Margarite Bedspread

habetlerm

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

your bedspread is gonna be so stunningly stunningly beautiful!!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

could i please please have any pattern info? the froogle link you posted earlier in the thread is not working anymore :cry

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for being so patient with me.

I've finished the wedding afghan and need to work on some test patterns for Katchkan.

I've finished one more motif and am working on another.

There has been so much going on in my life since May that I've been really bad about checking in.

Take care ya'll.

Thank you all for being so patient with me.

I've finished the wedding afghan and need to work on some test patterns for Katchkan.

I've finished one more motif and am working on another.

There has been so much going on in my life since May that I've been really bad about checking in.

Take care ya'll.

They say that life is what happens while we are making other plans :sigh

I am so pleased that you are getting more done... so you are working on number 24 or is it 25? I'm losing count.

But still :cheer:cheer:cheer you along

We all feel like we have a vested interest in your afghan now so we will wait and :cheer as you can report. :wlol

I was looking through my stash trying to find a doily pattern that I felt like making, and I stumbled across a pattern that looks remarkably similar to this one. I think it's probably a little different, since it's marketed by a different thread company (Phildar? ever heard if it?), but it's in a 1982 McCall's Design Ideas Knit and Crochet for the Home. It's called Waterlily.

http://amandascrochetconfessional.blogspot.com/2007/09/waterlily-bedspread.html

Amanda

Amanda,

In the old days I don't think they were so serious about copyright laws as people are now. I've got that motif is several different mags & leaflets & some of them have different names. It could also be that the person who created it maintained control of being able to publish it in other publications.

I've heard it said about crochet (And knitting & beading, etc) that's there's really nothing new under the sun. If you look at some of the new patterns today you can usually find some version of them in publications from decades ago.

Happy hookin'

Bev

Amanda,

In the old days I don't think they were so serious about copyright laws as people are now. I've got that motif is several different mags & leaflets & some of them have different names. It could also be that the person who created it maintained control of being able to publish it in other publications.

I've heard it said about crochet (And knitting & beading, etc) that's there's really nothing new under the sun. If you look at some of the new patterns today you can usually find some version of them in publications from decades ago.

Happy hookin'

Bev

I wonder how big that motif would be in yarn. :eek Not that I am going to find out but just got to thinking :wlol

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I think that in yarn it would be huge.

It measure about 14" across in my pattern.

I realize this is larger than the pattern but cant figure out why and since it's going so well I really don't care too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Mimi, it sounds like you're coming along splendidly with your beautiful bedspread. It is going to be so gorgeous! I think your pattern (which obviously keeps showing up in other publications) is a traditional one. Maggie Rheghetti (spelling? — rats, I know it is wrong) has this Marguerite block in her Crocheting in Plain English (probably got the title wrong, too). It's like the quilt blocks which show up under so many different names — used over and over but with different titles.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I'm not at the half way mark just yet but I'm going to put some together to see if the measurements are accurate. My motifs come out larger than they are suppose to which is actually a benefit for me if I don't have to make more motifs.

I'll try to check in more regularly. I've been ill and life is happening again.

• 1 month later...

I have gotten back to work on it, but still haven't put any motifs together.

I'm also working on some test projects for Kathy that I've been totally neglecting.

However a bright star to these Wisconsin winters is we get to go to see our daughter in Hawaii at the end of February what a wonderful winter break.

Sorry I've been gone so long. Ended up in the hospital right before Thanksgiving and a few things at work have set me back on everything. Hopefully I'll be back to normal (and just what is that????) soon.

habetlerm:

Good to see you back and Congrats on your Hawaii trip. Our daughter lived in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and our very first grandaughter was born there in November so I understand the winters there. Even can be drearier then here in Nebraska. Eau Claire was a beautiful town and we enjoyed our visits there.

Sorry to hear you landed in the hospital and glad you are back on your feet. Motifs are one of my favorites so I am here to :cheer:cheer:cheer you on. :yay

:manyheart:crocheting

KathyWho

Archived