Margarite Bedspread

habetlerm

As I recall the one motif a week pace was what I used until I got closer to being done and pushed harder to get the bedspread done. As I said before I took years over all to finish because of a long break in the middle.

Tell me what thread you are using. Back in 1981 when I started the pattern was for Knit-Cro-Sheen so that is what I used. That does not seem to be an option any more.

I am currently working out my vision of using the basic flower middle and somehow create a red shawl with lovely long fringes. I will probably try a few threads, hook sizes and motif sizes before I decide exactly how I want to proceed.

Laura

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you all for keeping me going. I'm almost done with 18. It seems it takes about one week for each motif. I don't even need the pattern anymore.

Of course it's summer and I'm taking longer on everything!

Well, you are moving along nicely then. :cheer:clap:cheer

I know what you mean about summer... it can be a challenge to keep going in the heat and humidity.

O-M-G-G!! That is "beautiful"!! And in white--awesome!! I wish I still had my maternal grandma's #10 crochet bedspread!!!!(got misplaced in my d-i-v-o-r-c-e) What a neat "heirloom" you are creating for your dd!!!!!:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I just got to wondering how it is going with the block of the week?

In this heat, it is so hard to concentrate and that doesn't even consider the heat of the project while you work :wlol

Well, I'm finished with the 18th. I've also done some measuring and my motifs are coming out at 14" soooooooooooooooo, I'm thinking for a Queen size I may only need 49 motifs. Any ideas?

I like the magarita idea but I think it might make my fingers do strange things.

I will join in on the cheering squad effort here. Rah rah rah!! :cheer

Hearing about your progress is inspiring with a capital "I," Mimi. :)

Ok, I admit that I come here just to look at the pics on page one :blush Gotta feed that pic addiction I have developed since I came to the Ville...

still cheering :cheer:cheer:cheer

:rofl

:clap:cheer:hook:yay:yarn Great job keep going!!!!! This looks great. I would love to have the ambition to take on a project like this. Maybe if I start next year I coud have it done by my 25th anniversary. Its 3 years from now.

:clap:cheer:hook:yay:yarn Great job keep going!!!!! This looks great. I would love to have the ambition to take on a project like this. Maybe if I start next year I coud have it done by my 25th anniversary. Its 3 years from now.

Or maybe for your 50th :rofl

Sorry, had to be said. I couldn't do it in 30 years never mind three years.

If you decide to do this, I'lll join your :cheer:cheer:cheer squad too :wlol

I've been following along with this thread, but this is my first post. I cannot believe how BEAUTIFUL the motifs are!!! They are truly spectacular, and it's wonderful how diligently you're working on them! It shows a lot of discipline and dedication, although what better inspiration than making a cherished heirloom for a beloved daughter? Keep up the good work! I can't WAIT to see the finished product! Go! Go! Go!

:cheer :cheer :cheer

Elle

You are all so helpful to me. I've been away for a while. Summer is so busy. Our daughter is now back in town so I won't get to work on the motifs as much but that's OK 'cause I'm testing a doily and tabletop for Katchkan and can get those done.

I'm almost done with the 19th motif. I'm still working on it at work at lunch time.

Thank you sooooo much for keeping me going.

Glad to hear you got the 19th done. So I want to encourage you to get up into the 20s now. Come on! You can do it! Just one more doily and you are at 20! Glad your summer is going good.

:clap This bedspread pattern is a classic.. Your daughter is a very special person and I know that you will finish this project and you will proudly present it to her on her wedding day !! I feel goosebumps now picturing her joy and your pride !!! You go, girl !!!:cheer

• 1 month later...

What a crazy summer this has been. I haven't been able to check on anything since my husband went in for knee replacement in May.

I've finished 22!!!!!!! I'm also trying to test some projects for Katchkan and having some problems staying on task. I'm using a lighter thread and I think it's making me crazy.

I also need to do an afghan for a wedding on December 26th so not sure how much I'll get done on the bedspread. Good thing she's not even engaged.

Archived