Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seaso

Its beautiful!!! Well done I think I would keep it too! ;-)

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Posted Images

Here is the second round ripple that I am making for the silent auction. I think this one is my favorite of all the rr's I've done so far. I will be making myself one in these colors one of these days. It is 63" point to point.

th_tlcroundrippledone1a.jpg

clickable

Mel that is beautiful. Great work.:clap:cheer

Judy congratulations on becoming a grandma. I hope mum and baby are doing well.

Lisa your round ripple is beautiful. Its very cheery to look at.:clap

Clara your spiderman ripple looks great.:clap I would love to do one of these but I dont have a boy to give it to. Can I ask how many rows of each color you do and is the colors medium blue and red. I might have to just make one of these just for the sake of it.

Honey your ripple is beautiful too. :clap Love the pinks is it for a baby.

Gene welcome to this cal.

Mel wow you have made heaps of ripples. Your one busy lady.

I am halfway finished with my xmas ripple. These ripples are so easy to do, Im trying to convince my mum that she can do this.

i really want to join. i've been staring at the round ripple cal and today i dared to peek at what you guys are doing. now i REALLY want to join. they're so beautiful and you can be so creative with them.

i have my colors and pattern picked out.

after reading the pattern i am a bit confused about how to keep going after the ninth round, but if i dont figure it out on my own, i'll give you guys a holler.

i really want to join. i've been staring at the round ripple cal and today i dared to peek at what you guys are doing. now i REALLY want to join. they're so beautiful and you can be so creative with them.

i have my colors and pattern picked out.

after reading the pattern i am a bit confused about how to keep going after the ninth round, but if i dont figure it out on my own, i'll give you guys a holler.

Welcome aboard!

Since I don't know which pattern you are using, all I can say right now is to keep repeating rows 7-9. If you can tell me which pattern you are using, I can give you more info.

Mel,

I checked out your photobucket pics. Wow! You REALLY like round ripples! I like your color choices. I'm going out today to buy some yarn and you have influenced my decision.

Oh, already I KNOW that i am going to be doing more more more round ripples. They are so easy and fast. I'm on my 20th round (approx). It looks great. I have about three more in mind to make already! Oh, I am so glad that I joined this CAL.

PS. I figured what to do after round nine. It's so fun.

I'll post some progress pics later.

Clara your spiderman ripple looks great.:clap I would love to do one of these but I dont have a boy to give it to. Can I ask how many rows of each color you do and is the colors medium blue and red. I might have to just make one of these just for the sake of it.

Wendy,

The colors I used were Red Heart's Bright Red and Royal Blue. I started with the 3 rows, 1 row of the black, then 3 rows. Then 1 row of the black, 5 rows, 1 row of black, 5 rows, etc. I increased by 2 more rows for each 'section' if you want to call it that.

Mel,

I checked out your photobucket pics. Wow! You REALLY like round ripples! I like your color choices. I'm going out today to buy some yarn and you have influenced my decision.

Yes, I really like making round ripples! So far with all I've made, the only one that is mine is a rug, and that isn't really mine, since it is in the entryway. Seems like every time I make one I would really like to keep, I either end up giving it away or someone buys it. One of these days I'll have my own :D

I just finished up one for an order. I am working on resizing the pic's, then I will post it.

:whewI finished the latest round ripple in time to send it off with my Dad to have it delivered to the lady that ordered it. If I hadn't finished it by the time he left with my DD, it wouldn't have been delivered until next week.

I had to alter the color pattern halfway through. She decided she wanted to use it as a wall hanging, and it would have been WAY too big for the wall space she has for it. I sent a message to her that if she didn't like the way I did the color pattern, I would redo it for her. It ended up being about 51" instead of the 60+ it would/should have been.

It was extremely hard to get a good picture of this to show the true colors.

th_JanetsRounder1Church.jpg

th_JanetsRounder1aChurch.jpg

clickable

DreamsOfYarn-Your afghan is bold and beautiful, I really like the color combos and how the black breaks it up. You are so talented and all your afgans look amazing. I usally end up giving alot of my stuff away too, I just figure its because crocheters have such big hearts.:bheart :manyheart

Just peeping in here to see if anyone can help me. I am making a RR using the Van Gogh technique that is another CAL here. I am having trouble with what to do with the edging.

I did a two strand RR - with alternating colors, each 3 rows around. The last set of three rows is a double strand of two same color purples. I am ready to do the very last row but am unsure of what is an appropriate edging to do for this RR? The only other one I did I edged in HDC's all the way around.

Should my very last row be two strands of hdc in purple?

Just need some guidelines please!

what would happen if you made a round ripple with hdc on one side/portion and dc on the other side?

Would you get a really neat off-centre ghan or just a plain old mess? :wlol

this might be fun to try... just don't tell Julie

KnicKnac. I think you should use the darkest colour you have... just plain and sharp for the last row.

However.... Have you considered using something like a sedge stitch for the edging as it gives a nice effect?

KK, I think it is a sc,hdc, dc in the same stitch. But not positive on that.

yep... that's it. you can do (sc, ch1, dc) or (sc, 2dc) in every 3rd st (every sc that is) but it makes a nice effect.

I just love coming in here and looking at all the great color combo's on these things.

Here's a preemie rr I did yesterday thought I'd put it in here too. :lol

th_crochet137.jpgclickable

Nicole,

I think your colors are lovely, I don't think there is ever a wrong way to do these. I have one finshed to post pics of and two more started. What kind of yarn are you using?

Nichole, I don't agree about using less white. i think you have it right as it is. it is a White ghan with those lovely accent colours. I really like that one. It is so fresh and just pops off the screen at you. Great one!:cheer