Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

NSS, I love it! It is so pretty. Love the edging you did. I wish I could get the hang of it. I keep trying!

I am almost done with my spiderweb ghan. I have one (maybe 2, can't decide) blue section(s) to do, then I will be on to the webbing. I have 2 more to do after this one, but have no deadline for those.

Dreams of yarn Here is how this stitch finally clicked for me

Try this

usually I need to use 1 size smaller hook.

:blush Thanks everyone!!!

It's boxed and ready to go to it's new home next week!!

I LOVE all the action here

NSS, I love it! It is so pretty. Love the edging you did. I wish I could get the hang of it. I keep trying!

I am almost done with my spiderweb ghan. I have one (maybe 2, can't decide) blue section(s) to do, then I will be on to the webbing. I have 2 more to do after this one, but have no deadline for those.

Hi Mell, Good to see ya

I finished the Spiderman afghan last night. I didn't realize there was an error in the color chart for the last 2 blue segments. I think it turned out ok. I can't wait for my grandson to see it finished.

DSCF0243-adj.jpg

Laurie, that turned out great! You did a great job on it!

I noticed that there are a couple of places that the color chart and the picture don't match. I am doing mine according to the color chart. I may put in a third blue section at the end. I haven't decided yet.

Is the final webbing hard to do?

The final webbing is actually pretty easy to do. Keep your stitches lose particularly the sl sts. The problem I had was having this big afghan sitting on my lap and then having to shift it as I went down the point towards the center. It took me about 3 nights to get all the webbing done.

Ok, so I've seen a few different patterns for this and without having to look through 104 pages of message posts... could someone tell me which pattern is the best to use? Thanks! I really want to get started on one!

Here are some links.

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/spidermanroundrippleafghan.html

If you have the display mode set to threaded mode, you won't have so many pages to go through. That's what I use.

Good Evening All:clap

I'm sorry that I haven't been here this week, very much, I have been sick, with my epilepsey, & the only thing I've been able to do, is, crochet a little

All of your round ripple afghans are so very beautiful:cheer :clap:yay

I have about 3 rows, & I'll be finished with the monet rr :hook

I hope all of you have a great weekend:yes :hug

Good Evening All:clap

I'm sorry that I haven't been here this week, very much, I have been sick, with my epilepsey, & the only thing I've been able to do, is, crochet a little

All of your round ripple afghans are so very beautiful:cheer :clap:yay

I have about 3 rows, & I'll be finished with the monet rr :hook

I hope all of you have a great weekend:yes :hug

So sorry to here your not feeling well Carol. I will keep you in my prayers. May God Bless You And Keep you Safe.

You're not talking to yourself. I read every one of your posts. I guess I'm just not a very chatty person.

Judy, I read every one of your posts too. You are not talking to yourself. I have been extremely busy lately with my round ripples and other goodies I have in the works. Plus I'm still trying to get our new place organized and put together. That is a HUGE job.

Please don't think you are talking to yourself. We are reading what you write. I truly enjoy reading what you have to say.

You're not talking to yourself. I read every one of your posts. I guess I'm just not a very chatty person.

Whew!! Thanks Laurie, Sorry bout that I think I was having one of those days when I posted that lol Sorry.You laadies are just great and I really look forward to all your postings. hugzzzzz

Judy, I read every one of your posts too. You are not talking to yourself. I have been extremely busy lately with my round ripples and other goodies I have in the works. Plus I'm still trying to get our new place organized and put together. That is a HUGE job.

Please don't think you are talking to yourself. We are reading what you write. I truly enjoy reading what you have to say.

Thankyou Mel, Like I told Laurie,I think I was having one of those day when I put that in the post. Sorry bout that. I feel all better now :) Menopause bites LOLOL You all are the greatest. I'm really having a lot of fun with you all doing these RR's Hope your day has been a good one. Hugzzzzzzzz

Judy, don't give it another thought. I just wanted you to know that even when I don't post very often, I am reading a lot on the 'ville.

Right now I have 2 round ripple ghans going plus 2 round ripple rugs. I also have a 2 strander ghan, dishcloths, and other projects going. And my list of orders continues to grow :D

I just hope my hands and wrists don't give out on me. Right now I am crocheting with a brace on one and an ace bandage on the other. I'm doing everything I can to keep them from getting too bad. Carpal tunnel, tendonitis and arthritis in the hands and wrists can create havoc to a crocheter trying to stay on a schedule.

Yes, menopause does bite. And I really hate the hot flashes. But I don't call them hot flashes anymore, I call them Power Surges :lol:lol

I guess I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get hot flashes. Because of the living history events I do, we call them Personal Summers.

Laurie, Personal Summers!! I like that one too. I don't get them too often (luckily). I have heard horror stories about them and was dreading them. I got them in the winter, so I can't complain much. Cheap way to keep warm :lol:lol

Dear Judy,

I am still pretty new around the Ville and although I read certain threads frequently, I don't post that often. Just wanna say thanks for you being Bo-Peep to all us little sheep. I enjoy this thread and love all the colorful RRs, which constantly give me new ideas for the next one. Just finishing up my first...probably will be done tonight.

And you, Laurie and Mel just made me chuckle a little too, with talk about the big "M." I have another phrase for the flashes. I say I am having "thermostatic control issues."

Thanks for being my crochet friends...I really don't have anyone around here who crochets or wants to learn. I have 3 sons, and no daughters to teach. Mom and sis are 400 miles from me, but they are knitters. Well, at least we are all yarnaholics.

Thanks to all for listening!

FootballMom, glad I was able to make you chuckle. And I love 'thermostatic control issues'. I'm going to have to remember that one.

I can't wait to see your round ripple. I am almost done with my 1st spider web round ripple. I hope to have mine done by tomorrow night, but I'm not holding my breath on that one :lol

Judy, don't give it another thought. I just wanted you to know that even when I don't post very often, I am reading a lot on the 'ville.

Right now I have 2 round ripple ghans going plus 2 round ripple rugs. I also have a 2 strander ghan, dishcloths, and other projects going. And my list of orders continues to grow :D

I just hope my hands and wrists don't give out on me. Right now I am crocheting with a brace on one and an ace bandage on the other. I'm doing everything I can to keep them from getting too bad. Carpal tunnel, tendonitis and arthritis in the hands and wrists can create havoc to a crocheter trying to stay on a schedule.

Yes, menopause does bite. And I really hate the hot flashes. But I don't call them hot flashes anymore, I call them Power Surges :lol:lol

Power surges? LOLOL thats funny. Girl you sound like you have your hands full of projects. Hope you get them all finished on time. :)

I guess I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get hot flashes. Because of the living history events I do, we call them Personal Summers.

Whew!! I do have my share of personal summers then lol Oh and those nite time flashes are just wonderful lol

Dear Judy,

I am still pretty new around the Ville and although I read certain threads frequently, I don't post that often. Just wanna say thanks for you being Bo-Peep to all us little sheep. I enjoy this thread and love all the colorful RRs, which constantly give me new ideas for the next one. Just finishing up my first...probably will be done tonight.

And you, Laurie and Mel just made me chuckle a little too, with talk about the big "M." I have another phrase for the flashes. I say I am having "thermostatic control issues."

Thanks for being my crochet friends...I really don't have anyone around here who crochets or wants to learn. I have 3 sons, and no daughters to teach. Mom and sis are 400 miles from me, but they are knitters. Well, at least we are all yarnaholics.

Thanks to all for listening!

Aww,thankyou so much for your kind words. You have all made me feel so much better. I'm so happy I have you all as my crochet friends. :)