Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone's RRs grow, and have gotten a lot of great ideas for future projects.

I finally finished my first one this afternoon! I really liked doing this one, but I made it a lot bigger than I had planned...it is about 70 inches across.

Have already bought the yarn for the next one...royal blue and white, for number 1 son, a Duke grad and forever Blue Devil fan. He will be moving away from home in the very near future, and he requested a "Duke" afghan when he saw that I made one for baby brother in his college's colors.

I posted some of my "along the way" photos on page 101, post 1004. But here are the most recent.

Hobart7.jpg

Hobart8.jpg

I added the shell border in navy, because I thought the white along the edges would get too grimy, especially being used in a football stadium.

Maybe I'll take a break for a while and let cooking dinner distract me from starting the next one. But, I'll be back soon! LOL :)

I started a new one in shades of purple so I will get pic of it and post all of the pic of the rr I have done or started. My pastor should love this one. It is her favorite color. I will give it as a house warming present or for her birthday on Sept. 11. which ever comes first. She is looking for a new place to rent so that will probably happen first, anyway I will let you know how she likes it when she gets it.

This is my first attempt to do a Round Ripple Crochet.

I started last May 18th (done last night, the 24th). I was already on my 22nd round, when I realized I was not making it correctly 'coz the doily is turning out to be a big beret. Hahahaha! funny! I ripped everything till the 4th round and started all over again. Here is the final product. I hope I got it right this time. I finished off at the 36th round.

Made from No.8 Mercerized Cotton Crochet Thread

Combination of Brown and Mocha colors

Using #6 Aluminum Crochet Hook.

Finished size is 51.5 cm wide.

Picture068.jpg

I've picked out the yarn for my next round ripple. Now if I can just decide how I'm going to have the colors. So many choices, I can't decide on what to do. I have at least 5 skeins of each color. First I thought I'd use the solid brown as a one row divider between the other two colors. Then I thought I'd keep each color the same number of rows. This indecision is killing me.

DSCF0302-adj.jpg

Laurie,

I was in the same situation as you the other day. I am making my second ripple for the silent auction at our church. I gathered the different colors of yarn, sat down to start, but just couldn't decide what color pattern I was going to use. I also had 1 variegated and 2 solid colors. There were so many possibilities!

I worked up a swatch of a regular ripple to see how I liked the colors. I ended up making 3 swatches and still couldn't decide. I grabbed one more solid color that matched the variegated and used that as a divider color, worked up a few more swatches and it finally came together. I ended up making the variegated wider than two solid colors, with a row of divider between each color.

This is a picture of my progress as of yesterday. After I got the row I was working on done, I am now repeating the entire color pattern.

th_tlcroundripple1.jpg

clickable

That's gorgeous!! Is your variegated the Choco-Cherry? With the yarn I'm using, what would you suggest for a fourth color?

Laurie, yes it is choco cherry. I will have to pull out my skein that I have here of the variegated you are using and see what other color would match.

Beth, thank you! It took a while to get the color sequence just right. I'm glad I didn't 'settle' for one of the other combo's I came up with. The 4th color was key on this particular round ripple.

Wow such pretty colors on those RR's. They all look wonderfull.

Here is my latest one. It is pretty small only 21 inches across, I'm giving it to my cat for a bed. Just need to think out how I might turn it into a pillow instead of just a rug.

th_crochet121.jpgclickable.

Love you colors they work well together. Thanks for sharing the way you came up with you color pattern. There are just so many possibitities you never get board.

Laurie,

I was in the same situation as you the other day. I am making my second ripple for the silent auction at our church. I gathered the different colors of yarn, sat down to start, but just couldn't decide what color pattern I was going to use. I also had 1 variegated and 2 solid colors. There were so many possibilities!

I worked up a swatch of a regular ripple to see how I liked the colors. I ended up making 3 swatches and still couldn't decide. I grabbed one more solid color that matched the variegated and used that as a divider color, worked up a few more swatches and it finally came together. I ended up making the variegated wider than two solid colors, with a row of divider between each color.

This is a picture of my progress as of yesterday. After I got the row I was working on done, I am now repeating the entire color pattern.

th_tlcroundripple1.jpg

clickable

i`ll be working on my round ripple afghan these three days to finish it as soon as possible so i can give to hubby once he comes back from travleing :)

All three are Coats & Clark TLC Essentials -- Robin Egg (blue), Surf n Turf (variegated), and Dark Brown.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone's RRs grow, and have gotten a lot of great ideas for future projects.

I finally finished my first one this afternoon! I really liked doing this one, but I made it a lot bigger than I had planned...it is about 70 inches across.

Have already bought the yarn for the next one...royal blue and white, for number 1 son, a Duke grad and forever Blue Devil fan. He will be moving away from home in the very near future, and he requested a "Duke" afghan when he saw that I made one for baby brother in his college's colors.

I posted some of my "along the way" photos on page 101, post 1004. But here are the most recent.

Hobart7.jpg

Hobart8.jpg

I added the shell border in navy, because I thought the white along the edges would get too grimy, especially being used in a football stadium.

Maybe I'll take a break for a while and let cooking dinner distract me from starting the next one. But, I'll be back soon! LOL :)

FootballMom

Your round ripple is so pretty, & you did a great job on the scalloped edge:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Well I made it to iowa and you should have known I couldn't stay out of The Ville :D I hope your all doing well. I see you have been working on your RR's and they all look great ! I have started one for my son inlaw in the colors of the Green Bay Packers Ihave it about half finished. Oh and I should tell you, no baby yet but it's getting very close. My daughter even had a few contractions today, so soon :clap

WEll I better get going for now. Keep up all the good work and i will check in agin soon. :hug

I've picked out the yarn for my next round ripple. Now if I can just decide how I'm going to have the colors. So many choices, I can't decide on what to do. I have at least 5 skeins of each color. First I thought I'd use the solid brown as a one row divider between the other two colors. Then I thought I'd keep each color the same number of rows. This indecision is killing me.

DSCF0302-adj.jpg

Hi Laurie, Those are the colors I used in my Blue Star ghan. If you want to put a 4th color in I would go with the light brown color in the varigated.

hi everyone its me!

i've got to confess to lurkiing again, but everyone is diong such a great job all the colors are lovely!

still lurkin around

Karla