghans now lol Oh I also niticed you live in Calif. I was born and raised in Modesto Calif but husband retired and we moved to Arkansas. We just love it here. Such a beautiful state. OOps forgot to say we lived in Iowa before we came to AR. And no more SNOW!!! lol

QueenofCrochet - That's not an ugly RR. In fact, I know some college students who live in the dorms. They will love it as it will look great under purple light in the room with lights off. Party time! :lol

th_HPIM0472.jpg clickable

th_HPIM0469.jpg clickable

Here is my lates rr done just in time for mothers day have three more to do this one is 67" from point to point.

honey112

Your round ripple is just beautiful:manyheart :yay you did such a great job on it, & the scalloped edges really make it all stand out so nice!!

SouthernJudy!!!

It's funny to think about it now, all of the counting I had to do, & re-do...lol

however:think back then, it wasn't quite so funny, but that's ok, it keeps my brain busy:eek :think

bye the way, where we live, we don't get too much snow, except for up in the mountains, we get wind & dust... but not all the time :yes:no:think:eek LOL

QueenofCrochet - That's not an ugly RR. In fact, I know some college students who live in the dorms. They will love it as it will look great under purple light in the room with lights off. Party time! :lol

HaHa! Thank you! :manyheart Ten years ago when I made it, I actually was making it for my Hubby for the same reasons. He thought it was a great thing. :lol Now it's just become an ugly play rug for the kiddos. There our only party now. :lol

GRRRRRR! One and a half more points to do on my Red, White and Blue round ripple and I ran out of yarn! Guess a stop at JoAnn's is on for tomorrow after work!

Everyones RR's are looking great - I so enjoy seeing them all.

Great round ripples everyone!! :hook

I have been working on one for the past couple of weeks. I've just been working on it between other projects. I'm going for bright! Though it does look better in person than it shows in the pic. :) I think I will do about 2 more bright color sections, I have orange but can't find another bright color that I am not already using :think Any ideas?

DSC03452.jpg

Love your colors stormy. Can't get anymore bright and cheerful than that.

I really need to finish my rr . My daughter has her preschool graduation thursday and i want to make her a bear or doll with a graduation cap. So it will have to wait and i'm almost done with the rr too.although i takes about an hr a round now.

I have been working on one for the past couple of weeks. I've just been working on it between other projects. I'm going for bright! Though it does look better in person than it shows in the pic. :) I think I will do about 2 more bright color sections, I have orange but can't find another bright color that I am not already using :think Any ideas?

DSC03452.jpg

Your ghan is coming along beautifully, the bright colors are pretty. I was going to suggest a purple also. I'm not sure what brand yarn your using & what they have to offer as far as colors but i'm sure you'll find something perfect to match. :yes:cheer Good Luck & I can't wait to see what you decide.

Stormy (Diane) - I really like the colors. It reminds me of Crayola crayons. I may use your idea (if you don't mind) for the one I was going to make for one of my granddaughters.

I think it looks fine even without one. You could play around with various numbers of dc/ch and see what looks good when it is laid flat. Excellent job, by the way.

it is beautiful as it is. I wonder if you repeated some of the inner colors how it would look? Too many colors might make it look too "busy". a purple if anything might be nice.

think I will do about 2 more bright color sections, I have orange but can't find another bright color that I am not already using :think Any ideas?

DSC03452.jpg

What about white??:think Bright purple came to mind first, but white might be easier to find.

DSC03452.jpg

WOW, I love your RR! I think a purple would look great, if you can find a nice bright one!