Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

It looks lovely!! If you need help with the webbing instructions just give a holler and I'll try to explain it better.

Very pretty Mel. I'm thinking if you did one more repeat of the broad stripe followed by the skiny ones, that might be enough. I think you should end on the skiny ones at any rate, gives it a nice border without too much effort!

I'm sure you'll be able to get one of your own rr's one of these days :lol But I always feel great when someone just has to have one of my projects...

Everyone's round ripple's are just beautiful. Great job everyone :clap:clap:clap

Here is my latest project I'm working on. I had to put the spiderman ripple on hold for a little while. All I have to do is the final webbing, and it is giving me fits. I just can't grasp how to do it, so I have put it aside and am now working on this round ripple. It is going to be one of a few things I make for a Silent Auction at our church. The youth group is going on a Mission trip in June, and they thought that it would be a good idea to have a Silent Auction to help raise some money for the trip. My DD is going, and has told me what items she would like me to make for the Auction. I have until June 1 to get my items done. :sweatI hope I can get them all done.

Here is the rr. Right now it is 41" point to point. I haven't decided how big to make this one yet. I guess I'll keep going until it looks right :lol

This is one I was actually making for myself, since I still haven't made myself one yet. When my DD saw this one, she said it needed to be for the auction. Eventually I will have my own rr ;)

th_caronripple3.jpg

clickable

Great job Mel I really like your colors. I have also been thinking about doing one for a auction for our youth for their summer camp that is coming up very soon. I better get to work lol

Well ladies, I've just finished another set of baby RRs for a friend at my church who's expecting twins sometime in the next month. I'll post a pic after I retrieve it from my camera later tonite. And I have yet another few RRs in process, so I'll be part of this CAL for awhile yet.

I love seeing everyon'e pictures - lots of lovely work here!

Everyone's round ripple's are just beautiful. Great job everyone :clap:clap:clap

Here is my latest project I'm working on. I had to put the spiderman ripple on hold for a little while. All I have to do is the final webbing, and it is giving me fits. I just can't grasp how to do it, so I have put it aside and am now working on this round ripple. It is going to be one of a few things I make for a Silent Auction at our church. The youth group is going on a Mission trip in June, and they thought that it would be a good idea to have a Silent Auction to help raise some money for the trip. My DD is going, and has told me what items she would like me to make for the Auction. I have until June 1 to get my items done. :sweatI hope I can get them all done.

Here is the rr. Right now it is 41" point to point. I haven't decided how big to make this one yet. I guess I'll keep going until it looks right :lol

This is one I was actually making for myself, since I still haven't made myself one yet. When my DD saw this one, she said it needed to be for the auction. Eventually I will have my own rr ;)

th_caronripple3.jpg

clickable

Hi Mel

your round ripple is so pretty:cheer you're doing a great job:yes :hook:clap

Well ladies, I've just finished another set of baby RRs for a friend at my church who's expecting twins sometime in the next month. I'll post a pic after I retrieve it from my camera later tonite. And I have yet another few RRs in process, so I'll be part of this CAL for awhile yet.

I love seeing everyon'e pictures - lots of lovely work here!

Nice to see you, so glad you joined us. Looking forward to seeing your work :)

Everybody is still churning out some beauties. I'm going to do some more on my spiderman rr tomorrow (or really later today I guess) :) I got 3 rows added to my blended rr today.

mel i love yours

oh you can`t imagine how much my hubby loved the round ripple i`m making for him

but when i decided to see how many inchs more i need to add i was shocked it is 40'' wide from point to point i need more 45'' to fit his length as a bedspread loooooooooool :lol

i should work harder on it these days

Would love to join and make a round ripple is it to late.

Tonya

It's never to late to join. We would love to have you. We will look forward to you progress pictures. There are a lot of great ladies here hope you enjoy it here and make lots of friends. :)

I finished my son's spiderman rr last night, and started the web. I understand how to do it, but how do I finish it when I get to the center? I have a loop now, where my hook would be if I were still going to make more web. I don't know how to end, if I pull the yarn up through the loop, then it's not connected to the afghan and just hangs. And I tried pulling it to the back to tie off, and it pulls the web apart. What did I do wrong?:think

Hi Ladies,

Just a short note to let you all know i'm leaveing for Iowa in the morning. My Daughter is due to have her baby any day now. I hope to pop in from time to time on her pc while i'm there to see how everything is going. I plan to be working on a RR while i'm there for my Grandson in his school colors and one as a surprise for my husband for Father's Day. So wish me luck I have never traveled alone before and it's a 10 hour trip there. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will miss you all. Keep those hooks a working and I will see ya soon. :hug

I've been working on these for two months - made two of them for a friend at church who is expecting twin boys. I like how they worked up in this yarn. Only have room for one picture here:

DSC01340.jpg

When you get to the center, you should have just ch 3. Cut the yarn about 3" away from the hook. This is the tail. Then pull the tail through the last loop on the hook. This keeps the ch st from unraveling. Thread a needle with the tail and push the needle through the center to the back. Give a slight tug to make sure that the last ch you made is close to the afghan and weave in the tail.

i got rr # 2 done yesterday and #3 was done last week. i took a break on 2 because i needed to get 3 done first for a new baby. the little girl for 2 had her birthday last night and everyone loved it. i will post pics when i get them downloaded then loaded to photobucket. sometime in the next couple of days.

I thought I was almost finished with my Stadium RR a couple of times, but when I "tried it on" and wrapped it around my shoulders, I decided to make it bigger, so I could hold onto it with just one hand. I think I got carried away and may have made it too big! In any case, size-wise, it is done now, but need to finish it off with a border. I am leaning towards a shell border. Second choice is a reverse sc.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know what worked and looked nice on your RR. I could go through all 110 pages of this thread, but I am already spending far too much time here lately...I am an addict!

Thanks!

PS: Best wishes to Judy and her almost here new grandbaby!

When you get to the center, you should have just ch 3. Cut the yarn about 3" away from the hook. This is the tail. Then pull the tail through the last loop on the hook. This keeps the ch st from unraveling. Thread a needle with the tail and push the needle through the center to the back. Give a slight tug to make sure that the last ch you made is close to the afghan and weave in the tail.

Thank you, that's simple enough! I wasn't sure if there was a 'trick' to ending it!

I have finished the round ripple that I am donating to the Silent Auction that is being held to raise money for the Mission Trip the Youth Group at our Church will be going on in Late June. This is the one that was going to be mine, but my DD asked me to donate it. She will be going on the trip, even if she is still limping around from her ankle injury. She has 1 month for it to heal. I'm not sure it will be completely healed by then. She injured it pretty bad.

So once again, a round ripple that was going to be mine won't be :cry. But that is fine with me. It is going to a very good cause.

th_caronrippledone1.jpg

clickable