Margarite Bedspread

habetlerm

Hooray for the 14th! Another down.

A shawl for a friend... have you made a Seraphina? Quite easy to do, a lovely shape and everyone I've given one to loves them. I like to use larger than called for hooks. I've even made some from baby sport with a K or J hook just to get that drape I love. The only problem is that her directions are wonky. Go by her pictures and you'll be fine.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had greatly admired this when I first saw it, but when I tried to show it to a friend, I found that we couldn't see the pictures. Can everyone else see them, is it just my computer?

I don't know, amdm. Wow, you really can't make the pattern without the pics because she has some unusual ideas about what "in the next space" means and some errors. I'm so sorry you can't see them. Perhaps on someone else's computer?

amdm - it may be a memory problem on your computer. Sometimes when there are a lot of pictures it can take forever. Have you tried cleaning up your computer? Disk Cleanup & Defrag?

I don't know what browser you use but you might want to try another one like Firefox.

http://www.firefox2008.de/us/

I had greatly admired this when I first saw it, but when I tried to show it to a friend, I found that we couldn't see the pictures. Can everyone else see them, is it just my computer?

I'm glad to know it isn't just me. I use to could see the picture but I can't now (there are just red x's now). I thought it was my computer but I also tried looking at it from work and now I'm on a computer at our church and I still can't see the pics - I wonder why?

Just to be sure Donni hadn't removed the pics from her server I took a look and they all came in fine. Try this: right click with your mouse over a picture. You will get a box with several different things you can do. One of them should be "Show Picture". Try clicking on this and see if the pics will come in one at a time for you. Good luck!

Hooray for the 14th! Another down.

A shawl for a friend... have you made a Seraphina? Quite easy to do, a lovely shape and everyone I've given one to loves them. I like to use larger than called for hooks. I've even made some from baby sport with a K or J hook just to get that drape I love. The only problem is that her directions are wonky. Go by her pictures and you'll be fine.

Thanks Carla, I'm making a "granny" shawl for the woman who just did the christening gown. She's gonna be a grandma in June. I love the look of this one.

Carla, Thanks for replying, but it's the Marguerite Bedspread pictures I can no longer see, not the Seraphina. I have made a Seraphina, and had no trouble doing so. I wanted to show my friend the beautiful bedspread motif, but found only crosses. I tried right-clicking and "Show picture" - didn't work, tried seeing on my computer at work - still couldn't.

One of them should be "Show Picture".

Thanks for the tip - however, I already tried that - on all 3 computers and the pics still don't show up - that is so weird. I wonder why I can't see them - especially since I could at one time - I remember how beautiful it was.

Carla, Thanks for replying, but it's the Marguerite Bedspread pictures I can no longer see, not the Seraphina. I have made a Seraphina, and had no trouble doing so. I wanted to show my friend the beautiful bedspread motif, but found only crosses. I tried right-clicking and "Show picture" - didn't work, tried seeing on my computer at work - still couldn't.
Oh. Duh... pardon my dumbness, LOL!

ETA: I can't see them anymore either. Maybe they're no longer available at their webhost.

Oops! Sorry - I did take them off my photobucket because my daughter was going to look at some pics on it.

Can you see them on the very first post of this thread? I can and I'm not at home.

OK so I've added the Margarite pictures to my photo bucket. Here are the links.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/habetlerm/Margarite2.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/habetlerm/Margarite1.jpg

Let me know if this helps.

That is going to be stunning, what a wonderful gift for your daughter.:cheer

Mary

Thank you for the cheerleading - it's gonna be a long hall!!!!

Oops! Sorry - I did take them off my photobucket because my daughter was going to look at some pics on it.

Can you see them on the very first post of this thread? I can and I'm not at home.

:woo I can see them again. I'm so glad you posted this. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't see them. Thank you.

They are so BEAUTIFUL - oh my goodness. I would love to be able to make something like that. You are amazingly talented. I need lots and lots and lots of practice with thread before I would even try that.

The bedspread is going to be absolutely stunning!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, hey ya'll - #15 is done!!!!!! Little by little.

PS: I got the shawl done for our gramma's shower tonight. I'll post a picture tomorrow. He came out great.

Hey, hey ya'll - #15 is done!!!!!! Little by little.

PS: I got the shawl done for our gramma's shower tonight. I'll post a picture tomorrow. He came out great.

I'm glad you're still going strong, Mimi. If you can, may we see some progress pictures? I LOVE your pattern!

Thanks Shirlene - I appreciate all the encouragement I can get. I keep wanting to do other projects. Like booties for the baby blanket. I just want to complete one motif a week if possible.

I once knitted an afghan for my step-mom for Christmas. It was 64 squares. It was a real struggle to get that one done. The number 64 or 58 - they seem so big. As you go along, do not thing of the number of squares you have left to complete, enjoy watching the growing stack of pieces completed! Be sure to spread them out and admire your work along the way! I know you can do it. The joy she receives when she opens the gift will be worth all the hard work :) Keep going!

Archived