Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seaso

Its beautiful!!! Well done I think I would keep it too! ;-)

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Posted Images

Lisa, It turned out really pretty.

Something really funny. I went to post the previous post and as it was loading so was your message. It was really cool. :)

Here is the latest on my other RR I am working on. This one is going to be a lot smaller than the last one I just finished.

002-3.jpg

Melissa:clap

I like your round ripple, what color are you using?

I had to take some time away for another project but I finally ran out of yarn on this tonight! It's not very big but I was just trying to use up leftover yarn. I think this one is mine!

purplerr.jpg

Lisa

Your round ripple is beautiful:manyheart

Thanks! I love all the colors! I think every one here has made some beautiful pieces of art!! I'm getting ready to use up some more left over yarn, this one for a baby boy!! Starting a new one is sooo much fun!!

Wow , lots of posts in here today .

Tabby- your RR is not ugly-- it's very bright and colorful ! And I dont think it looks bad at all for one of your first ever projects. Looks pretty nice to me !

I wish I had saved my first crocheted THING .

I don' t even know what you'd call it. I think it was supposed to be a placemat, but it turned out about the size of a dishcloth, a really WEIRD shaped one .

My first afghan I tried to make, I had no clue how big to make my starting chain, but it was back when I worked at the hospital night shift and all the nurses crocheted and knitted . I started an afghan that would have probably covered a HOUSE . :lol

Great work on all the new photos posted here- you ladies have talent !

Thank you everyone. Carol, I am not sure of the color. I only had a few skeins of it and there wasn't a label. It is some pastel varriagated though. I think it was some of the Walmart Mainstays yarns.

Tabby

I agree with JulieKay, your round ripple isn't ugly, it's bright, & cheerful:clap my hubby even thinks so:cheer great job!!!

Thank you everyone. Carol, I am not sure of the color. I only had a few skeins of it and there wasn't a label. It is some pastel varriagated though. I think it was some of the Walmart Mainstays yarns.

Thank you Melissa, I use the mainstays too,

I like to use the Mainstays too. Unfortunatly, they don't always carry it here. It seems to be something they bring out every once in awhile. I have a lot of it in my stash though.

I don't know if you wanted a 9 point round ripple, but that's what I count, and if the yarn seems a little thicker, you might want to use a bigger hook.

:thinkOk, lol....I just took a look at the pattern, I am using Stitch'n Frog's Spiderman Round Ripple (http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-qgW50WM2eq_FTtR.HOXoDro-?cq=1&p=74). I counted the points on her blanket...and I messed up! There should be 12 points, not the 9 I have going on!! How did I manage to do that?!:think Oh, I guess I could put alittle blame on DH, he was talking to me when I started!;)

LOL...I am going to start over! Thanx!

I popped in and look at all the postings. You ladies have made my day, I just love seeing all your pictures and reading your posts. Your all doing great and as always such beautiful work. :clap I have been working on a spidyghan and have about 8 more rds to go when I realized that the black rds was suppose to be SC's :eek OOOPs!!!! oh well i'm sure not going to frog it all out so guess the little guy i'm giving it to won't notice :devil So I have to make another one and I will be more careful this time :yes Have a great evening and I will see ya soon. :hug

:thinkOk, lol....I just took a look at the pattern, I am using Stitch'n Frog's Spiderman Round Ripple (http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-qgW50WM2eq_FTtR.HOXoDro-?cq=1&p=74). I counted the points on her blanket...and I messed up! There should be 12 points, not the 9 I have going on!! How did I manage to do that?!:think Oh, I guess I could put alittle blame on DH, he was talking to me when I started!;)

LOL...I am going to start over! Thanx!

Hi CrochetinClara

that happens a lot to me, I try to watch tv, & listen to my hubby , & crochet all at the same time, & it just doesn't work:think I frog a lot:eek :eek

Just wanted to drop in to say how pretty everyone's round ripples are!! The color combos are great. Now that we are just about all moved, I will be able to crochet again. I have only been making dishcloths and washcloths during the move since they are extremely fast and easy to do. I can't wait to get back to my round ripples.

Again, beautiful work ladies :clap:clap:clap

I popped in and look at all the postings. You ladies have made my day, I just love seeing all your pictures and reading your posts. Your all doing great and as always such beautiful work. :clap I have been working on a spidyghan and have about 8 more rds to go when I realized that the black rds was suppose to be SC's :eek OOOPs!!!! oh well i'm sure not going to frog it all out so guess the little guy i'm giving it to won't notice :devil So I have to make another one and I will be more careful this time :yes Have a great evening and I will see ya soon. :hug

don't feel bad i did that too. like you say i wasn't going to frog it. it looks fine that way and my son loved it so who cares, i just put my own spin on the pattern.

Love your colors could I please ask you how did you do the edging? I am working on two for mothers day and would love to put this edging on them . Happy crocheting

This is the edging I did:

Slip stitch in next dc, ch 3, 8dc in same st, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc. *^(skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc) across to last dc before ch-2 sp, skip next dc, 9 dc in next ch-2 sp, skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, (skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc) across to last dc of same section, sc in sp between sections, skip next dc ^, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * 6 more times, then repeat from ^ to ^ once, join with slip st to firt dc, finish off.

Thank you so muchLov2Crochet. :hug Hope you have a great day.

This is the edging I did:

Slip stitch in next dc, ch 3, 8dc in same st, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc. *^(skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc) across to last dc before ch-2 sp, skip next dc, 9 dc in next ch-2 sp, skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, (skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc) across to last dc of same section, sc in sp between sections, skip next dc ^, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * 6 more times, then repeat from ^ to ^ once, join with slip st to firt dc, finish off.

You did a great job on your rr love your colors. Have a great day happy crocheting.

Everyone's RRs are so pretty!

I finished my first last night and started the spiderman for my son.

486951722_b4155fbbaa.jpg

486951732_8cfd6b2c64_m.jpg

I don't know what happened in the begining, but it isn't laying flat in the center :think . It has started to lay flat as the rounds get added, so I'll do a few more and see, may have to start over.

What a great job all the colors work together. keep up the great work

Oh wow!! I don't stop in too check for a few days and wow!!! There are sooo many beautiful RR's. I finished up my scrap one. :) And I am still working on another one.

Here is the scrap one.

025.jpg

this is not an UGLY rr I like the colors it is very cheerful colors. great job. Keep up the great work

Julie~As promised here is my UGLY rr. Please keep in mind I made it 10 years ago & my skills were not as good. As you can see the points are all off, one actually looks straight from one to the next. :lol And the colors are hideous but like I said I had to use what people gave me back then. ;) Now you have officially seen your first UGLY rr. :lol

(clickable)

th_100_0360.jpg

th_100_0359.jpg

:lolI pulled all the yarn out of the Spiderman, and started over. And again, I had 9 points :think . So I pulled it apart, and started again. Well, I am blonde...and I had a big big blonde moment(or moments!). On the thrid round, it says.. ch3, *skip the next st,1dc, ch2, 1dc in next st. Repeat from *. For some reason, all the years of crocheting had left me and I was doing 1dc,ch2,skipthe next st,1dc,ch2,skip the next st....:lol :lol :lol ! Oh my, it's better now..I found my way back!