Margarite Bedspread

habetlerm

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get back to work on that bedspread!!! I know how it is when you start working on other projects. The poor WIP starts to languish....So I'm here to puch, push, push you into keeping focused!

I started a bedspread once upon a time...my advice: DON'T STOP TILL YOU'RE DONE!!! It will be so beautiful and so worth the effort...I took a break from working on mine "to make a couple of quick projects" with the intention of getting right back to work...this was over a year ago. My bedspread - or shall I say the BEGINNING of my bedspread now rests in the depths of my cedar chest patiently waiting for me to muster up the moxy to finish...perhaps you have given me a bit of motivation...

What a crazy summer this has been. I haven't been able to check on anything since my husband went in for knee replacement in May.

I've finished 22!!!!!!!

Way to go girl!!!!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

• 2 weeks later...
I started a bedspread once upon a time...my advice: DON'T STOP TILL YOU'RE DONE!!! It will be so beautiful and so worth the effort...I took a break from working on mine "to make a couple of quick projects" with the intention of getting right back to work...this was over a year ago. My bedspread - or shall I say the BEGINNING of my bedspread now rests in the depths of my cedar chest patiently waiting for me to muster up the moxy to finish...perhaps you have given me a bit of motivation...

I do hope that you get back to your bedspread. Send a picture so I can see what you're doing.

I've been working on this for at least a year, on and off. I won't stop but I do need to get this wedding afghan done.

Everyone here helps me to stay on track thanks!!!!!

I do hope that you get back to your bedspread. Send a picture so I can see what you're doing.

I've been working on this for at least a year, on and off. I won't stop but I do need to get this wedding afghan done.

Everyone here helps me to stay on track thanks!!!!!

Keep up the good work! Your persistance will pay off! I would share a picture of mine, but I don't currently own a digital camera (it's on the to do list along with my bedspread). Are you joining motifs as you go, or do you join them once they are all completed? I would love to see an updated picture of your progress - even if you just lay all of the completed motifs together unjoined for a quick photo...I bet it's coming along beautifully!

habetlerm,,,

are you joining the motifs as you make them?

You haven't said if you are or not in the posts. I hope you are it makes it go faster getting your spread done. Beautioful motif I sure cannot wait to see the whole thing. keep :hook crocheting:hook a little everyday.

Wow! What an admirable undertaking! You have a very very lucky daughter!

I know you can finish it, one stunning, elegant, timeless hexagon at time. We are all rooting for you and cheering from the sideline!:cheer

Take pics of the progress... 22 down is AMAZING.

you can mos def do the rest!

I haven't been putting them together. They are easier to store that way. But I may start or I might just laying them out to see what it's like. I'll keep you posted.

Pam - I tried thread crochet for years and my fingers didn't want to work. I kept thread and hook next to me and tried whenever I felt like it. Then one day I picked it up and I could do it. Don't know why.

Keep trying.

I was looking through my stash trying to find a doily pattern that I felt like making, and I stumbled across a pattern that looks remarkably similar to this one. I think it's probably a little different, since it's marketed by a different thread company (Phildar? ever heard if it?), but it's in a 1982 McCall's Design Ideas Knit and Crochet for the Home. It's called Waterlily.

http://amandascrochetconfessional.blogspot.com/2007/09/waterlily-bedspread.html

Amanda

Wow! I looked at your photos. I'm sure you'll finish this gorgeous spread. Anyone who does work like that other bedspread, the tablecloth & Irish afghan, can crochet anything. You do wonderful work!!!

I just found this thread...sign me on as one of your cheerleaders. What a beautiful bedspread. When I saw the motif I just went, "Oh my goodness..." You're getting there...what's your motif count at now?

Wow, you are all so fantastic - how can I not complete this. I am on a break because of the wedding afghan but will soon have to do that only at night and can bring the motifs to work on at lunch.

You guys amaze me.

Archived